Twenty Two

6162160

Severe stomach cramps were often on my ninth week. It was unusual, and scary, that I decided to visit Sul's aunt earlier than the scheduled date.

I drove my way there, alone.

I came in nervous, and clutching but Sul's aunt flashed me a smile, "What brought you here, Mrs. Kim? We're not supposed to meet till next week."

After my seventh week check-up, it was decided that I should see her every three weeks.  So it's a given that she'll be a little surprised and of course, worried.

We talked about the stomach cramps I've been feeling.

And after hearing that, she immediately demanded I have an ultrasound right away.

Ultrasound.

The thought of Kai flashed to mind.

He wanted to do the first ultrasound together. He said it's an important step, he should be there when we first see marshmallow.

"Can't we do it tomorrow, maybe?"

Sul's aunt shook her head, "We need to find out right away if there's anything."

She pulled the curtain, and it revealed a reclining bed and a monitor beside it.

She called me, motioning for me to sit.

Putting down my bag, I sat on the bed then laid.

Lifting my shirt, I watched her put a gel-like substance on my tummy.

She then, the monitor and got a massager-like thing connected to the machine and ran it on my stomach, spreading the gel.

I glued my eyes on the monitor, but I can't even see anything. But the doctor looks like she's getting the picture.

She then explained to me what's in the monitor. Pointing out the outline of the small fetus inside.

After cleaning up, we head back to her desk where she told me what's what.

The fetus isn't healthy.

You have to be careful, and avoid stress.

Take a day off and relax.

 

I couldn't think straight when I drove back to work. It was only a few weeks ago that the baby is healthy. Did I stress myself too much?

Sulli must've noticed that I was spacing out, so she came over my desk asking, "Unnie, are you okay?"

"Not really. You want to have coffee, downstairs?" I asked.

"Uh sure, let me invite Sehun."

"No, Sul, uhm. We can go without him." I stood up and took my phone and card with me.

 

"What?!" She exclaimed as I told her what happened.

"One wrong move and I could lose the baby." I said and sighed burying my face in my hands.

She moved next to me and hugged me, "Aunt told you not to stress yourself, right? You could rest, take a leave. In that way, nothing will happen to the baby. Don't worry too much, you will be fine."

Looking at me, she smiled and said, "I'm going to take care of your work. We can live a few days or weeks without the head designer."

"You should probably go home now, unnie. I'll drop by later."

"Thanks." I said.

 

The next morning, after eating breakfast, Kai went on with his daily routine. I watched him choose his clothes, "Help me out?"

I smiled and got out of bed, walking to his closet.

"Today's practice day, no corporate stuff, right?"

He nodded, I searched through his closet and got him a shirt and shorts.

"Bring a hoodie with you, hmm? I think it's snowing soon." I took out a hoodie and gave it to him.

While he was dressing up, I chose his socks and shoes and brought it to him.

"That should be fine." I said, looking at him.

"What time is it? Aren't you going to work?"

"I'm taking a week off, maybe."

"A week off? Why?" He walked to me.

"The doctor said I need rest." I said, fixing his hair.

"Is there something wrong? Are you sick anywhere? Marshmallow?"

"No, no." I shook my head, "Everything's fine, I just need rest."

"You sure?" I nodded.

I chose not to tell him, I don't like him worrying.

I walked him to the door and gave him a kiss.

"Be home early." I said, before closing the door.

 

I turned around and looked at the house, there's nothing to do.

Walking back to our room, I passed by the baby's room and got an idea.

I took my sketchbook and pencil and looked around the room.

It's got a lot of toys and stuff already.

After taking a good look at the room, I sat on a corner and began drawing.

I touched the floor, it's wood. We should put a carpet here or a play mat. And the corners too, we should cover it up with rubber.

 

I felt a little dizzy, then I felt another cramp.

It was painful but more tolerable than the last one.

I walked my way to our room, holding on the wall for support and gently laid on the bed.

--

Ayo whaddup lovelies! I am busy doing my advertising report, but my hands are itching to update this story. So here I am, stopping my oh-so-precious report to update my oh-so-precious story. Some of you guys are waiting for the angst stuff, don't worry, it's coming. Can you feel it? It's very predictable, right? I'm lame. lol =)

I hope you like it! And wish me luck with my report <3

xoxo,

asdfghjkldoll