Chapter 24

Innocent & Purely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Now[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Helplessly[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]As the dream faded, I chased it, forlorn hoping for it to continue. Instead, I woke up in seeing Jung kook look upon his phone, turned pale and looked upon me as he smiled.

“Morning jagiya.” I studied his features, noticing his eye bags puffed a bit indicating tears were shed the night before. I placed my hand on his face and smiled at him.

“I… heard everything you said… last night.”

“You were supposed to jagiya…” His voice rasped.

“Were you crying?” He didn’t say anything, but simply smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and tightened it.

“If you were listening, you would’ve heard the bit where I said let’s make living worthwhile.” He mentioned. I snuggled in closer to Jung kook’s chest, as the warmth radiated my body, making this a very comfortable position for me.

“What were you dreaming of?” He suddenly asked me.

“Huh?”

“You were smiling. I’ve never seen that before.”

“Ne?”

“Aw~ you shouldn’t have dreamt of me jagiya.” I softly hit his chest and continued to stay in this position.

“I have to go somewhere today jagiya… a meeting with your dad and some of his other co-workers.”

“How long for?”

“Who knows? Maybe an hour or two. Could even be the whole day… but if you need me, you can always call me.” I smiled and nodded as we cuddled even longer and tighter. I wanted to stay like this and pass the day Jung kook prepares flight to France.

------------------------------------------

I craved for the longing sunshine and green environment, so I decided to take a walk to the nearest park… permission granted from Hyun Shik of course, since Jung kook’s ‘appointment’ with my dad was mandatory. My eyes wandered from store to store within the paralleled streets as I listened to my music playing from my earplugs. I continued to walk through the pathway until a white Ferrari stopped and the tinted window opened to reveal a familiar face.

“H… Han Byul?” He stepped out of his car wearing a casual white t-shirt with the San Francisco Bridge on it, and creamed beige jeans.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him as I took out both of my earplugs.

“I just saw you walking here and I decided to say hi. Now that you’ve taken both your earplugs out, I take that as a compliment and a sign that you, my lady, want to hang out with the spectacular Han Byul.” I giggled at his intro, as he gestured me to the other side of the car before he opened the door for me. I hopped in its setting as scent arose into me. It was vanilla… oh boy. He began to drive at a moderate rate as he disrupted the silence.

“I assume you are picking out something to wear for your father’s dinner party.”

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“Your father’s dinner party… tonight?”

“I don’t… know anything about that.”

“Hm… Interesting.”

“What is?”

“That your dad didn’t tell you about his dinner party happening tonight.” An idea popped up into my head as I recalled that Jung kook had to do something with my dad about his company. I took out my phone, tilting my waist a bit to get into my pocket and take it out. I tried ringing Jung kook, as my hopes went up after the picking up sound, but only voiced the message machine. I pouted and Han Byul noticed.

“Who’d you call?”

“Jung kook.” He nodded his head as he continued to eye the road.

“Well… since we are out here on a nice sunny day, you get to be my guest for tonight’s party.”

“Ne?”

“We’re going shopping.”

--------------------------------------

I walked side by side with Han Byul was we entered the white marbled mall of Seoul city. Chattering noises arose as the footsteps of heels and shoes triumphed the ground. We walked along, eyeing stores… not that I was interested in any. Han Byul noticed a pastel and natured store as he took hold my wrist and dragged me into it. To my surprise… it was a dress store. I walked behind Han Byul as he judged some of the dresses, looking for the right one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter