Chapter 8

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"FORGIVENESS IS A GIFT YOU GIVE YOURSELF." -TONY ROBBINS

 

DONGHAE POV

 

Even though I struggled many times due to spacing out, all thanks to Kyuhyun, dance rehearsals went well after three hours. Leeteuk hyung also came just so he can check what was going on and to discuss my new line of endorsements. Being with him for five years now, I can say that Leeteuk hyung knew me inside out. He has this ability to make me open up even the deepest secret I have including the story behind Lixu and our family. And so after discussing an offer of yet another clothing line, I shared to him the conversation I had with Kyuhyun. I didn’t go into details because believe it or not, I’m terrified on what judgment he will bestow upon me. That hyung of mine can really be blunt with his comments but he never told me those just so to be mean but rather to help me see things in different perspective.

 

It’s already past eight in the evening when we decided to call it a day. Since I have my car with me, I took the initiative to drive him home since he just took a cab to get into the CJE Headquarters. Before going home, I took a detour at Grill5 Taco to grab some take-out for myself, knowing too well that Lixu must’ve been caving inside his room and no one will prepare my dinner.

 

As I march my way to the front porch of the house I can already hear the voice of my brother – actually he’s laughing which is rare ever since he came back – and I’m sure he’s not alone inside.

 

‘IS KYUHYUN HERE?’

 

That’s not impossible because with the way he talked earlier I can say that he’s genuinely concern with Lixu if not in love with him. Kyuhyun is not a caring person in general but when it comes to my brother, he’s totally a different person.

 

I came in by the front door, walked into the living room and eventually to the dining area; voices still lingers throughout the house. The moment I step inside the kitchen I saw two figures sitting side by side, back facing me and with the way I see it they are actually having fun talking animatedly with each other. The first person is obviously Lixu and the other one is Hyukjae. They didn’t notice my presence giving all access to their conversation.

 

“Since we don’t have Saturday classes, you can join me and my friend Sungmin in our house. He’s like the coolest person ever and I’m sure you two will get along just fine.” Hyukjae said while toying with my brother’s pinky finger.

 

“Uhm… hyung—”

 

“—he will go on a date on Saturday so he can’t join you.” I interrupted the younger as I stagger my way towards the fridge to grab a pop.

 

“Oh hyung you’re here. Good evening,” Hyukjae immediately arouse from the tall kitchen stool and bowed while Lixu just awkwardly look at my way.

 

“How are you feeling, Hyuk?” I asked after gulping a good amount of the cold beverage.

 

“I’m a lot better now. Thank you for bringing me to the infirmary. Wookie said you carried me and I’m sure I’m not that light.” I don’t know if it’s just me or I saw him blush upon admitting that he’s not on the lighter side.

 

“It’s a form of indirect exercise, don’t you think?” I joked and shifted my eyes to Lixu who looks extremely uncomfortable.

 

“Kui Xian paid me a visit earlier and he told me you’re not in the mood to attend your classes. Is that true?” I asked.

 

He raise his head and nodded, “yes hyung,”

 

“I never thought you are that lazy, Lixu.” I pointed accursedly at him without even thinking that we actually have an audience right now.

 

“I’m not lazy hyung, I’m just… sorry… it’ll never happen again.” he ducked down his head, feeling embarrassed that I scolded him in front of his friend.

 

‘YOU DESERVE IT, MIDGET.’

 

“Good. Next time you think of being a lazy , think about the money I spend on your studies. I’m not working my damn out for you to waste it simply because you feel all dramatic about how I treated you. If you really can’t stand me just go and live with Kui Xian. He will be more than happy to have you.”

 

Having no face to excuse himself, he quickly stood up from the stool and run out of the kitchen. The moment I heard the loud slamming of the front door, I knew I went overboard.

 

“That was unnecessary for you to do, hyung.” Hyukjae said, looking disappointedly at me.

 

“It’s the right thing to do, Hyuk.” I nonchalantly answered as I finish up the remaining soda in one go.

 

“Haven’t you realized that Wookie is doing his best for you to accept him? He could have told me about you two being brothers but he chose not to because he wanted to protect you. He wanted to protect his hyung who never see him as his own brother.” he picked up his bag on the vacant stool and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter