Twenty One

6162160

It was around the sixth week of my pregnancy when I often woke up at the middle of the night, craving for something sour.

I remember the first time it happened. It was a little funny.

Kai was unusually tired that night from the cafe and the dance rehearsals, so we slept earlier than usual. At around 2 am, I woke up wanting something to eat. I tried to ignore it and sleep. But I couldn't fall asleep. I really want to eat something. So I tapped Kai, I had a hard time waking him up, but when I pinched him, he woke up instantly asking what's wrong. So I told him I wanted to eat something sour. He was amused, asking me "At this hour? Really, jagi?"

I nodded and asked for something sour. He went out the room and came back with trolli candies. He thought those candies will be fine. He was insisting I should atleast try his precious candies. I refused then, he came back with a lemon.

And since that night, Kai took note of not running out of lemons.

And this night was no different, but instead of bugging Kai, I stood up myself and went to the kitchen. He must be tired, I shouldn't bother him.

Using the chopboard, I silently sliced the fruit.

And I was really shocked when the lights came to life, and there was Kai, standing.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He asked, getting the knife from me.

"It's alright, jagi. I can do it."

"Even if." He sliced it. "Tell me when you crave for anything. Wake me up. Don't go doing things on your own, okay?"

"But you're tired. I don't want to add to that."

"When it comes to you and marshmallow, nothing is tiring. Here." I took a lemon and dipped it in pepper and salt.

He treats me so much like a princess, doing everything for me. He even quit eating sashimi or any raw food for nine months for me. He says if I can't, then he can't too. To make it easier for me. I'm becoming so dependent to him, and I don't know if that's good or not.

"You treat me so much like a princess, jagi."

He smiled, "When I married you, I made a promise to myself that I'll treat you like how uncle treated you. You were his princess, and now, you're my queen."

I'm so lucky to have him. I can't imagine myself living without Kai.

 

That afternoon, we went to the mall and did a little shopping.

While we were walking around, Kai spotted a marshmallow pillow. It was white and it looked like the marshmallows used for campfires, except that it had a face, a very cute face in particular.

He dragged me to the store like a child and immediately grabbed the pillow.

"Isn't this a marshmallow?" He grinned.

"Isn't it obvious?" I retorted.

He pinched my cheek,"Let's start fixing the baby's room." He said.

"What? It's too early, jagiya."

"What's wrong with being early? I'm taking this." He said and took me to the counter.

"Well then. If that's what you want.. Let's do it slowly, hm?"

He nodded as he took his card out of his wallet and gave it to the cashier lady.

 

We went out to shop for us, but realized that we didn't really shop for us, when I saw the backseat filled with bags of children's things.

Toys and all that.

We don't even know the baby's gender, but we ended up buying tons of things.

Oh, Kai.

~~

A tiny update, it's as tiny as Krystal and Kai's marshamallow.

Aren't you guys getting bored of this story? Cause I am. kkk~

Leave me comments, hmm?

xoxo,

asdfghjkldoll