Chapter 22

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"TRUST IS LIKE A PAPER ONCE IT'S CRUMPLED , IT CAN'T BE PERFECT AGAIN."

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

DAY 4

 

The next day, Ryeowook didn’t show himself in class making me nervous and worried at the same time. I will not hide the fact that I’m also guilty for what happened yesterday that’s why I’m planning to have a talk with him today but he’s not here. At the back of my mind I figured this day will eventually come but still, I didn’t expect things to end this way.

 

After my afternoon class ended, I quickly hailed a cab and went straight to Donghae’s place hoping to catch a glimpse of the younger. Once arrived, I ring the bell outside the gate but no one answers. I tried again for the second, third, and fourth time but still, no response. I slide myself down beside the stone foundation of the gate and fished out my phone. I thought of calling Ryeowook but we haven’t exchanged numbers yet so I decided to ask Donghae directly.

 

From: Hyukkie

Subject: Hi!

To: My Donghae

 

East sea namja,

 

Good afternoon, handsome ^^ are you awake already? Sorry for disturbing but I have to ask you for Ryeowook’s cell phone number. He forgot to return my book and I’m afraid he already left the university.

 

One more day and you’ll be home again. Can’t wait to see you!

 

Hyukjae

I lied. Yes, I know, but I have no other choice. I badly want to talk to Ryeowook, to somehow explain myself, but I have no idea about his whereabouts and that frustrates me to death. It took me another half an hour before receiving a reply.

 

From: My Donghae

Subject: In-laws’s house…

To: Hyukkie

 

Babe,

 

Sorry again for the late response. I just woke up from a nap. ^^ he happened to call me last night and mentioned about spending the rest of the week at Kyu’s family house. Maybe he’s there now. Anyway, do save his number.  01-01444660-111-17

 

Can’t wait to kiss and hold you, babe ^^

 

Donghae

After sending Donghae my reply, I saved the number he gave and pushed myself up from the cold pavement. I walk for a minute or two until my feet automatically stopped in a small playground. I occupy the swing as I mentally rehearse what I want to tell the younger. Once I’m confident enough, I dial the number and patiently wait for the other to pick up.

 

“Hello?” Ryeowook uncertainly answered.

 

“Wookie it’s me, Hyukjae hyung. Are you busy? C-can we talk?”

 

“No, I’m not busy hyung. Sure. Where will I meet you?”

 

Thinking that it’s not a good idea to invite him yet to another café, I decided to just meet him here.

 

“You know the playground two blocks away from your house? I’ll wait for you here. If that’s okay with you.”

 

“I’m completely fine with it. See you, hyung. Bye.”

 

“Yeah, bye.”

 

Twenty minutes later, Ryeowook came and we transferred in one of the benches surrounding the playground. Clouds were turning gray symbolizing an impending downpour.

 

“What do you want to talk about, hyung?” Ryeowook asked but his eyes were looking anywhere else but me.

 

“About Sungmin and Kyuhyun,” I breathed nervously.

 

“What about them?”

 

“I had met Kyuhyun the same day you showed yourself in class. He was talking to Sungmin in the same café we went to yesterday and I have no idea they used to date because Minnie never mentioned him to me. On the other hand, I knew nothing about Kyuhyun and Kui Xian being the same person. It took me a while to put two and two together. Donghae even gave me hints because I’m really clueless.”

 

“Do you know that he wanted to get back with Kyuhyun?”

 

“Not until two days ago.” I claimed, “And being his best friend I didn’t approved or even entertained the idea of it.”

 

“And why is that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter