Twenty

6162160

I don’t know if a genie heard me wishing Kai and I would cook together often, but Kai often helps me in cooking now. And with his help, we became more independent from mom’s cooking. Now, the food that we cooked, tastes better than the ones I made alone.

Kai stood beside the kitchen counter, holding a camera and filming me.

I have no idea what's gotten into him. He just started filming us and the house.

"Jagi!" He called, still filming me.

"Stop filming!" I said.

"Why? It's cute! We have to show our kid this! Say hi!" He poked me, looking through the camera's screen.

"Hi baby! Daddy's being really childish!" I chuckled, mixing the pasta we cooked minutes ago.

I took a spoonful and gave it to Kai, "Try it!"

He stood beside me, filming us both when I fed him.

"Wooaah! Marshmallow, daddy and mommy are great cooks!" He said, giving me a peck after.

For a moment, he stopped filming when we ate and did the dishes.

After eating, we cleaned the house, with Kai still filming it.

I went to our room to get the laundry basket, and as expected Kai's dirty clothes are on the floor.

"JAGIYA!" I screamed, calling him.

He came running, with the camera still in his hands. "What happened?" He asked.

"I told you to shoot your dirty clothes IN the basket!" I said, partly annoyed.

This is not the first or the second nor the third time, I saw his dirty clothes on the floor, just beside the basket.

"Just a few more inches, jagi. Can't you do that?!" I said, picking up his clothes and putting it in the basket.

"I'm sorry jagi, but you look cute like that!" He chuckled.

I sighed, "So you're purposely going to do this to see me annoyed?!"

He nodded," Yeah. Marshamallow, you see mommy turn from a sweetie to a cutie?" He laughed, holding my hand and filming me.

I cannot help but laugh. Kai is just too much.

We end up chuckling for no apparent reason infront of the camera.

"Let me take that basket to the laundry." he took the basket from me.

In exchange, I took the camera from him and filmed him from behind while he walked to the laundry.

"Look marshmallow, daddy's doing the laundry!" I said, mocking Kai.

"Daddies should do the laundry too!" I watched him put the clothes in the machine.

"Thank you, jagi!" I said, focusing on him while I sat on the laundry floor.

That's when a fat spider appeared from nowhere, crawling on my thigh.

As an instinct, I dropped the camera and screamed, running.

Kai ran to me.

"Spider! Get it off me!" I screamed, jumping around.

"Stay still!" He said.

"Jagi! Get it off!"

"I'm getting it off, stay still! Or it's going to bite you!"

Horrified, I screamed and shut my eyes.

"Get it offff meee!"

With one last touch from Kai's hand, the furry thing is gone.

"It's gone, jagi!" He was smiling, "You really really freak out with spiders!"

"I hate spiders, we need to do some cleaning in here too." I said, keeping my cool.

He went to pick up the camera.

Turning it off, he turned to me.

"I'll clean here, just go and rest."

He pushed me out and into our room.

"Let me help you!" I said, but he ignored it, pushing me to sit on the bed.

"I read somewhere you shouldn't get too tired. You've done enough for the day. Sleep, marshmallow and mommy need it."

"No. I'm not tired. Let me do the laundry atleast." I said, but he shook his head.

"Just go and rest. Or read a book for marshmallow. I heard marshmallows can recognize their parents' voice." He said, fishing out his phone from his pocket.

"What?" I chuckled, "From what book do you get these stuff?"

Scrolling through his phone briefly, he showed me the screen.

I was hoping to see a 'soon-to-be-dad' book or anything like that, but it wasn't close to that. It was a story of a duck and things like that.

"Read this while I do the laundry." He gave it to me and smiled before kissing me and leaving.

I looked at his phone. It wasn't just a tab opened from the internet, it was downloaded, an ebook of children's story.

Chuckling, I leaned on the headboard and read the story aloud.

I placed my hand on my tummy, hoping to feel even a tiny movement. But marshmallow's too young for that.

 

Falling asleep for a good hour, I woke up to the smell of something cooking and my stomach tying in a knot.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up on the sink.

I smell curry, and it stinks so much that my stomach's twirling inside.

I covered my nose and went to the kitchen, only to find mom cooking.

"Umma!" I hugged her.

"Had a nice nap?" She asked, stirring the curry.

I covered my nose and almost threw up again.

Mom was frantic, and asked me what's wrong. I shrugged.

"I don't like that smell. It makes me throw up." I said running to the windows, and opening it.

"Aigoo. I'm sorry, honey. But I thought you'll like it. You used to like it, though." She said, helping me on the windows.

It's true. I like curry very very much. I like it as much as I like hazelnut and banana. But again, I'm going through a phase wherein everything I love becomes what I hate.

Mom sighing, ran a hand on my back saying it's alright because I'm pregnant.

Chuckling, she walked back to the kitchen. "What do you want to eat, then?"

"Steamed veggies?" I said, unsure. Well, I don't really like veggies especially if they're bland. But who knows? I might like it for the next nine months.

Sitting on the couch, I asked mom, "What brought you here, umma? Why didn't you call me?"

"I felt that you were hungry." She giggled, "I called you but got no answer so I called Kai."

When I heard his name, I suddenly remembered him and asked where he is. Mom sent him to the supermarket to buy fruits. I laughed a little, when I heard that. She has always been a fan of healthy food. Appa often called her a nutrionist, cause she considers a lot in just making dinner. Mom loves cooking food, good and healthy foods specifically.

Mom gave me a little lesson about what I should eat and what I shouldn’t. I took note of everything she said, but I lost concentration when I heard her say sashimi or raw fish. Dazed, I stared at her. I cannot eat sashimi. I’ve been eating it all my life, and now I can’t eat it? I was hoping mom was kidding, but she wasn’t.

“Honey, I’m serious. Eating raw food, is no better than drinking alcohol or smoking.”

“Ummmaaa!”  I whined.

“Aigoo this princess. Just for nine months, darling.”

Just then, I heard our door beep and Kai came in carrying bags of groceries. Mom got some and led him to the kitchen. Kai smiled before following her.

I didn’t dare to follow them there, thinking the smell of curry still lingers.

“Slept well?” He asks as he sat next to me, a soda in his hand.

I draped my legs over his, nodding. “Did you finish the laundry?” I said, smiling.

I began telling him what mom told me. And the sashimi thing, bothered him the most.  Like mom, he knew how much I love sashimi and sushi. But we cannot do anything, that’s that.

 

It was after dinner when mom bid me goodbye. Kai offered to take her home, but she refused. We tried to convince her, but she insists that Kai should stay with me here. So we ended up letting her go home alone.

 

Pulling the blanket over us, Kai kissed me goodnight.

"We're going to the doctor tomorrow, hmm?" I reminded him.

He nodded and pulled me to a hug.

"I love you," he whispered.

≈≈≈≈

If there's any error up there, please ignore it for now. I haven't even read this chapter after writing it. -_-

 xoxo

asdfghjkldoll