Thirty Eight

6162160

Now that I am Sixty:

When I got married to my first love, I thought I had it all. But, but sometimes, destiny plays with us. You think you've got it all and you're ready to spend forever with him, then the next second, your whole world is falling a part and your heart is breaking into tiny pieces.

"You never end up with your first love. And no, not your bestfriend." People used to say. At one point, I believed in that.

Sitting on the rocking chair in the porch, I held my diary in my hand. He sat on the chair beside me, admiring the sunny weather and the cool wind. We've got a perfect view here, thanks to my daughter.

I closed my diary, which brought back my past, and I looked at him.

His hair is starting to whiten, and his skin is wrinkling a bit, he did grow old, but of course, I look older than him, I'm his senior afterall.

While I fly to my own world with my diary, he flies to his own with his sketchbook. Designers and architects, can't really stop drawing, even if they retire. Doing it for so long, it's in our blood already.

Noticing I was looking at him, he turned to me and smiled.

I chose the right thing, didn't I?

 

"Umma!" My daughter yelled from the door, interrupting the quiet atmosphere,"Appa's here!a" 

I smiled, when I saw him walking, hand in hand with our granddaughter. He had picked up the little girl from school.

"Grandmaaa!" The little girl yells, running to me. I spread out my arms and took her.

"I missed you sweetie!" I said.

"Me too, grandma!" She showered me with kisses.

Seeing him smiling with Sehun, I took a deep breath. Who would've thought our complicated issues will end like this?

"Oh! Handsome uncle!" The little girl exclaimed, seeing Sehun.

"Hello there, princess." Sehun says, smiling.

"Happy Birthday handsome uncle!" She says, hugging Sehun too.

I didn't notice he was standing infront of me, smiling, "With your diary again, jagi?"

Tapping the chair beside me, "You know I have nothing to do."

As he sat beside me, I handed him a glass of lemonade and rubbed his back.

Yes, I did the right thing.

I chose to smile and cry with Kai. It took us some time to finally put things back to its place and go on. We lived for a few more years, focused on making our relationship grow. When we were sure enough, we mustered the courage and faced my fear, managing to have another baby, successfully.

As for Sehun, he chose to grow old, alone. He didn't try and see the surprises life has for him. Somehow, I blame myself a little for his decisions. He's tired of rejection. I know he's scared to be rejected again, so he chose this. To make up for what I've done to him, I always invite him to come over. Fortunately, Kai forgave him, and they eventually became friends. My daughter grew, somewhat believing that Sehun is my brother. He calls Sehun 'uncle', like how my granddaughter calls him now. Now that I think of it, Sehun has become a family member to us.

 

The sun has set and the little party my daughter prepared for Sehun is over. We've said our goodbyes minutes ago, now the house is quiet again.

Two cups of coffee in my hand, I went out the porch where Kai was sitting going through the pictures awhile ago.

"It was fun, wasn't it?" I asked, sitting beside him.

He nodded, "It was."

I sipped my coffee and looked up.

"We've been doing this for years now, jagi." I said, admiring the moon's comforting glow.

"And we'll continue doing this until we can no longer walk." He smiled.

I've spent forty-nine years with him, not counting the years I spent in London. And sure enough, we'll spend more years together.

Leaning my head against his shoulder, "I'll love you endlessly." I whispered.

"As endless as forever?" He asked.

"As endless as forever."

•¤•¤•¤•

Yay! It's done!

First things, first. I'd like to thank all of you for supporting my works. I'm not good, but you guys still read my writing! I really owe you guys. I've encountered some people criticizing my works BIGTIME, it makes me give up, but seeing your support, I stand up once again and do what I love. So thank you! You're helping me with step 1 in achieving my goal. Kkk~

 

Next, make sure you leave me comments, if you've read my works, I'm very sure you know I'm a comment-. HAHA! I looovee hearing from you guys! And votes too, I like it a lot! :))

 

Another one, my first year anniversary in AFF is just around the corner, and I'm thinking of doing something to thank you all sweeties. Can you suggest anything? Cause I've seen some author do some special things for their anniv like doing special chapters, posting their selcas(nope, I'm not doing that) or taking requests from readers, etc.) So comment it down, if you have anything in mind. =))

 

Another thing, let's all be friends. Kkk~ Ask me on ask, message me\add me on aff! Also follow me on twitter and instagram. Kkk~ kidding =))

 

And lastly, to those of you wondering what's next, well, I have another story featuring Chanyeol, but I don't think I'll be writing it soon. I'm thinking of going on a short hiatus.

So yeah, that's all. Thanksssss, hearteu hearteu <3 <3

xoxo,

asdfghjkldoll