Chapter 10

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"MISTAKES ARE ALWAYS FORGIVABLE, IF ONE HAS THE COURAGE TO ADMIT THEM." -BRUCE LEE

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

After spending two hours in the library and finishing a lot for my thesis, I idly gather my things and left. I’m beyond hungry right now and I hate that feeling because I tend to be grumpy the whole day. I made a quick trip to my locker, leave some books, and headed off to grab some food. As I’m walking along the side streets of Seoul my phone went off unceremoniously. I stopped by the waiting shed near the green bus stop and fished it out of my pocket.

 

‘WHY IS LEETEUK HYUNG CALLING ME? AHH!! IT’S ABOUT THE PROPOSAL!’

 

I filled my lungs with sufficient air before pressing the answer button.

 

“Leeteuk hyung,”

 

“Hyukjae-ah, where are you? Are you done with your classes for today?” he asked.

 

“Yes hyung. I’m at the waiting shed near the green bus stop. Why’d you ask?”

 

“Don’t leave that place, okay? I’ll come to pick you up.”

 

“What? No—” I was not able to finish my words because he already ended the call. Oh yes Park Jungsoo just great! I return the device inside my pocket and waited. It’s good to end everything now so I could focus on other things. It’s not like they will not like my answer anyway.

 

Am I ready to see Donghae again? I mean after my outraged scene last night I’m afraid we’ll become awkward or worst Donghae will not talk to me at all. I don’t want that to happen. I can’t take it. My heart can’t take such heartbreak.

 

‘WHAT HEARTBREAK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU DELUSIONAL MONKEY?!’

 

Stop ing me okay? All I want is to be close to Hae but after what I’ve done last night, the possibility for us to be friends is below negative zero now.

 

‘DON’T YOU WORRY MY DEAR I’M SURE YOU’LL DO JUST FINE. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LESSEN YOUR FAN BOY TENDENCIES AND BE YOURSELF.’

 

That’s like the hardest thing I have to do because my mind and body automatically freezes when Hae is around and I don’t think I have the will power to go against it. It’s hard you know? Extremely hard. 

 

Before I completely let myself indulge to inappropriate things, a blue Audi stopped in front of me and my body shoot up to a standing position. The driver’s door opens, revealing a very handsome not-so-young Park Jungsoo.

 

He beamed at me and gestured me to get in the car, “hopped in, Hyukjae-ah.”

 

“Yes hyung,” I answered and was about to open the door to the passengers’ seat when the window rolled down and I came face to face with Donghae.

 

“You want to sit here? I can move to the back seat.” He genuinely offered.

 

“Ah, no it’s okay. I just thought no one is occupying it.” I quickly turn by back on him and open the back door. I hopped in and buckled up.

 

Leeteuk hyung drive us to a buffet restaurant at Gangnam district and with the mere thought of eating different types of Asian cuisine makes me salivate like a rabid dog. Once the Audi was parked, the three of us hopped down and stagger our way inside. A uniformed waiter greeted us and showed us the way to our table located far from the rest of the costumers. To my surprise, instead of occupying the space beside Leeteuk hyung, Donghae actually sit beside me not to mention he pulled a chair for me. How can my inner fan boy ignore that gentleman act? Oh holy monkey! I don’t want to fall for someone as popular as him because loving Donghae will lead to a whole lot of heartaches and for me who never had a boyfriend since birth, I don’t think I can handle it.

 

‘YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IF YOUR PRINCE CHARMING ACTUALLY ENTERTAINS THE THOUGHT OF HAVING SAME RELATIONSHIP YET YOU’RE THINKING OF FUTURE HEARTACHES? CAN YOU THINK LOGICALLY FOR ONCE?’

 

Right! I don’t even know for certain if Donghae is like Ryeowook, Sungmin and I so it’s better for me to set that one straight. At least if I found out that he’s homophobic this early, I will not let myself fall for him.

 

I pushed such negative though at the back of my mind and concentrate on what is happening right now. I sighed for god knows how many times since I occupy this chair and reminded myself that I’m here to feed my empty stomach and not for any emotional reasons.

 

“Are you okay, Hyukjae-ah?” Leeteuk hyung asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter