Twenty Three

6162160

Sulli together with Sehun, dropped by in my house. It's been five days since I left work, and these two claim that they miss me a lot.

"These organic snacks are really nice, where'd you get them?" I asked, examining the packaging as I ate.

"The store's near my house, it opened just a few days ago. I figured out, this might be good for you." Sehun answered as they ate their unhealthy snacks.

"Don't you miss these kind of food?" Sulli asked as she took a handful of cheetos.

"I don't. These snacks are way better." I said, trying hard not to sound fake.

I really miss those food. But I can't. It's unhealthy. No. No.

In the middle of our conversation, I felt a familiar twirl in my stomach that always sends me running to the sink.

"What happened?" They asked in unison as I ran to the washroom with my hand covering my mouth.

"Unnie? Are you okay?" Sulli asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah. Just a minute." I said.

After throwing up a lot, I cleaned myself and went back to our living room.

"What happened?" Sulli asked.

"Are you alright?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sat down the couch. "It's perfectly normal to throw up right now." I said, smiling.

"Really?" They asked.

"Yeah, I'm almost on my tenth week. It's normal."

"Now that you mentioned it, your baby bump is kind of showing already." Sulli said, staring on my belly.

"Oh is it?" I flattened my shirt, and yeah. My stomach is a bit bigger than before.

"Your skin's stretching already. Just imagine all the stretch marks you'll get!" Sulli exclaimed, laughing.

"I can't wait till this noona gets pregnant and gets lots of marks too." Sehun said, taunting Sulli.

"Too bad, I'm not getting pregnant." She retorted.

"Oh really?" Sehun and I asked, in perfect unison.

Sulli made a face that made us laugh.

"Hold on, it's almost six. I'm going to prepare dinner. Eat dinner here, huh?" I said, walking to the kitchen.

"Prepare? Are you reheating aunt's cooking?" Sulli yelled from the living room.

I chuckled, "Yes I am."

"Need any help?" Sehun asked, standing beside the counter.

"No, it's alright." I smiled as I took out plates.

"I can set the table. We might be a burden." He joked.

"Fine. You can set the table." I said, chuckling, then walking to the stove.

"How are you doing without me?" I asked, flipping the fish.

"Better than ever." He laughed, "We're doing good. Doing extra tasks."

"I'm really sorry."

"No need. Just hurry up and pop the baby out!" He said, setting the glasses.

"If only I could." I said.

Just then, Sulli popped out from the living room. "What am I missing?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said, "Help Sehun with the table, Sul."

"Yes, unnie!" She said.

The door beeped, I looked at the clock, it's about time Kai arrives.

"Jagi, I'm home." I heard him say.

I put down the laddle and excused myself from the two.

"Do we have guests?" Kai asked as he kissed me.

"Yeah, Sul and Sehun. Dinner's almost ready, go and put your things in our room." He nodded and disappeared into the hallway leading to the rooms.

"The table's all set." Sehun said.

"Kim Dongin's home?" Sulli asked.

"Yeah." I said as I scooped rice. "Go and sit, so we can eat."

"So that's why my living room's a mess. You guys are here." Kai said, sitting.

"Sorry, Dongin-ah!"

Dinner was noisy and fun. We have four people, talking.

Our usual dinner is fun too, it's just that it's a little quiet.

After eating, Kai made coffee and we hung out for a little bit in our veranda.

"You actually found a very good place." Sehun commented, sipping his coffee.

"It was surprising it wasn't hard to get a place like this. Well, the building just opened when we found this." Kai said.

"Oh, so that's why."

"I'd love to get a place like this too." Sulli interrupted.

"Check if the room above ours is empty." I sipped my cold orange juice.

"Nope. Can't afford it yet." She said.

"Oh that's right, you got a new car."

"Can Sulli even drive?" Kai asked, sarcasm in his voice.

"Of course I can, Dongin!"

"We almost died when she drove me home last night." Sehun said.

"So you're driving now?" I asked.

"Yeah. To avoid damage. I brought my car and I'll drive her home."

"So that's why you insisted on using your car and driving!" Sulli said, almost spilling her coffee.

Sehun nodded, smiling.

"You're not going to die if I drive, you know." She joked.

Yawning, I chuckled at them.

"I'm going to do the dishes, so you just wash up and rest after they leave." Kai whispered.

"It's alright, jagi."

The two must've noticed us, and decided to let us rest. They finished their coffee, then bid us goodbye.

It's nice that Kai and Sehun gets along well, not really well, but just well.

To be very honest, there's a little friction between them. Not only can I feel it, but Kai had told me about it before. He said he was uncomfortable with Sehun being my work colleague, but nothing can be done. We're all professionals, and we know there's a boundary between personal and work matters. To make him feel at ease, I tried to minimize contacts with Sehun. Although it wasn't an easy thing to do. He is a great friend I met when I felt like an alien in London. So now, I'm glad Kai's trying to atleast make a nice conversation with him. He's like a brother to me, afterall.

 

"Jagi, can you see my baby bump? Sulli says she can, and I can see a little difference, can you?" I asked, as I touch my bare tummy, and change angles in front of the mirror.

Kai who came out from the washroom, stared at me. "Yeah, I think you're getting a beer belly, jagi." He said, drying his hair.

"Stupid." Smiling, I sat on the bed. "Am I getting fat?"

"Of course it's normal to get fat when you have a marshmallow."

"So I am getting fat!" I sighed. "I'll have all those stretch marks after marshmallow comes out. It'll be ugly and yucky. Don't stop loving me if I get ugly, huh?"

"Yah. You're beautiful no matter what. I'll never stop loving you. I'll love you endlessly." He sat and pushed me lightly to lay.

"As endless as forever?" I asked.

"Uh huh, as endless as forever. So stop thinking like that, hmm? Good night, jagi." He kissed me good night.