Chapter 17

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"ANYONE CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY BY DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL. BUT ONLY SOMEONE SPECIAL CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING."

 

DONGHAE POV

When we arrived at home I’m already starving to death. Good thing I bought enough food for the both of us. I guide Hyukjae to the entertainment room first before heading back to the kitchen to grab some drinks. As I went back to the room I spotted him standing over my movie shelf collection, eyes wide in awe. I put down the cans of sodas on top of the center table and stagger my way to open the television and the movie player.

 

“You looked surprise, Hyuk.” with two long strides I’m able to enclosed him in my arms from the back.

 

“I didn’t know you actually love movies. I thought you’re into singing and composing.”  He said as he relaxed his body against mine.

 

“How little did you know.” I joked, “It was a hobby back in senior high school that eventually grew as passion after my debut. I took up a crash course in movie making last year with hopes of making my own movie in the future.”

 

“I’m a fan not a saesang so it’s only natural for me to know what you tell the public and you haven’t mentioned it in any of your interviews.” He playfully slapped my arm but didn’t pull himself away.

 

I made him turn around, cupping his face with both of my hands.

 

“I’m glad to know that you’re my fan and because of that you get to choose what movie we will watch tonight.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. Go ahead and pick one.”

Hyukjae excitedly pulled away to pick a movie – which I pray to God will not be a sappy romance – as I plopped down the recliner with my phone on hand. I quickly scan through my email, then my social media accounts before finally my personal messages. By the time I send my reply to my manager, Hyukjae is already standing in front of me, showing me the one he picked.

 

“Seriously a horror movie?” I asked, judging the CD that he’s handing to me.

 

“But I want to watch it.” He said with a pout.

 

“I didn’t say we’ll not watch it. I’m just validating, okay? Now stop pouting.” I pulled him to sit down as I rose from the recliner to the movie player. In no time, as the movie starts playing, we are sharing the food we bought alongside with good laugh and lots of bickering.

 

-----*****-----

Few minutes into watching I felt a sudden weight on my shoulder and without even checking I know Hyukjae already fell asleep. For a while I didn’t move just so I won’t wake him up and locate the remote with my idle hand to turn off the television and movie player. I let another minute passed before I wiggle my shoulder to wake the sleeping man.

 

“Let’s go to bed, Hyuk.” I said, watching closely as the dancer flutter his eyes open.

 

“Hmm?” he rubbed his eyes, which I find really cute, and slowly get on his feet.

 

“I said its time for you to sleep.”

 

“But I… I need to go home. I can’t sleep here.” he said with hesitation.

 

I can’t blame him to feel hesitant to stay the night with me. If it wasn’t for my naughty remark earlier I bet he’ll be more than okay to stay.

 

“I promise I won’t do anything.” I confessed as I held his right hand and placed it on top of my beating heart. “I know our situation is hard for you not to mention confusing so the least I could do is to make you feel safe around me. I want you to trust me not just tonight but in the days to come.”

 

“I know you will not do anything, Hae it’s just that I don’t want Ryeowook to get the wrong idea. We’re not a couple but we’re sleeping together.”

 

“Hyuk, listen to me. If there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter