Chapter 40

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LIFE CAN TEAR US APART. IT CAN RIP US END FROM END. BUT EVEN WITH A BROKEN HEART WE CAN PREVAIL. HUMANS ARE AMAZING CREATURES AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS JOURNEY WORTH IT. EVEN IF THE PATH CROSSES INTO HELL, IT IS STILL WORTH THE RIDE."

 

DONGHAE POV

 

After talking with Dr. Song, I return to Hyuk’s room with a new found happiness. Who wouldn’t? I’m going to become a father! I remember when I was small and mama reads a bed time story to put me to sleep, the father of the princess always protects his family first before himself and that he would risk his life for his queen and princess. Of course that time I was clueless with the entire sacrifice thing but now its all clear to me, crystal clear.

 

I’m completely aware of the happiness and excitement bottling inside of me but at the same time there’s also a part of uncertainty. Will our parents be happy as well when I share them the news? Will they completely call us freaks? Will they accept our little one as a product of love Hyuk and I have for each other and not a mere cause of shameless ing?

 

My train of thoughts stopped upon reaching the front door of Hyuk’s room. I apprehensively reached for the door handle, turning it open. The scene I came in with warms my heart to the fullest. Mrs. Lee and mama are helping the nurse, the same one who fed him earlier, to bathe my unconscious lover. Right then and there I knew they will accept our future baby and that they will love our child as much as they love us, or even more.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t know its time for his bed bath. I’ll just wait outside.” I apologized to the three ladies.

 

“It’s okay, son. We’re done changing him anyway.” My mother informed, removing her latex gloves.

 

It took them ten minutes to finish up and the nurse exited the room immediately. I walk deeper into the room and found that Hyuk is now wearing a new set of green and white pajamas.

 

“What time is your filming?” my mom asked.

 

“10 in the morning mama,”

 

“Its already 30 minutes passed eight, and you’re still going home. Will you make it on time?”

 

“I’m going straight to the filming site from here. I’m done bathing anyway and they will provide me clothes so its okay if I go as is.”

 

“How about breakfast? We brought some croissants, would you like to have some?” asked Hyuk’s mom.

 

“I’m good, mom. I’ll just grab some on the way. I’m sure Leeteuk hyung wouldn’t mind stopping by a nearest Starbucks.”

 

The two women nodded their heads and the three of us fell into a comfortable silence. The silence stretched for God knows how long until I finally have the courage to speak.

 

“Dr. Song and I had a talk and he revealed something I have no idea how I will start telling you.” both moms look at me as if I have grown extra pair of heads.

 

“Is that a good news or not?” Hyuk’s mom asked, reaching for my mom’s hand.

 

“For me it’s good news. I don’t how will you take it though.”

 

“Oh, come on, son spill it out already.”

 

Glancing at Hyuk, I swallow the invisible lump in my throat and say, “we’re having our baby. Hyuk is three weeks pregnant.”

 

I expected them to be hostile but they are strangely quiet. Mrs. Lee found her voice first, though shaky and confused. “W-what do you mean he’s p-pregnant? He’s a man.”

 

I handed them the envelope Dr. Song had given me that contains the test results confirming the state of my lover. I let them look at it as I padded my way closer to my lover, gripping his hand.

 

“You heard it babe? You and I are going to be fathers soon. Our little one is here.” using my free hand, I pat his still flat tummy, soothingly “he or she is growing inside you, babe. I still can’t believe it though. I was just asking you couple nights ago what will you do if I got you pregnant and now you are indeed pregnant.” I let my emotions take over me and I cry. Happy tears starts falling down my eyes as I silently ask God for guidance and for Hyuk and our child get through this stage safely.

 

“Oh my gawd! My son is pregnant! Eonnie! OMO! OMO!” Mrs. Lee blurted out excitedly. Her initial shock was long forgotten. I guess being a mom requires a lot, and I mean a lot, of understanding.

 

“Calm down will you?” chuckling, my mom enveloped the younger mom for a quick hug. “We’re going to be grandmothers soon! Lixu must know this!” my mom said, searching her phone inside her bag.

 

“Lixu! Where are you? Still in bed with Kyu? Your brother has good news… no… stop whining like a ten year old kid… I will not tell you over the phone. Get your pompous here and bring your handsome lover as well. We need to celebrate… okay, see you in an hour. Bye son.”

 

Right after she ended the call, they resume talking about their future grandchild. It started of which gender our little one might be and it goes further by them naming the baby, where they will buy baby stuffs, and so on.

 

I give the two ecstatic mothers one last glance before looking down at my lover. Hyuk looks peaceful even with the prominent bruises surrounding his face. Leaning forward, I place a kiss on his forehead, thanking heavens that the antiseptic doesn’t have that strong smell anymore.

 

“Babe, you’re sleeping too much. I need you here with me, you and our little angel. Wake up soon, love.”

 

-----*****-----

My day went painstakingly slower than any previous days. I was used to it, having more dreadful days back when I was starting, but at this point in time wherein I’m older and have so much things going on, I feel like I had all my energy drained out of me.

 

“Tired?” Leeteuk hyung who is in the drivers’ seat asked.

 

We are on our way home or rather in my second home, the hospital with several take out foods because mama said Kyu and Wook will be waiting for me and we have to have dinner together.

 

“Super tired.” I sighed. “My schedules before were a lot more hectic than now but I never felt like this back then.”

 

“You were younger then, Donghae-ah plus emotional stress can be a little bothersome. After you’re done filming, everything will be much easier for you.”

 

“I’m looking forward to that, hyung. By the way how did the netizens react to the statement?”

 

“So far so good.” He revealed, smiling. “Your fans are like the most understanding fans in the industry though there are handfuls who judged you base on the initial report but like I said, the positive responses are greater than those of the negatives.”

 

“How about President Hwang’s reaction?” I asked, pertaining to CJE Entertainment’s Chief Executive Officer.

 

“He was not happy when your name was dragged to this mess but when he learned about the positive response of the netizens and that the stocks were not affected, he let it go immediately. That man has a weird way of being cool I must admit.”

 

“I can’t agree more, hyung” I grin. “Another thing hyung, is the CJE Nation tour will proceed this year?”

 

“Well, there are rumors circulating around that the higher-ups wanted to continue with the tour even without you because next month, Xiah Junsu will be out from the army and his appearance will attract fans though not enough to compensate yours. There’s no concrete plan yet. Why are you asking?”

 

“Nothing, I just want to know. And the girl group they are about to debut?”

 

“They will be having their debut stage next week. Oh by the way, since you’re going to retire soon, one of the senior managers approached me asking if I’m willing to take care of the girls once you left the company. Will that be okay?”

 

“Hyung, you don’t need to ask my permission. Of course I’m fine with it. Just because I’m retiring doesn’t mean you have to end yours too. My offer is still open though.”

 

A day after I announced my retirement, I asked Leeteuk hyung to come and work for me in Lee Holdings. Even though I have an outmost respect to Mrs. Pyeon, my grandmother’s secretary for as long as I could remember, I will be more at ease knowing that I will be working with someone I personally known for years. And who else will fit that role other than my manager, Park Jungsoo.

 

“I asked Jieun’s opinion about your offer and she actually gives her approval.”

 

“And her opinion holds more than yours, I can tell.” I grin sheepishly, knowing that he’s five seconds away in accepting my offer.

 

“Of course, she’s my fiancée.”

 

“Okay she’s your fiancée, your beautiful, understanding, smart fiancée. So are you going to accept my offer or not?”

 

“Give me until the end of the week to decide.”

 

“Alright, you’re the hyung anyway.”

 

For two consecutive nights, I arrived passed the visiting hours but they are kind enough to let me in and my manager. The moment the two of us enters the room, I’m immediately engulfed in a tight hug that I almost lost my balance all thanks to this little bunny I termed as my brother, Kim Ryeowook.

 

“Is Hyukkie hyung pregnant? For real?” he asked after the hug.

 

“Yes Wookie, your Hyukkie hyung is pregnant. Now will you let go of me so I can help preparing our dinner?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter