Chapter 24

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"THERE'S NO CHANGING YOUR MIND ABOUT WHOM YOU LOVE. THAT'S PART OF THE THOUGH THING ABOUT BEING IN LOVE - IT'S SORT OF UNDENIABLE." -PIPER PERABO

 

DONGHAE POV

 

“Ssshhh… you’re not like that to me, baby. Never. And your mom – maybe Rachel too – have reasons for what they’ve done. Ssshhh… I’m here now, right? I will never leave you. I love you so much, baby.”

 

He protectively wrapped his arms around me as I try to absorb his words. Yes. I’m well aware, from the time we shared the same bed, that Hyukjae is in love with me but I didn’t voice it out because at that time I wasn’t sure if I really feel the same way towards him or I’m just comfortable with the idea of him never leaving my side – which for me is a big factor – but now that he mentioned it in the most unexpected time, I suddenly feel too exposed and vulnerable.

 

For a moment I didn’t answer him but relax in his embrace with my eyes closed. I let my mind drift to those days I’ve spent with this man.  Those simple yet worth remembering days of endless laughter, teasing, bickering, sappiness and meaningful talks. The duration of our getting-to-know-you stage maybe shorter than those of normal couples does but he brought a certain spark that made me crave for him almost every day of my life. The intensity of my feelings for him might be a little excessive, I know this, but I can’t help it.

 

“Say that again,” I shifted a little so we are facing each other, fingers entwined.

 

“What?” he averted his misty eyes away and looked down.

 

“Say that you love me again, babe. Please. I need to hear it.” I pleaded as I lift his chin using my idle hand.

 

“I love you.” he purred.

 

“I love you too.” I answered before wiping his tears away and placing a soft kiss on top of his hair.

 

We stay glued to each other’s like koalas for the next couple of minutes until I feel him stirring.

 

His eyes were still puffy but still captivating, “does that mean we’re official now?”

 

I nodded, “unless you don’t want to.”

 

“Of course I want to, pabo! I’m just surprised. I thought you’ll freak out if I say it randomly.” He once again adjusted himself but this time he’s the one who rested his head onto my lap.

 

“Why would I freak out hmm? It’s not like you’re expecting me to say otherwise.” I started to play with his soft locks while he took my other hand into his.

 

“To be honest, I thought it will take you a lifetime to admit your feelings for me and I tried my best to not keep my hopes up just in case things don’t go as planned.”

 

“Silly,”

 

“Indeed and your extreme clinginess don’t do me favors either. Not that I’m complaining because I have my days too wherein I want to be next to you every damn minute of the day but your busy schedules permits me not to.” He then placed a soft kiss at the back of my hand that automatically made me smile.

 

“Now that we’re officially together does it mean I can be openly gay too? I don’t want to keep you just because it’s too risky for my career. I’d like to tell the world that I’m going out with the most kind, understanding and loving man that is you… Lee Hyukjae.”

 

I felt him tensed under my touch that I already know his answer without him telling me.

 

“Baby, as much as I want the whole world to know about us we really can’t jeopardize everything you’ve gain in the past five years. If we are in the world wherein there are no consequences of every action that we make, believe me I’m more than willing to out the both of us but sadly we aren’t in that world. As much your love is blinding me I tried to keep my eyes open because reality is always cruel when it strikes.”

 

“How come Kyuhyun can go out freely with my brother yet his career is intact if not soaring with success. It’s just unfair. Always unfair.”

 

“Because they make sure that when they go out it’s always a group date and not an intimate late night trip to the Han River. Besides, netizens view Ryeowook as a good friend. Some even thinking that they’re blood related. How cool is that?”

 

“We can say we’re cousins then. Yours and my surname are both Lee’s so there’s nothing wrong about spotting us together and technically you’re also a CJE employee.”

 

“Baby, if you’re afraid that I’ll love you any less if you keep me as your dirty little secret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter