Chapter 7

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"PEOPLE CAN BE MORE FORGIVING THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. BUT YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE YOURSELF. LET GO OF WHAT'S BITTER AND MOVE ON." -BILL COSBY

 

DONGHAE POV

 

I’m really pissed when my mother called me up – in the middle of a photo shoot - asking if I could fetch Lixu from the University because the latter is not feeling well. And being the one person I hate to spend time with, I decided to let him wait and finish the pictorial.

 

Ever since Lixu came back from Canada, my life grew a lot more complicated and stressful. I managed to live for years without someone cooking meals for me, taking care of me when I’m sick, and someone who actually cares if I’m still breathing or not. Lixu is seven years younger than me and he is the son of my mother and her second husband, Kim Eunwook. I first met him on my fourteenth birthday. My mother brought him with her and I was speechless when she introduced him as my brother.

 

From the very day I met him, I despised him with my whole being and now that he’s living with me, I will make his life a living hell.

 

I parked my BMW inside the spacious University parking and hopped down, putting on my black aviator shades. I fished out my phone and make a call.

 

“Where are you?” I asked uninterested.

 

“H-hyung…”

 

“I’m at the parking lot. Get here in ten minutes or I will leave you.”

 

“Y-yes hyung,”

 

I let out a growl of irritation and starts walking around. I landed somewhere far from the rest of the building but not too far from the parking area. I let my eyes wander around and stopped when I saw a familiar figure sitting in a wooden bench, near the artificial pond, reading a book in concentration.

 

Lee Hyukjae.

 

Before that unfortunate day in the café, I never get a chance to know more about the famous Lee Hyukjae of CJE. He is a well-known dancer/choreographer to all of CJE artists because of his great dancing skills, unique ideas for concert stages, humorous personality and gummy smile. I once work with him but he’s a beginner that time, too shy to speak and often spend time alone rather than talking with the rest of us. But he changed now. He’s more confident and sociable compared to what he was and I’d say that I like the new him.

 

‘I MEAN I APPRECIATE THE NEW HIM AND NOT LIKE AS IN LIKE THAT CAN LEAD TO LOVE.’

 

Nice pullover, Donghae.

 

I stagger my way towards the oblivious boy, as quietly as possible because the last thing I want is for him to get distracted from studying. I watch him for a couple of minutes before finally opening my mouth to speak.

 

“No friends I see, Hyuk dongsaeng.”

 

He almost drop the book he’s reading when he heard me but nonetheless he stood up on his feet and greeted me.

 

“Donghae hyung what are you doing here?” he asked.

 

I mentally congratulated myself because he really called me hyung without me initiating it but why did I asked him to call me hyung in the first place? Am I not contented with Lixu calling me that?

 

“I’m here to fetch my brother but seems that he’s hiding somewhere. I didn’t know you’re a University student.”

 

“Ah yes, I do dancing after class hours. Uhmm, I’m a business major.” He informed me.

 

I didn’t expect him to be in any business related course simply because he doesn’t suit to be a CEO of a company.

 

“Business major,” I walk over to the pond and resume, “I thought you’re a PE or dance major perhaps.”

 

“Dancing is my first love but putting up my own business is something I dreamed of ever since I was a kid and I’m fortunate enough that my parents supported what I want to do.”

 

Oh right he wanted to put up his own business. Hmm… not bad.

 

“I hope I was blessed to have good parents like yours, Hyuk.” I can’t help the bitterness slip into my voice.

 

“What do you mean by that?” he asked.

 

“--- Hyung?”

 

Just in time Lixu! Just in ing time!

 

My entire good mood vanished when I saw how submissive he looks: Head ducked down while gripping the hem of his shirt. No wonder he was the subject of bullies in his previous University. I put the best poker face I can muster and say,

 

“I thought you’ll be a pain in the again, Lixu.”

 

I turn around to face the bewildered man, “that midget over there is my brother. You know him? He’s a business major also.”

 

“Y-yes, he’s my classmate and also a friend.”

 

“Ah so you’re close to him. Guess you know why we have different surnames then.”

 

He shook his head, “he hasn’t said anything to me.”

 

Since Lixu doesn’t have a friend here in Korea, I expected him to open up to the first person who seemed to be nice to him and that person is Hyukjae but guess I was wrong. But why?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter