Chapter 20

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"THAT FAREWELL KISS WHICH RESEMBLES GREETING, THAT LAST GLANCEOF LOVE WHICH BECOMES THE SHARPEST PANG OF SORROW." -GEORGE ELIOT

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

“You sure have to leave, Hae. I don’t want you to be late for your flight.” I asked the man who had placed his head on my lap comfortably for the last hour.

 

“Few minutes more, babe.” He answered as he toy with my fingers that’s resting on top of his chest.

 

Ever since I invited him to meet my mom last night Donghae became touchier and uses his endearment almost all the time. That same night after sending him home, my mom and I had a talk and I will not hide the fact that her words scared me, like a lot. She told me that she liked Donghae for me because he seemed to be a good person but the fear she had will not disappear in a snap. I understand her though, because even though I allowed myself to be this close to this man, I still don’t have the right to everything. Some nights ago I dreamed about him asking me to be his boyfriend in which I gladly answered yes. From then on I wonder when that dream will come true.

 

Donghae interrupted my unceremonious spacing out by kissing me fully in the lips. Our lips molded for quite a long time until he slowly pulled back and stare at me.

 

“I’m going to miss you so bad, Hyuk.” he purred.

 

“Me too,” I answered as I put his bangs away from his eyes.

 

“How about you stay here with Lixu for few days? I can ask permission from your mom.”

 

The offer is tempting, all his offers were hell tempting to be honest, and I have to think with my rational mind for me to not fell onto his trap completely.

 

“It’s really nice of you to ask me that but I don’t think it’s necessary for now, Hae.”

 

“Am I pressing you too much?”

 

He maneuvered himself until we are sitting side by side with my head resting on his shoulder this time.

 

“A little. But it’s okay. I find it rather sweet actually.”   

 

“Am I now, babe?”

 

I nodded.

 

“You want me to do something to change it?”

 

My eyes grew wider with his question that I raised my head and look at him confusedly.

 

“What? Of course not. That’s part of who you are and I never said I don’t like it.”

 

“I’m just afraid that if I do something that you don’t like, you will leave me just like how my mom and fiancée left me.”

 

Oh that was it. His past, even though he managed to put a cool façade, still affects him. I hope one day he will be more open to me about it.

 

“Hae…” I clasped his free hand, bring it closer to my lips and kissed it, “I don’t know what happened to your past that made you feel that everyone will leave you but trust me when I say I won’t leave you. As long as you want me with you, I won’t go anywhere.”

 

“Sorry, babe.” He sighed.

 

“Ssshhh… its okay.” I kissed our clasped hands once again and enjoy the comforting silence that comes after that.

 

An hour later we finally emerged from the entertainment room and onto the living room. Donghae’s luggage bags were settled by the door. I’m too enticed with the feeling of the other man holding my hand that I didn’t notice the two set of eyes staring at us.

 

“Hyukjae hyung?”

 

Upon realizing the owner of the voice, I unclasped my hand from Donghae and spun around to be greeted by a shock faced Ryeowook.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter