Eighteen

6162160

“So, unnie what happened? Huh? Huh?” Munching on the cheese sticks from mom, Sulli asked me for the nth time, and I keep avoiding her question. I didn’t want to tell her just yet, cause telling her is a synonym for telling the whole world. I’m planning to surprise Kai, and telling her beforehand is just a big no-no. I was kind of relieved when she asked me about it, because I was worrying her aunt told her already. But it seems like her aunt has a slight difference from her, she kept shut when she feels like she needs too. Although Sulli is my best friend, and I love her too much, I admit she’s bad in keeping secrets and shutting up.

I stapled some papers which I don’t really know what for.

“Sul, get back to work. I’m busy. We’ll talk later, huh?” I said, not bothering to look at her.

“Busy? Since when is stapling scratch papers your work?” Pouting, she stood up.

“I’m going to go and ask my aunt for the 100th time!”

I chuckled, isn’t it obvious? I’m refusing to tell her, she should know by now. This girl, really silly.

 

It was around 3pm, when Kai –without warning- came to our firm. I was expecting him to come, but not this early. We’re going to dinner with his friends and we decided to use his car, so he took me to work and he’s supposed to pick me up too, but he is way too early. He arrived with two frappes, and I had to control myself from groaning when I saw the frappe.

Just when Kai settled beside me, Sulli and Sehun came back from eating out.

They passed by my desk, and Sehun placed a bottle of orange juice infront of me.

“Thanks.” I told him.

I didn’t notice Kai took note of that and placed the frappe infront of me, brushing the orange juice aside, until Sehun spoke, “Noona hates that.” He said, referring to the frappe.

It was quiet, and I was thankful Sulli broke it. She handed me a heart-shaped cookie, “Unnie likes this.” She giggled and left, dragging Sehun along with her.

“Noona hates that?” Kai spoke, while I tried to look busy again with the stapler.

“Oh that..” I mumbled softly, but enough for him to hear.

“You hate it?” He asked.

“Just right now..” I said then regretted it, realizing it sounds sarcastic. “No, what I mean is, the frappe tastes really odd to me lately. Not only the frappe but the banana milk too. You know I love those two, but there’s something wrong with my taste buds..I think?”

Sighing, “You could’ve told me. I wouldn’t have forced you to drink it last night. I just don’t understand why you have to lie to your husband while you tell the truth to your junior.” I turned to face him, but he was already with his phone.

I tried to focus on my work for the next three hours, while Kai sat beside me, silently.

He didn’t utter a word since the hazelnut thing.

After fixing my things, I turned to him “Jagi, we can go now.” I smiled at him, trying to make him talk to me.

Looking at me, he said “I think I just made a big deal about a frappe.” Then groaned.

I chuckled, I really married a childish guy. “It’s alright, jagi.” I pulled him up.

“So you like orange juice from now?” He asked as we got off the elevator and into his car.

“Yeah, maybe for this month.” I chuckled.

He laughed softly as he stepped on the accelerator.

“Why did you come so early? Don’t you have work to do?”

“No, not really. I just missed you.”

“Oh you did?” I poked his cheek.

 

Back when we were still dating, Kai was teased a lot by his friends. Saying, Kai has the option to play a lot with girls(he was quite popular with girls, and boasting aside, Kai really has the face and the charm)  but he chose to date. And tonight was no exception. He was teased more, and asked why he got married at such a young age. I don't mind it though, it's not something to be taken seriously. Plus, his friends are really really nice to me.

The whole time, I was silently praying that they won't ask us to go out and party. The bar's atmosphere is not quite good for me, and for the kid. It's all smoke there and lots of tempting alcohol.

After we finished chatting and eating, they said the sentence I prayed they won't.

"There's a club down the street."

I gulped, and faked a smile.

Kai looked so excited, and he turned to me, asking -almost pleading- if we could come.

And I couldn't refuse. Clubbing, to Kai is a form of relieving his stress. But, he only goes clubbing if I'm with him. And we rarely go clubbing since we got married.

"Come on, Mrs. Kim!" His friends persuaded me.

I chuckled, and turned to Kai, "Jagi, you can come with them if you like."

"Come with me, oh?"

"No, really. You can come without me. I trust you." I gave him an assuring smile.

"You know Kai won't ever go without you." One of his friends said.

"Yeah, come with us, we won't stay too late!"

"You can't come home alone, and I can't go clubbing without you."

His friends groaned, "It's making me cringe!" His friend said.

Kai threw him a balled up napkin.

"Come on Mr and Mrs Kim! Just a drink! It's been awhile!"

"I really can't come." I said, trying hard not to disappoint them.

"Why not?" They asked.

"She's probably tired, right?" Kai said.

I nodded, "Yeah, Kai can come. You can come jagi. I'll take a cab home."

"No, I'll take you home."

"Aigooo!" His friend grunted, "I'm thinking of not getting married if it's like this!"

"Stupid!" Kai retorded, chuckling.

"Maybe next time." He added.

I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Alright then! Next time is a promise, Krystal!" They said.

I smiled and nodded, "Definitely next time!"

 

That night, I cuddled with Kai until he fell asleep. When I was sure he was, I lifted his arms off my tummy a little and got my phone.

Setting the screen brightness at it's lowest, I scrolled through different dishes.

Everything I saw was mouth watering. But I have to choose one for breakfast tomorrow.

It was already 2 am, I think, when I finished reading. Locking my phone and turning off the night light, I hugged Kai to sleep.

 

It was around five am, when I suddenly woke up feeling uncomfortable. Realizing what it was, I quickly -but gently- lifted Kai's arm off me and ran to the washroom.

I threw up. I thought of not making a sound, for Kai not to wake up. But how can you throw up without any sound?

So while I threw up, coughing here and there, Kai knocked on the door.

"Jagiya? Are you okay?"

"Uh, huh. I'll be out in a minute."

"Okay."

I fixed myself, and went out.

"Did you throw up?"

"Yeah. I must've eaten something bad."

"Are you okay now? Should I take you to the hospital?"

"No,no. I'm alright." I smiled, "It's still early jagi, go back to sleep."

"Sure? Tell me if anything hurts. Okay? Let's go back to sleep." He pulled me towards the bed.

"I'll prepare breakfast, jagi."

He grinned, "We can prepare breakfast. Let me help, oh?"

"You really want to help?" I chuckled, "Then okay!"

Tying my hair in a bun, we went to the kitchen.

"What are we cooking?"

"Just some waffles and smoothies." I smiled, getting flour and eggs.

We started off by making the batter, and playing with the ingredients too.

He cracked the egg on my forehead, that made me scream. Then the next thing I did was to blow flour right on his face.

The kitchen was pretty messed up, when we decided to stop and proceed with the cooking. Kai offered to cook it. (since I in pouring things)

While he made it, I started making the smoothies. I grew up drinking this smoothie made by mom. It was strawberry and tofu. I didn't know how mom thought of this. But it's just great.

After I finished my tasks, I found myself staring at him cook. I wish we did this more often. It's quite lonely when I wake up early in the morning and cook all by myself. And suddenly, I thought of having our little kid running around the kitchen while his/her mum and dad are cooking. I met eyes with Kai, and I smiled, thinking he's going to be the best dad.