Chapter 4

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LOTS OF PEOPLE WANT TO RIDE WITH YOU IN THE LIMO, BUT WHAT YOU WANT IS SOMEONE WHO WILL TAKE THE BUS WITH YOU WHEN THE LIMO BREAKS DOWN." - OPRAH WINFREY

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

Since I missed the 4:15 bus, I arrived twenty minutes late for my class. I quickly changed to my dance clothes and headed straight to the dance studio. Today I’ll be handling qualified trainees for the next level of evaluation this month.

 

The moment I came face-to-face with my students, I apologized for being late and quickly went down to business.

 

Our class ended an hour after and I decided to stay for a while before transferring to practice room A where I will be handling CJE’s newest girl group. I don’t usually handle girl groups but due to the insistent request of their manager – who happens to be a friend of mine – I had no choice but to agree.

 

I’m rummaging inside my bag when I heard a gentle knock on the door. The intruder didn’t wait for me to open the door because he marched his way inside, a proud smirk plastered on his face.

 

‘OH NO!’

 

“Do you mind if I stay here?” the man asked, sitting down the floor.

 

I don’t need to face him since we are staring at each other thru the floor length mirror.

 

“I’m about to transfer to practice room A so no.”

 

“In case you forgot, its Donghae hyung.” he mocked teasingly at me.

 

‘THIS MAN WAS BORN TO ANNOY THE OUT OF ME. ARGHH!’

 

“What are you doing here anyway, hyung? Aren’t you busy with the preparations for next month?” I asked, zipping my bag to a close.

 

“So, Leeteuk hyung told you already.” He stand on his feet, his eyes were serious for the first time ever since the café incident. “I meant it Hyukjae-ah. I want to do the collaboration stage with you for the encore concert next month.”

 

“Why me? I’m a mere back-up dancer. You should ask someone else, hyung.”

 

“Why not you? I mean you’re one of the best dancers here not to mention your ideas were unique if not awesome. Come on, Hyuk. My team needs you.” He pleaded much to my surprise.

 

“Does Leeteuk hyung sent you here to convince me?” I muster all the courage to look intimidating but obviously I didn’t achieve such result.

 

He inch closer, hands firmly kept inside the side pockets of his dark blue sweat pants.

 

“No. I came here myself.”

 

The moment I felt the radiating heat from his body, I grew paler and colder as if I’m having a nervous breakdown.

 

‘LOOSEN UP A BIT, YOU LOVE SICKEN MONKEY!’

 

“I still have until Thursday to decide, hyung.” I quickly gather my bag and shuffle my way towards the door.

 

I can’t stand to be in the same room with this man without being obvious that I’m attracted to him. In our line of work, dancers should act professional even in such uncomfortable situation and right now I can’t be too proud because whether I like it or not, Donghae is my senior and also a hyung.

 

As I’m about to turn the door knob, I heard a sound that’s not coming from my phone. Since my back is facing Donghae I didn’t see how his face looked like, hence I momentarily stopped my departure.

 

“Why did you call?” the older man answered uninterestedly.

 

‘IT DOESN’T SOUND HELLO TO ME. HOW CRUEL THIS MAN CAN BE.’

 

“I already told you I’m not gonna make it to dinner. Go eat by yourself.”

 

‘I FEEL SAD FOR THE PERSON ON THE OTHER LINE.’

 

“I don’t care if you wait for me or not. It’s your time you’re wasting. I need to go. Don’t call anymore. Bye.”

 

“Sorry for that. It’s my annoying brother. Where were we? Ah! The d-day is on Thursday, right?”

 

I inhaled a lung filled air and turn around to face him.

 

“Y-yes hyung.”

 

“I guess I’ll wait for your answer then.”

 

He’s standing few feet away from me, again. His lavender with a mixture of vanilla scent is slowly entering my nostrils and if I act accordingly to what I feel, I will definitely close my eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter