Chapter 33

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LOVE WILL ASK YOU TO STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE, TO SACRIFICE AND TO COMPROMISE. IF YOU CAN'T AGREE TO THOSE, LOVE WON'T AGREE WITH YOU."

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

CSW? Who the hell is this person and what did we do for him to use these photos against us? Inside my chaotic mind I try to figure what CSW stands for. The sender could be a sasaeng, an anti-fan, or worst a person Donghae and I are familiar with. I mentally list down possible culprits and I gasp in horror upon reaching the realization that maybe Rachel is the sender but then again her initials weren’t CSW. Glancing at the scattered pictures on top of my desk, a vague memory of my conversation with Donghae flashes like a light bulb.

 

“You know too well who is the current President of Choi Group, babe. I may sound like an immature selfish boyfriend but I don’t want you to have any connection to him or to any of his companies. I know this is a trap. He hates me enough to use you to his advantage.”

 

“Use me? In what way?”

 

“Yes use you but I don’t exactly know in what way. One thing is for sure he will do everything to hurt me emotionally than physically. I’ve been keeping my eyes on him and I found out he hired someone to follow you. Sounds creepy right?”

 

Picking up a pen and paper, just to make sure, I write down the name Choi Siwon and indeed the initials were the same! CSW! Choi Siwon of Choi Group! He must be the source of these photos… but why? He’s with Rachel now so what’s the point of all this ?

 

From outside the door I can hear heavy footsteps and endless teasing indicating the arrival of Mr. Park and the rest of my officemates. I quickly gathered all the pictures and put in inside my bag.

 

“Hyukjae-ssi what’s wrong? You looked pail.” Mr. Park asked.

 

“Actually sir I’m not feeling well.” I clutched my tummy, faking a stomach ache. “I think the food I ate during lunch is the reason.”

 

“I think you should allow him to go home, sir.” One of my officemates suggested.

 

I pray to God that I’m convincing enough because I don’t think I could focus on anything right now. Not with a burden so heavy like this.

 

Mr. Park studied me for a second before agreeing. “Alright, go home and rest. But before leaving make sure all the reports I asked you to finish are done.”

 

“It’s already on your desk, sir.”

 

“Well done,” he patted my back before dismissing me.

 

Walking out of Crossfire101, I hailed a taxi and told the driver to take me to a place I know will give me the refuge I need. Deep inside I know I should call and talk with Donghae about this matter but there’s an immense fear in my heart knowing he will not take this lightly. He will act without further analyzing the consequences and that’s one thing, among many others, that I don’t want to happen.

 

Tears are now staining my face as I clutched my phone harder. One wrong move and everything Donghae built for the last five years will go down including the company his late grandfather initiated.  

 

‘DAMN YOU CHOI SIWON!’

 

Once arrived, I pay the taxi driver and without waiting for the change, I hopped down the cab and started to trail the long way towards my destination. After about fifteen I reached the familiar tomb of my father.

 

“Hi dad it’s been a while since I last went to visit you.” I pay my respects before sitting crossed leg beside the tomb.

 

“I apologized for not bringing mom and your favorite soju with me. It’s a last minute decision. Dad, I have a boyfriend now. His name is Donghae. He’s a year older, richer and way more handsome than your son.” I chuckle and unlocked my phone, showing him our picture. “Isn’t he the most handsome man alive, dad? But he’s pabo, like really really pabo most of the time but still, I love him with all my heart.”

 

“We’ll be celebrating our 100th day next week but I’m scared we will not be able to celebrate it together because of a certain person. He’s a bad person, dad. He wanted to tear us apart.” I glanced up at my dad’s portrait as fresh tears came flowing down my eyes. “I wanted to protect him, his family and everything he built for himself but I don’t know how.”

 

I don’t know how long I cried but the continuous buzzing of my phone made me realized that it’s already dark. I have an inkling who might be the caller and I was right. It’s Donghae.

 

“Hey,” I finally answered.

 

“Babe! Thank God! Where are you? I called your office but Yoochun said you went home after lunch. What the hell happened? Your mom called me to check if you’re with me. Tell me where are you and I’ll pick you up.” he said worriedly.

 

Wiping my now dried tears, I push myself up and turn around to face the dark hills ahead.

 

“I’m fine, Donghae you don’t have to pick me up. I can go home myself.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes,”

 

“Alright then, I’ll be home in an hour. I love you.”

 

“So do I,”

 

Turning to my father’s tomb, I gathered my things and once again pay my respects before saying goodbye.

 

“I need to go, dad. Thank you listening. I’m feeling better now, somehow. I love you dad.”

 

-----*****-----

It’s already ten in the evening when I arrived at Lee mansion. All lights were shut indicating that the entire household are already asleep, hopefully Donghae too. I intentionally went home this late because I can’t face him right now. Not until I have a proper talk with Siwon. That bastard! I knew the moment I saw his predatory gaze that he’s not a trustworthy kind of person and I’m right, absolutely right!

 

I didn’t bother to flick on the lights, fearing that I might wake Ryeowook or Kyuhyun, that is if he decided to sleep over, and just use the light coming from my cell phone. In the middle of my third step, the living room lights flicked open, revealing my very displeased lover. He’s already in his pajamas with half-full glass of red wine on hand. I made my way towards him and is about to give him a kiss when he moved his head a little. The kiss that is supposed to be for his lips landed on his cheek instead.

 

“Hey baby,” okay now I’m guilty.

 

“Don’t hey baby me, Lee Hyukjae. Where have you been?” he queried coldly.

 

“I met with some of my high school friends and was caught in a heavy traffic on the way home. Sorry if I made you worried.”

 

‘LIAR MUCH, MY DEAR?’

 

“I did insist to fetch you, didn’t I Hyukjae? But you said you can go home yourself. Look at the time. You’re late.”

 

I ignore the irritation brewing inside me just so not to meet his anger. I calmly reached for his arm and ran my hand in it.

 

“The important thing is that I’m here now, alive and breathing.” I linked our pink fingers as I pacify him more. “Don’t get mad anymore, baby. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter