Nineteen

6162160

“It’s been more than a month. But it feels like we said our vows just yesterday.” He threw a rock into the water.

We were sitting on a very familiar place. Grass, river and city lights.

“So far, how is it being Mrs. Kim?” He smiled, turning to me.

I sighed, “Hmm. Being Mrs. Kim is like the most wonderful thing.” I chuckled. “Jagi, what do you think of us being mum and dad?”

“That’ll be great! Should we try to be mum and dad?” He grinned.

“No need to try, jagi.”

He looked at me, eyes big. “No need to.. try?”

I nodded, “I’m pregnant, jagi. Four weeks.”

His mouth hung open, “Really? Really?” He hugged me tightly, and cupped my cheek. “Like really, really?”

 I nodded again, “Yes.”

“WOOOOO!” He stood up and screamed, “I’m going to be a daaaaaad!”

I laughed with his childish actions. “Is it a girl?” He kneeled infront of me, “Or a boy?”

“We won’t know yet!” I giggled.

“Not yet? It’s a marshmallow then! ”

“MARSHMALLOW?” I laughed hard and I pulled him to sit.

“You have a little marshmallow, in here.” He poked my tummy.

A cute and funny way to address our baby, MARSHMALLOW. Aigoo, this KIM KAI.

“When did you know? How? OH MY GOD SOOJUNG SWEETIE!”

Laughing, I hit him lightly, “The day when I visited mom and you came home to nothing.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner? How did you know? Let’s go see a doctor!”

“I wanted to tell you under the full moon, you know. I already visited a doctor. It was Sulli’s aunt.”

“So that’s why you’ve been acting really weird! So what did the doctor say? You’re healthy, right? What are the do’s and don’ts? Huh huh?”

I have no idea Kai would act like this. Because when I first knew, I had mixed feelings. But Kai is all happy and excited.

“I’m healthy, okay? Do’s and don’ts? Hmmm. She told me not to stress myself and relax. Stay away from alcohol and smoke.. things like that.”

“Then we should go home, it’s getting late! You need to rest!” He stood up, “Piggy back!” He said and crouched down.

“No need! I’m getting heavier!”

“I can carry my noona and my baby! Come on!” He said, smiling.

So I rode his back and we went to his car.

“I’m going to be a dad! How cool is that!” He is so excited.

I smiled, I’m happy too, but I’m scared. I heard it’s hard and it hurts.

 

During bedtime, Kai stuck his ear on my tummy, “I can’t hear anything.”

“Of course you won’t! It’s only four weeks, jagi!” I pushed him off, giggling.

“I think I need to read about being a dad. I’m so clueless.”

“You should! And we’re seeing a doctor next week, okay?”

“Alright! I’m going to be a dad!” He repeated for the nth time since this evening.

He slid down the bed, and pulled the blanket over us.

“Good night, jagi.” He pecked my cheek, and put his hand on my tummy, “Good night, marshmallow.”

I can’t help but smile everytime he says marshmallow, how did he even think of that?

“Good night, jagi.” I said before, hugging him to sleep.

 

 

 

On our coffee break, we went to a nearby pastry shop.

“What are you two having?” Sehun asked, as we sat on the table.

“Get me a cheesecake, Sehun-ah!”

“How about you, noona?” He asked me,

“Anything that you think I won’t like.” He looked at me confused.

“Yah, are you crazy?” Sulli poked me.

“No, I mean, something I don’t usually eat. It’s up to you Sehun.”

He sighed, “How did I like this people?” He joked, then went off to the counter.

Unlike any other days, Sulli didn’t ask me anything about my visit to her aunt.

But now that I told, Kai, I can finally tell Sul, too.

“Sul, about that check-up I had.” I leaned my elbow on the table, to get closer to Sulli who was sitting across me.

She leaned in too, her hands under her chin. “I know.”

“You know?” I asked her.

“Uh huh. Since you refused to tell me, I figured out you must be pregnant.” She giggled.

“I underestimated you, Sul.” I laughed.

“Yes, you did. So, you’re really pregnant? Weeks?” She squealed.

“Four weeks!”

“Oh my god!” She exclaimed.

“What’s with four weeks?” Sehun asked as he sat, distributing our food.

“KRYSTAL’S FOUR WEEKS PREGNANT!” Sulli screamed, loud for everyone to hear.

Sehun sat, and froze.

“Tone it down, Sulli!” I said.

“Oh, you are.. noona?” Sehun asked, as if someone had died.

“Uh, yeah.” I smiled, waiting for him to smile too. But he didn’t.

“Here, it doesn’t look good so I think you’ll hate it.” He said, pushing the plate to me.

“Thanks.” I looked at the cake, it was golden brown, it looked like caramel and it had cranberries in it.

It’s not the usual cake I like, it’s way way opposite than my usual tastes. But right now, everything I used to hate, becomes the ones I love.

“So unnie, what are you planning to do? Hmm? Kai knows already, doesn’t he?”

Nodding, “I just told him yesterday.” I said.

“W-hen did you know?” Sehun asked, eating.

“Almost a week ago.”

Sehun was quiet while Sulli asked me a lot of things. Sulli kept the conversation going throughout our coffee break.

And when we got back to work, Sulli announced it to the whole team. Giving me much attention and a lot of congratulations.

“Wow Sul, it looks like you’re the pregnant one.” I joked, settling on my desk.

“It looks like you have no plan on telling them unless they ask you, so I decided to broadcast it.” She giggled and sat back to her desk.

I worked on my design again. My new client is a newly married couple, just like us, and they wanted their apartment to be child-friendly, so they won’t have any problems in the future. I thought of our home, it’s child friendly, right? I didn’t design our apartment’s interior so I had doubts about it. I should look into that more.

After a few more hours of drawing and revising, I prepared to go home.

When I was in the elevator, Kai called me saying he’s picking me up.

“No, jagi. I’m alright. I can drive alone. Don’t worry too much. Hmm?” I said, hoping to discourage him from picking me up. I get where he’s coming from, but it’s going to be too tiring for him, and I don’t want that.

He asked me repeatedly, and I told him I can do it, until I reached my car in the parking lot.

“I’ll be home soon. I’ll be careful. You too, okay?” He finally agreed.

When I turned around to open my car, Sehun was there, standing on the other side.

“You scared me!” I held my chest.

He smiled slightly, “I’m sorry noona.”

“That’s alright.. Are you going home too?”

He nodded, “Yeah, and earlier, I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations, noona.” He smiled. But somehow, his smile looked fake to me.

“Sehun, can’t you be happy for noona?” I asked, trying to sound caring.

“I’m trying.” He smiled, “But it’s not easy.” Again, a fake smile.

“You should start dating, Sehun-ah. You’re not going to find ‘her’ like this. She’s probably waiting for you too.”

“If it’s meant to be, it will be. If ‘she’ is somewhere, I’m sure destiny will do it’s job and bring us together.” He smiled.

And I smiled, I never thought Sehun believes in such things. But then again, Sehun is a really really sweet boy, her future girlfriend is really lucky.

“Yeah, smile like that more often, huh?”

“I will, drive carefully, noona!” He said.

I nodded and got inside my car, before I took off, I waved him bye.


Someone tell me if the story's going boring, hmm?

Don't forget to leave me comments! But please please avoid spoilers, sweeties <3

Subscribe too! And do vote if you like, honeysss <3

asdfghjkldoll loves seeing orange 'New subscribers' and 'New story comments'! 

Add me and talk to me ttoooooo! I like the message button and friends button orange too!

xoxo,

asdfghjkldoll