Six

6162160

“The first thing you do when you come back to Seoul is to go on a blind date?” I brought out two skirts from my closet.

“Umma, it’s not the first thing. We’ve been back for six days now.” I said sarcastically.

I held the skirts infront of me, “Which one looks better with that cream sweater?”

“That one.” She said.

I’m thankful for having a mom like her. She has been my only rock since Kai and appa left.

I lost one of my rocks when I left for London, then I lost the other one a year after we moved there.

Appa died of heartattack. It was so sudden. Who would expect my strong appa to go like that?

When he died, mom and I had to move houses and all that. That’s when I lost contact to Kai.

And now, I’m hoping the impossible will happen.

KIM DONGIN AND KIM JONGIN.

I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

“My princess looks so beautiful. The guy you’re meeting is very lucky,” Umma walked me to the door.

“Call me, okay?” That phrase used to be ‘call us’ when appa was still here.

I smiled, “Yes, umma.” And closed the door.

 

I flagged down a cab, and told the driver the place. I’m still familiar with the streets and places here in Seoul, afterall I was only gone for five years.

 

I stepped inside the café.

Something inside me was wishing it was him. It was zero possibility, but I still hoped.

My eyes scanned the place.

He is walking towards me.

I don’t know if it’s my imagination or everything really went in slow motion.

He is smiling at me.  Thump thump thump.

This is unbelievable. I wished for this, but I never thought it would really happen.

My bestfriend is walking towards me.

“Krystal.” He said, showing me his legendary smile that showed twenty of his teeth.

I cannot stop smiling as I called his name. “Kai.”

I hesitated but pulled him into a hug.

He pulled a chair for me to sit on.

For a blank minute, I stared at him. Watching his every move.

I can’t help but notice how much he have grown, and how tan he was.

He’s a man now, but he didn’t change a bit. It’s making me fall for him harder.

I have to thank Sulli and her brother for bringing up KIM DONGIN.

“Krystal?” He said, smiling. “We’ve got a lot of catching up to do. It’s been like four years since I last heard your voice.”

“When appa died, I lost contact of you. We lived from one house to another. I tried a lot of ways to track you down, but it all came down to nothing.. you moved too?” I asked.

“U-uncle died?” His smile faded.

"Uhh.. A year after we moved.. Heartattack." I stuttered. "So, you moved too?" I changed the subject upon composing myself.

"Yeah.. I was worrying you'll look for me there, but mom wanted to move.."

I told him the story of how Sulli looked for him. He cracked up when he heard Kim Kai and Kim Dongin.

“I might have to punish that kid, for messing up my name.” He said.

With that date, I learned a lot about Kai.

He didn't finish college, but he's got a cafe of his own. Kai's family was already well off, since we were young. It's not surprising that he quit college and made a cafe. Aside from the cafe he owns, he teaches dance.

 

"Umma would be happy to see you!" I said as we stepped out of the elevator.

"I'm happy to see her too." He smiled.

I rang our home's buzzer.

And in a few minutes, mom is already hugging Kai and patting his head.

"My goodness, you've grown so much Kai!" We walked inside.

"How are you doing? Huh?"

"I'm doing good, auntie.. How are things for you?" He asked mom.

I threw my body into my beanbag.

"I'm good too, Kai. Do you want something to drink? Eat? Oh! That's right! Fruits! Wait here, dear. I'll go get some fruits." She passed by me, "Sweetie, you have a visitor. Get up." She said.

"He's no visitor, umma!" I said earning a smack on the forehead from Kai.

"Yah!" I protested but sat properly.

He sat down the couch.

“Kai.” I faced him. “Were you jogging around apgujeong the other day?” I asked, remembering the incident the other day.

“I jog every morning around apgujeong. Why?”

“By any chance, were you wearing a black track suit?”

“Let’s see.. Yes I think it was black the other day.”

“Oh my god. That was you.”

“Huh?”

“I saw you that day and tried to follow you but you were too fast and there were a lot of people. I even called you, but I think you’re wearing earphones.”

“Destined.” He said smirking.

Mom came out of the kitchen with a plate of strawberries and other fruits.

“How did you two meet?” She said, sitting down.

“There’s a long and funny story behind it, mom. He was my date.”

“Really? That’s amazing! So you still live in Seoul.. I assume you graduted from college already. What do you do now?”

“I didn’t finish college, auntie. But I run a café near here,”

“And he teaches dance.” I interrupted.

“Don’t you have any plans to finish college, dear? You dance? For real?”

“Right now auntie, I can only focus on the café and the agency.”

“You see those boys dancing on tv, mom? He taught them!”

“You’re doing pretty good.. And your mom? How are they doing?”

“They’re doing good.”

 

 

~~

And there you meet Dongin, Krystal's bestfriend and firts love.

LOL.

Leave me comments <3

xoxo

asdfghjkldoll