Thirty

6162160

When I got home, Kai was in the couch, playing video games.

Without a word, I passed by him and went straight into the kitchen. I put everything mom gave me in the fridge.

Then I washed up quickly. I took out a pair of pajamas, then realized it was one of the couple pajamas we have. I was hesitant to wear it, so I put it back and took out another one, which Kai didn't have.

Using the hair dryer, I dried my hair and tied it before going to bed and pulling the blanket over me.

Trying to sleep, I counted the stars in our night lamp.

I heard the door, and the bed shifted.

Kai pulled the blanket a little bit over him, so I pulled it to my side. He did it again, and for a few seconds we tugged the blanket on our sides, fighting.

Sitting up, "YA!" I said.

He turned and looked at me, pulling the blanket to his side.

"I bought this blanket so it's mine." I pulled it completely.

He sat up and stared at me. "Since you bought this bed, I should get off too, right?"

Standing up, he got a pillow, "No wait. You bought this too."

I looked at him as he got out of our room.

Pulling the blanket over me, I closed my eyes. But I can't seem to sleep.

 

The next morning I decided to do my laundry after eating my breakfast.

After doing the first batch, I passed by the kitchen, and Kai was there. He was taking out tupperwares and bottles of my tea.

I went to him.

"This is my fridge, get these things off." He said, pertaining to the food I brought yesterday and my teas and yogurts.

Gritting my teeth, I went to the toolbox under the sink and took out a tape.

"Since WE bought this house, let's divide it fairly." I said, dividing the kitchen in half with the white tape.

I heard him chuckle, "Go on, do that."

He followed every step I take. "No. I bought that tv. That's mine. Hands off." He said.

Without thinking, I foolishly divided everything. Except the washroom.

We stood there, glaring at each other.

 

Like what I promised Sulli, I tried to fight for myself, but I guess I did it the wrong way. After dividing the things, we ended up as usual. Shouting at each other.

"I'm calling my lawyer!" I screamed before running out the house.

I wasn't kidding when I said that, although I wasn't in my right mind. I called my lawyer, and set an appointment.

I can't go back to our house right now, nor can I go to mom's house. There's only Sulli's place. I took a cab there, and asked Sulli to pay for it for the mean time.

"What happened?!" She asked, dragging me inside her apartment.

"I'm getting a divorce."

"What? What? No!" She held my shoulders, "Are you crazy?!"

"I'm meeting my lawyer. I can't do this anymore."

"Unnie! You can't do that! It's not the right thing to do!"

"I'm so tired, Sul."

"No unnie. Don't make decisions when you're not thinking straight! Get a hold of yourself!"

She pushed me down to sit, then began talking. Telling me I shouldn't decide carelessly. She talked and talked, until I slowly came back to my senses.

"Now. You're going back there, and make Kai come to his senses. Understand him, and treat him right."

"Shouldn't he do that to me?"

"Sacrifice for a bit unnie. Let go of your pride. Nothing's going to happen if you both give up. Atleast hold on. But remember to fight for yourself too."

Love is sacrifice.

Sulli took me home, repeating her words before I get off.

As soon as I stepped in the house, I removed the tapes on the floor. While doing so, Kai stood there watching me.

"I'm sorry." I said, still pulling the tape off the floor.

"Have you eaten? Mom cooked, so eat. It's a lot better than mine." I tried to smile.

I went to the kitchen and prepared food.

This time, he came automatically.

We ate together, and as usual, it was quiet.

Kai must've starved, he's eating a lot.

"I'll do the dishes." I said as he finished.

He stood up and left me.

I sighed. It's going to be better.

Done with the dishes, I continued with the laundry, including Kai's clothes.

When I went out of the laundry room, Kai was sitting on the couch, playing video games.

"Ja-, Kai." It feels heavy for me to call him jagi.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I'm not calling my lawyer. I wasn't thinking straight." I stood behind the couch.

He did not answer, but I did hear him make a sound.

It looks like it'll take plenty of time for me to bring my jagi back.