Twenty Seven

6162160

I was washing up when Kai came home from work. And when I got out, our room was empty. I went out to the living room and found him there watching tv, his feet on top of the table and a can of beer in his hand.

"Aren't you going to eat dinner?" I asked, drying my hair.

He didn't answer, as if he didn't hear me.

"Jagiya." I called, but got no answer.

I took the clicker and turned the tv off, "How long will you ignore me?"

He groaned, "Turn it on."

"Not until you talk to me."

"Aren't we talking right now? Turn the tv on."

"Jagi."

"I said turn it on!" He snatched the clicker from me and turned it on.

"Jagiya." I said, on the brink of crying.

"Aren't you tired of crying? Don't start again, Krystal. I'm tired from work."

"How long will you do this?! I said I'm sorry!"

"What will that sorry make? A baby?" He snorted. Then walked to our room.

I ran to him and back hugged him, tightly.

"Kai, let's not be like this."

He took my arms off him, "I'm tired."

"I'm tired too. Tired of crying, tired of saying sorry, tired of pretending to be happy, tired of everything."

"Who told you to cry? To say sorry? To pretend to be happy? That's your choice."

He's so cold to me, so different.

 

I went to our room and found him there, lying on the bed and playing with his phone.

I took a deep breath and sat on the bed, keeping a distance from him.

I looked at him before laying, "Good night." I whispered softly.

There's a huge gap between us, I'm not used to this. We've always cuddled to sleep.

I turned, so my back was facing him.

I felt the bed shift, I guess he did the same.

Tomorrow will be better.

 

And I was wrong.

I hoped for a better day, but it was the opposite.

I was up early, and started preparing breakfast.

While cooking, I thought of how to wake him up. Like before, I'll shower him with kisses.

But all those thoughts faded when I heard the sound of Kai's shoes.

I ran out the kitchen and found him, walking to our door, all dressed up for work.

"You're leaving already? Aren't you going to have breakfast?"

"No." He didn't turn his back and just walked out of our house.

 

I was left there, in that lonely and quiet home. Never have I imagined that this will happen. He treated me so much like a princess, and I can't believe he is ignoring me like I don't exist at all.

 

I was hungry when I was cooking but it seems like I lost my appetite. To distract myself, I started cleaning and doing the laundry. I was surprised to notice Kai's dirty clothes are properly placed in the basket. He's finally doing it right, but why can't I be happy? I want him to purposely scatter his clothes around and annoy me, while he laughs at me. The door buzzed when I was hanging the damp clothes. Who could that be? At this hour? I ran and saw Sulli on the screen. I unlocked the door, and she came in.

"Unnie!" She said, and hugged me tightly.

"Sulli ya!" I was delighted to see her. It's the first time we're seeing each other outside the hospital.

She wasn't that hurt during the accident, she just had some bruises. Unlike Sehun and I, who were sitting infront. Sehun got some fractures, but he's pretty lucky he didn't get any injury that'll affect him for life. Well, as for me, it's a totally different story. I lost an angel. And what hurts more is that I lived. I lived, while my poor baby died. I would rather die and have the baby live, but I can't turn back time. What already happened, cannot be changed.

 

"Ya. Unnie, what happened to you?" She held my cheeks and turned my face.

"You look tired and you've lost weight." She said, examining me.

"Oh, did I?" I smiled faintly. "Have you eaten breakfast? Let's go eat." I said, avoiding her eyes and turning towards the kitchen.

Her hand held my wrist and stopped me,"Unnie, are you alright?"

I turned, our eyes met. "Honestly, I'm not."

All Kai's words and actions hit me, and I was standing there, crying for the nth time.

She took me to the couch and we sat there.

"Is it because of the baby? Unnie, I'm very sure your little angel is somewhere nice. Don't be too sad, huh? The baby's probably having a good time somewhere."

"It's not just the baby, Sul. Kai, too."

"Kai? What's with him?"

"He hates me."

"Hates you? What? No. Impossible."

"He does. We've been fighting non-stop. He's ignoring me since the accident. I'm seeing a different side of Kai. I've known him for years, but he never treated me like this before."

"I cannot imagine, unnie."

"I can't too."

We spent hours talking about that. I hate to, but Sulli said, I should let it all out. Now she knows even the smallest details.

"He has no one to blame, so he blames me. Oh wait, I really am to blame." I chuckled.

"No one is to blame! He shouldn't blame you here. You both lost the baby, plus, you got hurt too. Blaming you is unfair, and.. It'll lead to no good. Can't you talk it out?"

"He won't even talk to me."

"I want to drag Dongin here and lock you in a room to talk. But I can't do that. You're married, and I shouldn't cross that line."

"No, no. It's alright. I just want someone to talk to, to get it off my chest. I'm glad you came."

She hugged me, "I hope he'll come back to his senses, unnie."


I' guessing all of you are hating Kai right now. LOL.

You'll definitely hate him more, SOON.

I just hope you won't stop reading this storyyyyy. Huh?

xoxo

asdfghjkldoll