Chapter 11

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YOU CAN'T BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR EVERYBODY, BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST FOR THE ONE WHO DESERVE YOU."

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

After the sumptuous lunch Leeteuk hyung provided us, we headed back to the CJE headquarters to share the good news to the rest of the team. Being the newbie to the team that has been together for quite sometime now, Donghae hyung spared an hour from his usual rehearsal time to formally introduce me to them and I must say they're all awesome and nice and accepted me warmly. I’ve met his make-up artist noonas, hair stylist, wardrobe noona, back-up dancers, members of the band, and the creative director, Yoon Chan Young. I’ve never work with The Yoon Chan Young because when I started with CJE he was traveling around the world for his vacation. I’ve heard so much about him - more bad traits than good – but I never put them inside my head because I believe most artists do have a downside but it can never outshine their God given talent.

 

Once we’re done with the introductions, Chan Young-ssi leads us to one of CJE’s smaller conference room to let us watch Donghae’s past concerts here and abroad. For the duration of the viewing I can feel the judging eyes of the Chan Young-ssi on me but I chose to ignore it. I rather it up or I will get kick out of CJE permanently. I’m not sure if the rumors were true about Chan Young’s connections within the company but I’d rather keep myself away from trouble.

 

The viewing ended with me writing down some important points I observed from all of the performances. This early I should have ideas on how I can help Donghae and the entire team.

 

“So Hyukjae-ssi, what can you say?” the voice is as intimidating as I heard a while ago.

 

“Well, the shows were great as I expected from Donghae hyung but…”

 

Donghae who is busy navigating his phone on the other side of the table raise his head, surprisingly attentive to what I’m going to say.

 

“But what?” the handsome fish asked.

 

“There’s something missing, hyung. There’s no heart in it. You’re like dancing just for the sake of doing it.” I said honestly.

 

“You’re not exactly in the position to tell that to his face, Hyukjae-ssi. If I may remind you, you are just a newbie.”

 

Chan Young is beyond irritable now and I don’t want to be on his bad side this early of our working relationship but I guess I couldn’t help it since I have a feeling that he doesn’t want me to be part of this team in the first place.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Chan Young-ssi. I just thought you wanted an honest answer.” I bowed at the angered director but he ignored me and exited the conference room.

 

I curl my fists into a ball and sigh. I just ruined my first day with Hae’s team not to mention the director hates me. Damn this big mouth of mine! I’m sure this will get me into jail someday.

 

‘AISH!! WHAT WILL I DO NOW? SHOULD I JUST BACK OUT?’

 

“No, I will not allow you to back out.”

 

My heart almost stops from beating when I heard the familiar voice of Donghae. Wait! Did he just told me not to back out? Is he a mind reader or my big mouth uttered my thoughts out loud yet again?

 

“W-what?”

 

He slide out of his chair and march his way towards me, both hands inside the side pockets of his pants.

 

“Chan Young-ah really does have a tendency to be blunt in a mean way but he’s not always like that.” he smiles as he sits on top of the table, arms folded over his chest.

 

“You’re not mad at me, hyung? I mean… I…”

 

“I’m not mad but a little hurt.”

 

And that’s something I don’t want to happen, to hurt the man I love in any possible way. I’d rather take all the blame than to see him hurt.

 

‘THE MAN YOU WHAT?’

 

Like. I mean the man I like. Can you stop ing for once?

 

I slowly look up to the most handsome man I ever saw in my life with confusion written allover my face.

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry. It’s not my intention to hurt you. I just—”    

 

“I’ve been dancing since I was a kid and mama always told me that I can conquer the world with that talent and to hear you say that I’m not passionate with what I do really hurts my pride because dancing has been my life ever since my mother left me. I’m dancing not because they paid me for it but because when I dance, I somehow feel that I’m making my mama proud even though she’s miles and miles away from me.”

 

‘OH ! LOOK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, LEE HYUKJAE! GO AND APOLOGIZE! YOU AND YOUR BIG MOUTH CAN REALLY PUT A GOOD MAN DOWN. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.’

 

“Hyung…” I tentatively called him out but he dismissed me immediately.

 

“If I practice harder and perform well, you think mama will watch the concert? She never come and watch any of my concerts.” He turned his head on my direction and I was astounded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter