Chapter 16

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHEN YOU CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES, YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST YOUR HEART. LOVE MAKES ANYTHING POSSIBLE."

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

Fifteen minutes before the end of our break, Donghae came back in and I let out a sigh of relief. As expected he didn’t go anywhere near me. Instead he walked over to the over-all choreographer and they started talking. Sudden gush of guilt flooded my heart but I chose to ignore it, well at least until the practice ended. I need to be professional or else I will disappoint a lot of people including myself. I let out an exasperated sigh before I rose to my feet and stagger over to where my bag is located.

 

I’m checking on my phone for messages when I felt presence on my back. I know who the person is but I chose not to acknowledge him.

 

“Who are you texting?” Donghae asked as he placed his head on top of my shoulder, peeking on my phone.

 

“None. I’m just checking my messages. Where have you been?”

 

I tried to relax my body but his chest that’s pressing on my back is too much to ignore.

 

“Somewhere. I needed to be far away from you to be able to think properly.”

 

I tossed my phone inside my bag and hastily turned around to face him.

 

“Look Hae I’m really sorry for what I’ve said earlier. I thought about it and you’re right, I’m being unfair to you not to mention, selfish. I know you don’t want to hear me apologizing but this time I need to, I want to. I’m sorry Hae…”

 

“I thought about it as well and realized that if I want to be with you I should be strong enough to stand for the both of us. I know you will insist that “no Donghae you can’t be gay” thing over and over again but let’s try. Let’s try to get to know each other well and if one of us found that there’s no future between us then let’s be friends instead.”

 

My entire body freeze when his words finally reached my brain. He wants to get to know me more, he said, and if one of us realized that things will not work out then we will only be friends. This early I know I want us to be more than friends and if there’s someone who will give up, I’m sure it will not be me. Long time ago I always dreamed of us walking hand in hand along Han River at the deadly hours of the night just to avoid his rabid fan girls who are ignorant about privacy and safety. I dreamed to celebrate special occasions with him, go traveling together, take endless pictures, build snowman, and other things normal couples do.

 

I felt warm hand running in the small of my back and I snapped back to reality.

 

“I though you will faint again. Is everything okay? You look pale.” Donghae said as his hand continue its ministration.

 

Before I could open my mouth to speak, the over-all choreographer called out to resume the practice. Donghae nodded without tearing his eyes from me.

 

“Let’s talk about this later. I’ll drive you home.”

 

From the small of my back he reached the same hand to pat my cheek before walking away.

 

 

-----*****-----

The practice ended after two hours and Leeteuk hyung invited the dance team to have dinner together. As I fix my things, my phone went off inside my pocket. I zipped close my bag and took the device. It’s a text message from Donghae.

 

To: Goofy anchovy

From: East Sea Namja

 

I’ll wait for you in the basement parking ^^

 

Instead of answering his text, I gather my things quickly, went out of the locker room and ride the elevator. It took me five minutes to find him leaning outside his black Audi with a smile. He looked so fresh in plain white shirt and faded jeans paired with his Air Jordan 13 Retro in black and I smiled not just because he’s standing there oh so handsomely but for the simple reason that I happened to own the same brand of shoes mine is in black and white. Thinking about it we have a couple shoes right, or not?

 

“Did I keep you waiting?” I asked as I stand few steps from him.

 

“Nope. You're just in time.  So let’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter