Thirteen

6162160

The three of us sat around the table, in our firm’s pantry.

It was quiet while we ate, when Sulli decided to break the deafening silence.

“Sehun-ah! Do you want to go to a blind date?”

Sehun almost choked with Sulli’s sudden question.

“You need to get a life out of the office, you know.” Sulli said.

I chuckled, handing Sehun a bottle of cider.

“Sul, you really like pairing people up, don’t you?” I said.

“Of course! And now that you are getting married, I’m confident more than ever. Don’t you think I should start a matchmaking agency? I feel like a cupid.”

Sehun and I laughed at Sulli’s silliness.

“I think your mom mispelled your name when you were born, noona.” Sehun said.

“Shouldn’t it be Silli?” Sehun and I cracked up, clapping our hands like seals.

“Yah.” Sulli pouted. “It’s that funny?” She smiled.

This girl is really silly.

“Let me clean up now,” I said, standing up and gathering the dirty plates.

“Are you going out right now?” Sulli asked.

“Yeah, I’m visiting dad.”

“With Dongin-ah?” She asked.

“Oh.” I answered.

Sehun stood up and helped me with the dishes.

“I can do this, noona.” He smiled.

“Oh really?” I smiled.

Sehun and I acted normal, like nothing happened that night.

But he still says he’ll take me back if Dongin makes me cry.

“Krystal-sunbaenim, Mr. Kim is here.” A junior called me, and behind her was Kai.

“Oh you’re here.” I said, walking to him.

He pecked my cheek, and said hi to Sulli and Sehun.

“Oh Donginah!” Sulli exclaimed, patting Kai’s shoulder.

“You seriously should stop calling me Dongin, if you want your brother to dance.” Kai said smiling.

“Don’t be like that, make my brother a dancer, Dongin-ah!” We all laughed, even Sehun.

“Silli’s going to tease you all day if we don’t get going.” I said.

“That’s right!” Sulli laughed.

“Then let’s get going before I decide to kick her brother out.” Kai joked.

“Alright, we’re going!” I bid them goodbye and went out with Kai.

 

Let’s buy flowers first.” I said before getting inside the car.

“I already bought some.” He said, pointing the backseat.

“Oh, thank you oppa!” I said happily.

He smiled and drove.

“The wedding planner called me this morning, by the way.” He said.

“What did she say? Any problems?”

“No, it’s going smoothly, she just made sure we’re catching up. And she reminded me about the vows. We need to write it already.”

“Oh yeah, the vows..” I said, “I seriously don’t have any idea on writing those.”

“Then why did you say you wanted to write it?” He chuckled, “It’s okay, we can tell her we won’t write it.”

“But I want to write it. I’ll only get married once, and I want that vow to be so sweet and romantic. And only the two of us can make it like that.” I looked at him, driving.

He nods, “Then we’ll have to figure it out, together.” He smiled, glancing at me.

 

 

I got pretty emotional when I saw dad's picture. It's been years but I still haven't accepted it completely. Being the crybaby that I am, I couldn't stop my tears from falling when I placed the flowers Kai bought for him. I sat down on my knees and hung my head low, not wanting Kai to see me like this.

Appa, I'm marrying Kai. I'm going to walk down the aisle in a few weeks, I'll have to do it with umma, don't I?

 

As a child, I did not dream of getting married. I think I was a bit different from girls my age. They dream of fairytales, where they are the princess marrying their prince and live happily ever after. But I didn't. I'm already  my umma and appa's princess, that's enough for me. Plus, I don't believe in happily ever after. But as I grew older, I started to realize those things. I started believing in happily ever after since it's Kai. And now, I'm dreaming of my king walking me down the aisle when I get married to my prince.

Appa, why'd you have to leave so early?

 

I was so immersed in thinking, I did not feel Kai wipe my tears away.

He kissed my forehead saying, "It's going to be okay, Soojung. Uncle probably is happy to see us get married. Don't cry, huh?" Then pulled me into his arms.

 

After dinner, Kai took me home. I felt shy and sorry for crying like that. But he kissed me goodnight, saying it wasn't new to him and it was okay. "If you cry, I just have to kiss your tears away." he added.

 

"Umma, I'm home!" I said as I took off my shoes and changed into pink slippers which looked exactly like mom's slippers.

"Oh hello honey." She said sitting on the couch and turning to me. "I assume you ate dinner already?"

I sat beside her, "Yes, I did.." I said, laying down the couch with my head on mom's lap.

"Umma," I looked at her as she my hair, "What do you think of moving in with us?" I said.

She gave me a faint smile, "Honey, that's not very nice for your husband."

"But Kai suggested it.. I don't want you living alone and I don't think I'll live well apart from you." I said, trying to convince her.

"No, darling. I'm okay leaving alone. Of course you are going to live well even without me. Besides, it's hard to live with inlaws."

I sighed, not saying a word.

"You need to stand up in your own feet, dear." She smiled, "You'll start your own family soon, but umma's going to guide you all the way."

"Are you sure you're okay alone?"

"Mm.. When your dad passed away, I figured out I have to prepare myself living without you, so I did. Turns out, you're leaving me earlier than I've expected." She chuckled.

I smiled, adoring her. I'm wishing I could be like her. She's so strong yet so sweet. She's been through a lot but she still managed to look good.

 "I love you, umma." I hugged her waist.

"I love you too, sweetie."

 

~~

I'm planning to finish this story early.

No. I am not going to shorten or cut some parts and no shortcuts or changes on the original plot, I will just simply update long long chappies or update every other day.

Why?

Because I don't think I can update when my professors start giving exams and homeworks and all that. I think it's better to do it while I can, while I have time.

So that's it.

Don't forget to hit that subscribe button up there, or even the upvote arrow. lol

And comments too, I love em! But I don't think I can reply to each and every comment starting now.. but I'll try my hardest.

Thaaank youuuu honeys (possessed by Krystal's mom again)

xoxo

asdfghjkldoll