Chapter 26

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LOVE IS AN UNCONDITIONAL COMMITMENT TO AN IMPREFECT PERSON. TO LOVE SOMEBODY ISN'T JUST A STRONG FEELING. IT'S A DECISION, A JUDGEMENT AND A PROMISE."

 

DONGHAE POV

 

“Is everything going according to plan?” I asked Nathan on the other line.

 

“Yes sir, I’m on my way to fetch him. We’ll be there in an hour.” He answered confidently.

 

“Good. I will have my phone on silent but I will check my messages.”

 

“Very well, sir.”

 

“Alright, Take care of him for me. Bye,”

 

“Sure will do, sir. Goodbye.”

 

I already ended the call when Leeteuk hyung came in looking elegant in his black and white suit with hair neatly styled. He raises his free hand; the other one is holding his phone, signaling me to get ready in five minutes. Nodding my head, I emerge from the vanity chair and stare at my own reflection in the floor length mirror.

 

I’m not bragging but the one staring back at me is definitely handsome wearing a three piece black suit. It was the one I chose from the three designs Rachel made for me. Not that the other two doesn’t look perfect, they were perfect nonetheless, but there’s something about this simple black suit that captivate me at first glance.

 

Leeteuk hyung came in again this time he escorted me out of the dressing room and into the waiting hall where the models are already lined up. Since I am the finale, they made me sit in a couch for the mean time. I’m about to check my social media sites when Rachel elegantly walks over to my direction.

 

“You look good in the suit, oppa.” she complimented.

 

Standing up, I let my eyes scan over her from head to toe. Rachel is wearing a champagne color open back dress with rhinestone embellishments and she paired it with a 4-inch Christian Louboutin glitter pumps, making her look extremely elegant if not glamorous.

 

She let her honey brown hair tied in a messy bun with few curly strands hanging on the sides. Almost instantly my eyes landed on her hands and there I saw on her left ring finger the sign of her commitment to her fiancée, Choi Siwon.

 

I suddenly feel sick on my stomach when I thought of the man somewhat responsible for my doomed relationship with her. Not that it’s his fault alone but it doesn’t mean he’s innocent either. It takes two to tango, right?

 

“You look good yourself, Rachel.” I said with a genuine appreciative smile.

 

She beams back at me and raise a hand to touch the lining of my suit, “Thank you for coming, oppa. You don’t know how happy I am right now.”

 

“Are you now, baby—I mean Rachel?”

 

“Of course, after what I had done I never thought I will still get this chance to talk to you moreover be one of my models. If you could just give me a chance to explain, oppa everything will be less awkward between us.”

 

“This is not the right place and time to have that kind of talk, Rachel.”

 

She’s about to retaliate when the floor director signals the start of the show.

 

“You should go back to your seat, baby girl. You shouldn’t loiter around in that dress or you’ll be in trouble. Go now.” I said using my old endearment which I regretted the moment I learned how wrong it was.

 

“Donghae oppa fighting!” she cheered before a uniformed attendant escorted her out of the waiting room.

 

-----*****-----

The fashion show ended with me handing Rachel a beautiful bouquet of flowers and hundreds of hands clapping in front if us. Being the complete gentleman that I was, I escorted Rachel until we reach the backstage where a tall, handsome man is waiting.

 

Rachel withdrew herself from me and greeted the said man with a kiss on the lips.

 

‘THIS MUST BE HER… OH NEVERMIND.’

 

“Hey honey,” I heard the businessman said after the kiss, arms draping around her waist. “That was wonderful. I’m so proud of you.”

 

“Hush, you flatterer. You’re making me blush.” Rachel answered while she ushered her fiancée towards my direction.

 

Should I run? Pretend that I’m talking on the phone? Oh shisus! I hate this kind of awkward situation!

 

‘WHY WOULD YOU RUN IN THE FIRST PLACE? YOU’RE NOT THE ONE AT FAULT HERE SO BETTER STAY STILL AND FACE HIM LIKE A MAN!’

 

“Donghae oppa, I’d like you to meet Choi Siwon, my boyfriend.”

 

Siwon offers his hand with a smug look on his face, “I’m pleased to meet you, Donghae-ssi.”

 

I accepted his hand and shake it, “Same here, Siwon-ssi.”

 

Maybe luck is on my side tonight that even before he opens his mouth to insult me or something, my phone vibrated underneath my suit. I excused myself and told Rachel we’ll see each other at the ball and left.

 

“Are you at the lobby already?”  I asked the man on the other line.

 

“Yes sir,”

 

“I’ll be there in five. Thank you,”

 

“My pleasure sir,”

 

Once the lift reached the ground floor I exited confidently through the lobby all the way to revolving glass doors to be greeted by my red Lamborghini and Nathan standing outside the door of the driver’s seat.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Lee.” Nathan bowed respectfully as we stand face to face.

 

“Good evening, Nathan.” I handed him the key of my Audi, “take the other one home. I’ll be out for the night.”

 

“No problem, Mr. Lee. Have a good night.”

 

“Sure we’ll. Thank you, Nathan.”

 

“You’re welcome, sir.” He bowed.

 

The moment I close the door I was immediately greeted by the hungry lips of my lover. We passionately take our time savoring each other’s lips until our lack of air stops us.

 

“Well good evening to you, too naughty darling.” I told him with a smirk.

 

“God I missed you and it wasn’t even a day since we last saw each other. Am I obsessed with you already?” he asked while wiping his lips dry.

 

“You have all the right to be obsessed with your handsome boyfriend. No one will judge you for that, babe.” I buckled up and whipped the car away from the curve and took off quickly.

 

“Baby?” I heard him asked while we stop by the red light.

 

“Hmmm,” I turned to him, tapping his leg.

 

“How come I never met Nathan before? And this car, I didn’t know you own such until I saw it parked across our street.”

 

“Nathan used to work for my dad until he passed away and no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter