Thirty One

6162160

It was so early in the morning and I doubt if the chicken restaurant can deliver fried chicken to me, but fortunately, they can, within 20 minutes.

It's a good thing I called first before taking a shower and dressing for work.

Quietly entering our room, I caught a glimpse of my sleeping husband. How nice and sweet he looks when he's asleep.

I tiptoed my way to the washroom, and took a bath.

I was relaxing in the tub, with my eyes closed when I heard our door beep. I bolted up and wrapped myself in a bathrobe and ran to the door. I sighed in relief, when I found Kai still sleeping soundly.

I went to the main door, and took the delivery and paid. I put the box on the kitchen counter before finishing my bath.

When I did, I stood infront of my closet and chose clothes for me and for Kai.

Completely dressed, I hung Kai's clothes for work on the closet handle. I took out a blue post it and wrote a message for him, then pasted it on the shirt.

Bringing my bag and phone with me, I went to the kitchen and prepared his breakfast, chicken. Before leaving, I grabbed a bottle of yogurt and head off to work.

 

"Looking good, unnie!" Sulli commented as I sat down my desk.

I smiled, "You too, Sul."

I looked at the pictures given to me by my staff. Our new office is under construction.

For some reasons, I couldn't go back there yet. I can only look at the pictures of its progress. I thanked my staff and opened my desk's drawer.

I was surprised to see the very first ultrasound I had. I flipped it, revealing my writing.

"The pain will last forever, and nothing will ever make it go away. No, not even lessen it."

I took a pen, and wrote "It will be better. Hang on, Soojung."

I'm starting from zero.

 

On my lunch break, I strolled the streets of Seoul until I reached his coffee shop.

I entered, and the staffs instantly greeted me.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Kim!"

I smiled and nodded, I headed to the counter, "How are you, Mrs. Kim? It's been a long time."

"Yeah, it is. I'm gradually going back to normal." I smiled.

Looking through the cards, chocolates, and candies in the counter, I took out a box of Kai's favorite gummies (containing a letter from me) and placed it there.

"Surprising sir?" He smiled.

I put a finger on my lips, saying it's a secret. He nodded, "I'll zip it."

"He drops by often, right?"

"Yeah. More often than usual."

"You think he's going to go through this candies?"

"Maybe. But if he doesn't, I'll secretly make him." He smiled.

"Thanks. I'll be on my way now."

"Don't you want a cup of your fave, Mrs. Kim?"

I looked at my watch. "Can you give me a cup within ten minutes?"

"Right away, Ma'am!"

I sat on the far corner of the shop, secluding myself away from all the customers.

I took out my earpods and let myself drown in the music.

I didn't notice him coming in.

I didn't hear the staff yelling and greeting him.

I didn't know he was walking towards me.

He stood infront me.

I looked up to see the shoes' owner (which I knew very well), "K-kai." I took off my earpods.

"What are you doing here?"

He wasn't wearing the clothes I prepared for him. My mood went down a little.

"Getting coffee, of course." I said.

"You went all the way here, while there's a cafe down your office?"

"Yeah." I stood up. "Did you have lunch? I hope you did." I went to the counter and asked if it's ready yet.

"Here you go, Ma'am!"

Smiling, I thanked him.

I walked back to where Kai remained standing and got my purse.

"See you at home, Kai!" I smiled slightly and went out, slurping my frappe.

 

In another coffee shop, I met my lawyer. I wasn't planning on filing a divorce, but I still met her, to further discuss things.

"I'm not filing it, just to make it clear." I said before I let her discuss it.

How the case goes, how our properties will be divided, she told me all about it.

"Divorce cannot be undone, Mrs. Kim."

I nodded, thanking her.

"I'll call you soon, maybe?"

•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•

Just a few more chaps,and it's done!

thank you so much lovelies <3

xoxo

asdfghjkldoll