Seven

6162160

That dating didn’t end there. It was only the beginning.

It took about two weeks for Kai to ask me out.

My heart was already starting to break, when he asked me on the phone.

I was wishing he'd still date me, regardless of the fact that I am Krystal, his bestfriend. Just his bestfriend.

“Krystal, about the date..”  He stopped for awhile, I didn’t speak and just held my phone.

“Do you want to go out with me?” thump thump thump.

I was expecting the worst. But, he asked me on a date right now.

Thump thump thump.

“Uh.. meet me in the riverside at 7 pm tomorrow, if it’s a yes.” He said and hung up.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My heart beats wildly again.

I lay down, and looked at my room’s ceiling.

I didn’t know why my heart goes out of control when I was sixteen.

I didn’t know it was love.

Or did I?

Was I just in denial?

Was I afraid to admit that I’m falling for my bestfriend, back when I was sixteen?

I’m not sure.

The only thing I am sure of right now is, Kai asked me for a date.

 

I didn’t want Kai to think, I didn’t like him. Even for a second.

So I arrived in the riverside, a minute earlier than the said time.

“You came.” He said, smiling.

“Kai, I know you know your smile is deadly.”

We sat down on the green grass.

Now I understand why it took two weeks for him to ask me out. Tonight, the moon is shaped like the earth.

“It’s been five years, Sujeong.”

“I missed you a lot.” I said, my voice with sincerity. “Are you sure you want to date me?” I asked, then regretted it.

I don’t want to hear his answer. What if he changes his mind?

“When we were six, and you were crying in our school’s clinic, looking for your mom and abruptly stopping when the nurse gave you a lollipop, I wasn’t sure I want to date you when I grow up. But now, I am certain. I want to date my bestfriend.”

“You were there?” I asked, covering my mouth.

“Yeah. I was in the clinic too, getting my wound cleaned. And there you were, crying your lung out. My first impression of you was right. You were a crybaby.” He said.

"That's amazing. It must be destiny's fault." I said.

"Probably.." He brought out a paperbag, which I assumed came from a foodchain.

"You must be hungry. I remember you eating like a monster, and getting hungry after half an hour or two."

"Burgers? Here's a tip, Kai. I like sashimi more than burgers."

"Then, I'm going to bring sashimi next time." He said, unwrapping one of the burgers and giving it to me.

"Krystal. We've wasted our childhood, hiding our feelings. Let's not waste more time." He chuckled and groaned, covering his eyes and tilting his head. "That sounds so cheesy. There must be something in the moon that made me say that."

I laughed, "The full moon gives you courage, right?" I reminisced.

"Yeah.. So now I am asking you.. Did you hide your feelings like I did? Do you like me? Do you want to be with me?"

Thump thump thump

Should I let my guard down? Afterall, he's Kai, my savior. He stopped my tears. So, he probably won't make me cry, right?

"Kai..” thump thump thump thump thump. I feel like my heart will explode any minute now.

“I’d really like it if you’ll call me oppa.”

Oppa.

It was hard for me to call him that.

I’ve spent a lot of years with him, but I never called him that.

“Oppa.” That was my answer.

It felt weird saying that, but Kai smiled genuinely when he heard that.

He leaned my head on his shoulder.

I’ve become his, under the full moon.

 

~~

Sorry for the delay and the short chap.

I'm just not in the mood to write.

I lost my feel since the 15th.

You know what I mean.

I'm about to cry another han river again.

Please leave me nice comments :>

Thank you dear subbies. <3

xoxo

asdfghjkldoll