Three

6162160

 

After a long day of activities under the sun, we finally get to rest.

Kai and I already set up our tent before we took a bath and change into our tracksuit.

“Kai-ah! We’re playing games around the camp fire, come and joins us!” Someone who probably bullied me before called out.

“No, it’s okay.” He said.

He carried two foldable chairs while I have two banana milks in my hand.

We walked a bit, far from the group of people.

“Is this spot okay?” He asked, stopping.

I looked up, this spot is not bad. It gives us a good view of the full moon above us.

“I guess..” I said.

He fixed the two chairs and we sat, I handed him one of the bottles.

“You remember the first time we went out to see the full moon?”

“Of course.” I said.

If it wasn’t for our science class that day, we wouldn’t know the different types of moons. And we wouldn’t be too

curious of it.

So we came out to watch and see if there’s a crescent, half or full moon.

Out of all those types, we loved the (or I loved) the full moon the most.

It serves as the sun at night. It lights our world, not as much as the sun does, though.

And what fascinates me more is that the moon’s nice light is only borrowed from the sun.

The moon won’t shine without the sun.

And somehow, (just somehow) the moon reminds me of myself, while the sun reminds me of Kai.

Like the moon, I’ll probably be abandoned in the dark without the sun.

I would probably cry and be bullied.

But since the popular and almighty Kai is with me, he lends me some of his light. Thus, making me shine a little.

“Do you like it as much as I do?” I asked.

“How much do you like it?”

“This much!” I spread my arms out.

“Well, I like it this much too!” He said, copying my hand gesture.

“Tch. You don’t like it, do you?” I asked, believing he is only forced into doing this every month.

“I like it okay? We get to talk.. and be honest under the full moon..”

“Be honest?”

“I don’t know.. It’s just that.. sometimes, when I can’t bring myself to say something, the full moon’s light always makes me brave and let it all out..”

“Like right now?”

“You can say that..” He said. “Since I said that, don’t you have anything to say?”

“Hmm.. nothing.” I said.

“Really? You won’t even tell me why your heart runs wild like it did earlier?” 

“I don’t even know why myself.” I said. My voice with sarcasm.

“Oh dear Sujeong.” He said, imitating my mom’s sweet voice.

“Yah yah. Umma’s voice is way sweeter.”

That night went as usual. Enjoying the comforting glow of the moon, Kai fell asleep on my shoulder.

Thump thump thump