Twenty Five

6162160

"Instead of having lots of cubicles, why don't we have a huge table at the center, then computers at the corners?" Sehun suggested, drawing.

We were in a tent infront of a run-down building, planning.

"So, there'll be no private offices?" An architect from our firm asked.

"Well we can provide a meeting room, and that's it." I said, supporting Sehun's wonderful suggestion.

"I also agree with Sehun's idea. This place is a bit small for a firm, and I think getting a huge table, will maximize the space." Sulli said.

I was flipping through a furniture catalogue while they discussed how to design the 2-story building.

"I'm thinking of going in a different way from our main office. What do you think, Sul? Our main office is a bit sophisticated, can't we make a colorful one, this time?"

I showed her the page with chairs in different colors and shapes.

"That's nice too!" She said, as we both flipped through the pages.

The sun was setting when the architects finished their work. But Sehun stayed with us, cause we only brought my car here.

It was dark and snowing when we called it a day.

Kai called me, saying he's picking me up. It's snowing hard and we're outside Seoul, so I refused. It's going to be hard for him, besides I'm with Sulli and Sehun.

"Wait for me at home, okay?" I told the other line.

 

"Noona, I'll drive. Keys?"

I gave him the keys and helped Sulli pack up.

It was snowing harder, luckily we're already driving our way home.

"It's a blizzard out there." Sulli said, looking out the windows from the back seat.

It really was a blizzard. Sehun was driving slowly, but I can feel him having a hard time with the gear.

"Careful Sehun, it's slippery." I said, holding on to my seatbelt.

Sehun nodded, focused on the road.

 

We were laughing at Sulli's story about the obnoxious old man she met while buying coffee awhile ago, when we heard a loud blow of horn.

I turned, only to see a blinding flash of light and Sehun was struggling on the wheels.

Knowing what was coming, I held my stomach and closed my eyes.

The next thing I knew, I was sitting there beside Sehun who was unconscious. I turned to look at Sul, and she was moving.

Smoke was everywhere, and that's when I realized my forehead was wet, I touched it, and it was blood.

And it was not the only place I've got blood on.

I looked down my stomach to my thighs.

"No! No! JAGIYA!" I screamed. "JAGIYA!"

Liquid was rolling down my face, and I couldn't identify if it's blood or tears.

Just then, the door opened. And I was out.

 

"Jagi.." I muttered, when my sight was filled with light.

"Darling? No, no. It's mom."

I heard mom's faint voice. Blinking slowly, everything's turning clear.

"Darling!" It was really mom, crying.

"Umma."

"Darling!" She hugged me.

It came back to me. "Umma, how's my baby?"

It felt like everything went in slow motion. I was waiting for her answer and it felt like a million years.

She cupped my face and shook her head. "Honey.." She said, showering me with kisses.

"Umma?"

"I'm sorry sweetie.."

Those words used to comfort me, but now it broke my heart into pieces.

"NO.NO." Crying, I repeated.

"Shh.. It's going to be alright, honey.." She said, hugging me tightly.

How is it going to be alright?

The room's door opened, and Kai came in.

His eyes were different, the glow that always pulls me to him is gone. He walked slowly to me.

Mom made way for him.

"Why?" He asked, standing lazily infront of me. I reached for him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry jagi. I'm sorry." I was holding him tightly, but he didn't even lift a finger to hold me.

"Jagi.. I'm sorry." I was crying uncontrollably right before him, but he just stood there, looking at me.