Chapter 13

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"MY HEART MIGHT BE BRUISED, BUT IT WILL RECOVER AND BECOME CAPABLE OF SEEING BEAUTY OF LIFE ONCE MORE. IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN, I'M SURE. WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES, IT'S BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS ABOUT TO ARRIVE --- I'LL FIND LOVE AGAIN." -PAULO COELHO, THE ZAHIR

 

DONGHAE POV

 

“Who was that?”

 

The familiar voice of my manager rang around the small waiting room we’re currently using since eight o’clock this morning. Before when I’m having photo shoot or commercial filming alone, I will only take four to five hours maximum to finish but since I have a partner for this new endorsement, I had to stay longer because the creative team wants to have some couple shots before calling it a day. I don’t see anything wrong with them taking my pictures and all it’s just that today I’m beyond exhausted and I want to throw myself in the comfort of my bed and sleep throughout the day.   

 

I look up at the older man standing by the now closed door, holding up a packed lunch for me.

 

“I called Hyukjae just to remind about the meeting later.”

 

He stepped closer to the vanity mirror as he handed me my lunch in which I happily received and starts digging in.

 

“And he confirmed his attendance?”

 

I nodded, too destructed with the food to answer.

 

Leeteuk hyung occupied the rather spacious couch beside the vanity chair I’m using and fished out his ever reliable cell phone. I’m pretty sure he’s checking my schedule for the rest of the month if not texting his fiancée. As people age, they tend to become more and more sappy I tell you. I’ve taken lots of example from my manager thank you very much.

 

“You know what until now I don’t get it why you picked Hyukjae. I mean you weren’t even acquainted with each other. Hell you look highly of yourself that no one outside your team gets to be close to you. Except maybe for Kyuhyun and I. So why?” the older man asked exasperated.

 

I finish another portion of my food, grabbed a paper napkin and wipe the side of my mouth before speaking,

 

“His gracefulness is beyond what I wanted in a dancer and his ideas are unique that I’m sure it’ll fit with what Chan Young and I wanted for the encore. I’m positive that upon reaching the end of this tour my popularity will soar ten times higher than what it is right now.” I cooed with extreme confidence which earned a scoffed from the older man.

 

“You mean you’re intending to use Hyukjae, his ideas and all then live him after? How rude,”

 

“Hyung. hyung. hyung. You sounded like I made him join us out of pity which is not true because he will be compensated like the others. I’m not that bad of a person you know, or maybe I am but not to that extent. I’m even willing to offer him my friendship.”

 

“Are you sure about that? I mean are you willing to open your life to a mere stranger?” he asked after gulping a good amount of water from his bottle. 

 

“You mean my family life? He already knew about mama and Ryeowook. I don’t want to elaborate on how he found out though. The important thing is that I’m sure he will not go and tell the world about my secret.”

 

“How can you be so sure?”

 

“I trust him enough to be sure, hyung.” I smiled before pushing myself up from the vanity chair to go to the bathroom.

 

“It’s so not like you but it’s a good start I guess. By the way, she’s coming back next week. Do you have any plans on meeting her? It’s been three years.”

 

My steps halted automatically when I heard the topic I considered a sore one up until the present time. Rachel Kim. My first love. My one and only princess. She was eighteen when I first met her at the inauguration party of Hotel Zeus that happens to be owned by her family. We talked throughout the party and I knew right there and then that I wanted to get to know her more. Before we go our separate ways, she allowed me to fetch her from school and spend time with each other. The getting-to-know-you stage ended after five months where she finally agreed to be officially my girlfriend. We are so happy and contented with our relationship that during our first anniversary in Paris I proposed to her in which she gleefully accepted. Three months after the engagement she disappeared without a word. I tried my very best to look for her but my hopes were crashed with the news that she left Korea to enter a fashion academy in New York and soon to be engage with Choi Siwon.

 

It’s been three years, yes, but I don’t think I’m ready to face her again. The pain, even though it’s been long over due, is still here inside my heart. Raw and painful.       

 

“I don’t have any plans to give her a grand welcome party. Not in a lifetime.” I said with finality and left for the bathroom.

 

-----*****----

It’s already thirty minutes passed six when we arrived at CJE Headquarters with two boxes of pizza and chicken. It’s the least I could do to compensate for being late. I asked Leeteuk hyung to go ahead of me for I badly needed to piss. Once I’m done, I entered the lift and pressed the appropriate button. The moment the metal doors parted like a curtain, I hurriedly dragged my feet out of the elevator and unto the conference room.  

 

I’m already outside the door, hands on the metal knob, when I heard the ever irritated voice of Chan Young. I will not hide the fact that he does have his moments of iness only because he’s a perfectionist. The whole CJE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter