Chapter 42

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8MmU31Bmo

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

4 months later…

 

In my 24 years of existence, I never felt this contented until Donghae came into my life. I mean I was happy admiring him from a far but now its not only I have him as my boyfriend but I’m also carrying his child. Even until now I can’t believe that male pregnancy does exist and from millions of male species in Korea and almost hundred millions all over the world, I was lucky and blessed enough to experience such delicate and fulfilling stage that’s only possible to women.

 

Speaking of pregnancy, I’m currently on my 17th week and thankfully, my baby and I are doing just fine. My back hurts more often now as my ankles starts swelling and from time to time I experience shortness of breath. I spent the last two weeks of my first trimester in bed because I had three spotting episodes and even though Dr. Cheon, my OB, said that I can do minimal walking and such, Donghae and the rest of the family insisted that I had to be in bed. Another concern I have is that I don’t get to have Hae to myself – if you know what I mean – for months now and even though we are cuddling every night with lots and lots of shared kisses, having him inside me is the feeling I missed the most. We can be a little sneaky and do it but we thought better of it because at the end of the day, when I give birth to our first born, I know being deprived of my boyfriend’s oh-so-gorgeous-body will be all worth it.

 

Aside from going to the supermarket earlier this morning, I have no other things to do to pass time. Almost all the occupants of the mansion were out. Mom has been in the countryside for two days now to take care of my sick aunt, her youngest sister. Ryeowook had left earlier than his usual schedule for he has a 7’oclock class while his parents, yes Mr. Kim is here as well for a short vacation, had left an hour ago to visit Mr. Kim’s family.

 

I remember the day when Mrs. Lee fetched Mr. Kim from the airport. Donghae was extremely anxious even before leaving the mansion that only got worst when they arrived at Incheon International Airport. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to come and witness it myself because I had to stay in bed. I only relay on Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, and Mrs. Lee’s observations. It was fun listening to them tease my lover about it come dinner time.

 

The first conversation of Donghae and Mr. Kim didn’t happen that night though. It happened just last week when the three of them accompanied me to the hospital for my check-up. Mrs. Lee and I came inside the doctor’s office leaving them outside and I honestly fear for the worst thing scenario but for God knows what reason, the moment we step out of the office, Mr. Kim and Donghae are actually seated next to each other, talking. Mrs. Lee and I ended up teary eyed as we witness the two gentlemen engaged themselves in a serious, heart-to-heart talk. That sight made me missed my dad the entire day.

 

I don’t know if being a CEO makes a person secretive because lately Donghae does make a lot of calls even when he’s at home and when I ask him about who the caller was he would shut me out. Days passed and I learned to just ignore those annoying callers because honestly I don’t think Donghae will do something behind my back. Yes, even he does annoy me with his don’taskanymore face, I trust him.

 

After finishing a pint of Baskin_Robbins Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, I found myself lazing around our room switching channels of the television uninterestedly. A minute or two passed, my phone beeps for a message. I tore my eyes away from the screen and reach for the device. It’s a message from Donghae.

 

To: Hyuk babe

From: Your Namja

 

Sorry babe I can’t have lunch with you today. I need to go to Daegu for a routine inspection. I’ll make it up to you tonight okay?

 

 I love you.

 

Laters,

 

I quickly type in my reply,

 

To: My Namja

From: Hyuk babe

 

Its okay baby, I don’t think I’m capable of eating anything after finishing a pint of ice cream. You better make up to me tonight *pouts*

 

We miss you. Come back home quickly.

 

I love you too.

 

After my message was sent, I turn off the television and let my heavy eyelids to flutter close.

 

-----*****-----

Couple of hours later I woke up due to the buzzing of my phone. I tried ignoring the call but the caller is damn persistent! Allowing myself to re-orient with my surroundings, I closed my eyes for ten seconds before opening it again to take the call.

 

“Jaejoong hyung!” I answered excitedly. Traces of sleep were long forgotten.

 

“Hello to you too, Hyuk. Did I disturb you with my call?”

 

“Slight, but its okay, I’ve slept long enough. Why’d you call, hyung?”

 

“Sorry to hear that, Hyuk. I got too excited to share you the news.”

 

“News about what?”

 

“You remember the photographer I’m talking about last time I went to visit you? Guess what? He called me few minutes ago to confirm that he’s free this coming Saturday afternoon.”

 

Jaejoong and Yunho hyung are like our staple visitors since I got home from the hospital. And I will never forget my pretty hyung’s reaction when Donghae and I told him that we're expecting. He’s like the cutest and most adorable hyung I’ve ever had and also the prettiest.

 

“The one who took your wedding photos?”

 

“Yes, yes. He’ll be staying here for a month then he’ll fly to the States again. My team and I are planning to do the pictorial in advance. You think you’re ready by Saturday?”

 

“Hyung, can I talk this matter with Hae first? I don’t want to give you an answer that I can’t take back. Also modeling is not my cup of tea not to mention my tummy is kind of obvious already.”

 

“My glam team will take care of you and your baby bump so you don’t have to worry about it. I really want you to be part of my new collection.”

 

“I’ll talk to Hae tonight and whether he agrees or not, I will call you.”

 

“Alright, I guess I have to wait for your answer then. Call me ASAP okay?”

 

“Sure will do hyung. Bye!”

 

-----*****-----

Donghae did make-up to me that night for bringing home two boxes of my favorite flavored chicken and a box of cookies. After helping Ryeowook with the dishes, we decided to watch a movie in the entertainment room. Halfway through the movie, the oldies decided to turn-in for the night as Kyuhyun arrived from yet another long hours of recording. That brat will be releasing his second studio album making him extra busy. KyuWook couple immediately cuddled up in a recliner right next to us.

 

“Do you remember Jae’s offer, baby?” I ask the man that has his head rests on my lap ever since the movie started.

 

He tore away his eyes from the screen to look at me. “You being one of his models for his next collection? Yes, babe I remember. Waeyo?”

 

I shifted a little to prevent his head to fall. “Well, he called me this afternoon saying that the photographer is available this Saturday and his team wanted to do an advance pictorial.”

 

“Oh so you said yes already. That’s good.”

 

“Not yet, baby. I said I will call him after I ask you. Are you fine with it?”

 

“He asked me first, love. And I said as long as he will not strain you and our little angel, I’m fine with it. You don’t want to?

 

“Well, my concern is my baby bump and modeling is not my thing.”

 

An irritated Kyuhyun turn his eyes on us. “You know if you want to talk you could leave the room. We’re trying to watch here.”

 

“Watch your mouth, Kyuhyun.” Donghae warned.

 

“Fine! If you guys don’t want to leave, Ryeonggu and I will do it instead. Let’s go baby.” he pulled the youngster up from the recliner.

 

“Where to, Kyu?” Ryeowook asked, bewildered.

 

“To our love nest,” He said with a knowing smile.

 

“Yah!” Donghae blurted.

 

“Let them be, Hae. I saw Kyuhyun’s drooping eyes. Bet he will just sleep the entire night. Ryeowook is safe.” I coaxed.

 

We went back to our previous position and continue talking. “As I was saying, I don’t know how to project in front of the camera. And my baby bump is more visible now than it was previously. What if the netizens don’t like it? I don’t want to bring bad publicity to Moldir.”

 

This time Donghae is the one who shifted his body so we are now facing each other. He then raised his hands to cup my face. “The Hyukjae I know is not like this. He’s not insecure. He’s a confident, well driven person. But then I understand your concern, love. If you want let’s go together. It’s on a Saturday right? I’ll clear my schedule if there’s any. I want you to explore other things aside from dancing. Who knows you could be Moldir’s new brand ambassador after you give birth. I’m sure Jae hyung will take care of you. Not because I told him to but because he is genuinely concern for you and our baby.   

 

“Hae…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I love you. Always.”

 

He kisses my lips oh so softly. “I know, babe. I love you too.”

 

-----*****-----

8:00 am Saturday, Lee Mansion

 

I deliberately shifted my body away from the disturbing light coming from the drawn curtain. I can hear soft murmurs that my sleep laden mind can’t and won’t comprehend this early in the morning. Knowing that I can no longer go back to sleep, I decided to flutter my eyes open. The moment I did, a fresh and very handsome Donghae came face to face with me. I sleepily curve my lips to smile at him.

 

“Good morning, love.” he greeted me with an Eskimo kiss.

 

“Morning,”

 

Donghae smells so good today. I’m guessing he took his time in the shower and used his favorite body wash and after shave lotion. Again I find myself smiling because of his heavenly scent.

 

“What time is it?” I ask, propping my elbows to properly look at my lover.

 

“8 am. Up now, love!” he extended his hand, waiting for me to accept it.

 

“Hmmm... I don't want to. Can't we just stay here the whole day? It’s Saturday.”

 

“Na ah. You have a pictorial today remember? Get up, sleepyhead! Come on!”

 

“Five minutes more. Please?” before I could pull the sheets to cover up my face, his hand reaches down to pinch my cheek.

 

“Ah! ah! ah! Okay I’m awake… I’m awake! Let go!”

 

He let out a satisfied laugh. “Good. I’ll be in the study while you get ready.”

 

The morning breeze from the open glass door runs down my spine the moment I step out of bed. “What do you want for breakfast?”

 

From his iPad, Donghae lifts his eyes to look back at me. “Don't bother, love. We'll be in Lacey's for breakfast. I already made a reservation.”

 

“Lacey's? How about the rest will they join us too?” I ask again, head peeking from behind the bathroom door.

 

“Yes. Lacey’s. It's a new Italian restaurant few blocks from here.  No babe, it’ll be just us this morning. I already told them about it so you don’t have to worry.”

 

“Oh really? Alright then, I’ll be down in 30.”

 

-----*****-----

Lacey's is a cozy type of restaurant with a for-the-rich-only aura which I can’t get accustomed to even until the present time. European artifacts are all over the place as a wide array of vintage wines are on display in their wine museum. A fine young lady led us to a private room in the back most part of the restaurant and that made me realize that we are the only customers around.

 

Once we are seated and placed our orders, we are left inside the room with a soft Basch's Mass in B manor playing as our background music. I won’t deny the fact the Donghae really put his 100% when it comes to our dates. I can’t pinpoint the time wherein I wasn’t awed with his effort. And today’s breakfast date is not an exception.

 

“You rented the entire restaurant?” I ask before reaching for his hand that’s resting on top of the table.

 

“You don’t mind, do you babe?” he met my eyes and I feel like I’m falling in love allover again.

 

“I don’t. But I still can’t believe you are capable of doing it.”

 

“I’m very particular when it comes to privacy. I don’t mind spending a little more just to ensure an interrupted date with you, the love of my life.”

 

“Being mushy now, are we Donghae-ah?”

 

He didn’t say anything about it and just held my hand tighter. “You know how much I love you, right, babe?” his voice is serious and sincere.

 

“Of course, we wouldn't be here if I don't. Why is there something wrong? Do you want to tell me something?” All of a sudden I feel giddy and anxious at the same time. It’s not an everyday occurrence that Hae will allow himself to be open like this.

 

“Nothing's wrong, love. I just want to thank you for loving me, my imperfections and all. For keeping up with my controlling tendencies. For being with me when I was the idol Lee Donghae and now that I’m Lee Donghae the CEO. I know in this moment that my heart is enough for the both of us. I believe it's big enough for the both of us. I love you, Lee Hyukjae.”    

 

He slowly brings my hand to his lips and kisses it ever so gently, sending electric current down my spine. This romantic side of Donghae never failed me.

 

At times like this wherein I bask in Donghae’s love for me, I can’t help the happy tears to flow down my face. “It's more than enough baby.” I cried. “I don't know what I did to deserve a man as perfect as you. To be loved and cared the way you do. All I know is that I love you with all of my being and I want to take care of you for the rest of my life. You complete me, Donghae-ah.”

 

It's my turn to bring his hand to my lips, planting three kisses on it. A shy smile curve up on his lips and this time he's the blushing one! I tell you he's at his cutest when he's all red with that kind of smile. He looks far different from the intimidating CEO that he is everyday.

 

As soon as our foods were served, we immediately indulge ourselves on it. Donghae ordered a certain vintage red wine he badly wants to try. A bottle is a little bit pricey for a wine but he don't care, a very typical Lee Donghae. There are two things he don’t give a damn about the price as long as he got it. First is wine and the second is camera. He’s into photography and if I’m not mistaken he dreamed to have his own exhibit in the future.    

 

Once we’re done eating,  Donghae paid the bill and we hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter