Chapter 23

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LOVE IS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU SAY 'I LOVE YOU' BUT HOW MUCH YOU CAN PROVE THAT IT'S TRUE."

 

DONGHAE POV

 

One week after the music show in Brazil, things were slowing down for me a little. Just a little. I still comply with my schedules diligently until the encore two weeks from now. I’m having mix emotions regarding my last show because the bonding we shared was incredible and if only I could see them in a regular basis after the tour ended, I would.

 

Today, my manager and I are on our way to a meeting regarding an upcoming fashion show for the Seoul Fashion Week. The designer, who happens to be friends with some well-known Korean celebrities, is still considered a Rookie but already made a name in the fashion world.

 

After parking the car in front of an intricate looking shop, we both hopped down and walk inside. We are then greeted by the shop’s receptionist and were lead to a room at the back most part of the shop. I let my eyes wander around as I tail behind the two. There is a display rack in almost every corner of the receiving area and floor length mirrors placed across the cream colored walls. There’s also a mannequin, a boy and a girl, placed in the center dressed in matching pair of suit and dress. I have a feeling just by looking at the interior, and ambiance of the shop, that the designer is actually a she. Come to think of it Leeteuk hyung never mentioned the gender of this rookie designer.

 

We came into a stop in front of a rather large oak door. The receptionist knocks and came in after hearing a faint answer from the inside. Being a celebrity I am used to meet different people from different parts of the world and I thought five years is long enough to overcome the sudden flood of nervousness but guess it’s a natural response that will go with me until the end.

 

“Donghae-ah, are you alright? You’re trembling.” Leeteuk hyung asked once we’re left alone.

 

“Aside from the fact that I’m freaking nervous right now I’m hungry, hyung. You literally dragged me out of bed this morning without having anything.” I said, rubbing my tummy.

 

He pats my back and mutter, “after this I’ll treat you to your favorite restaurant.”

 

“You better be or else—”

 

I’m interrupted by the re-appearance of the receptionist saying that we can go inside already. She politely bowed at us before walking away. Leeteuk hyung is obviously smitten by her beauty from the very start that I just laugh at his failed attempt to ask for her name.

 

“You’re engaged already, hyung. Stop flirting around.”

 

“Sure I’m not flirting.” He said defensively.

 

“You’re practically drooling.” This time I’m the one who patted his back before pushing the door open.

 

 

-----*****-----

The first thing I noticed when I entered is the table in the center of the room which is currently loaded with stack of papers, open laptop, and unfinished cup of coffee. I let my eyes wander again and this time I noticed a familiar crystal snow ball placed in a table just beside the window together with other items the designer collects. I’m currently standing by the window bay when a familiar voice echoed the whole room.

 

“Leeteuk oppa!” the voice squealed like a fan girl and the same response was returned by the older man.

 

I didn’t bother to turn around and confirmed my assumption because my mind went blank almost instantly. Hell I could die at this same spot for holding my breath for too long.

 

“Donghae-ah, aren’t you going to greet Rachel?” I heard my hyung asked.

 

After battling with myself, I slowly turn around just to be enveloped in a tight hug by Rachel. I didn’t move to return the hug but managed to have the decency to not push her away.

 

“Hello, oppa.” she chimed, looking at me in arm’s length.

 

“Hi, Rachel.” I answered with a small smile.

 

She gestured me back to the cushioned chair with Leeteuk hyung looking like a complete fan boy because even now he still likes Rachel for me. After settling two cups of green peppermint tea in front of us, Rachel takes her seat behind the table.

 

I will not hide the fact that Rachel Kim still looks gorgeous since I last saw her, which is three years ago, and Choi Siwon is one lucky man to have such a trophy wife. Her hair is a little shorter and dyed honey brown unlike her natural black and long ones before. Her face, the birthmark on her neck, lips and nose are still the same. She’s the same Rachel I used to love but then everything is different now than what it was before.

 

She’s already engaged and I have Hyukjae now.

 

“You looked surprise when you saw me, oppa. I assumed Leeteuk oppa didn’t mentioned that I’m the one who invited you to the fashion show. Am I right?”

 

I give my manager a dagger look before answering, “No. I’m completely clueless until now.”

 

Leeteuk hyung didn’t try to defend himself because it’s obvious that he purposely kept the real identity of Rachel because he knew what my reaction will be.

 

“Don’t worry I will not keep you for too long. I know how busy you guys are.” She beamed but maintained a business like aura. “I’m having a two night show for the Seoul Fashion Week and I want you to take part of it.”

 

She handed both Leeteuk hyung and I a print out copy of the design layout containing sophisticated, well-designed suits. She separated the formal ones from the more stylish and colorful ones so it will be easier for us to look at.

 

“Since you look perfect in suits I specifically designed three of them to your liking, oppa. Take a look at the second page.”

 

“I agree with you, Rachel. Donghae looks perfect in every suit he wears.” My manager complimented, “and these designs are awesome. Too bad he can only choose one.”

 

“I have the same sentiment, Leeteuk oppa but I guess it’s better than not having him at all. By the way we’ll gonna have an after party that same night.” she opens the cabinet underneath her table and handed us four tickets, “each will have two tickets so you can bring along a date.”

 

I accepted my tickets and one person automatically registered in my mind to be my date – Hyukjae.

 

“Thank, Rachel. Count us in then.” hyung gleefully answered.

 

The awkwardness is too overwhelming but I chose not to do anything about it. Firstly, this is not a welcome party of any sort that I’m obliged to entertain guests moreover an ex. Secondly, I’m still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter