Chapter 5

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A FATHER MAY TURN HIS BACK ON HIS CHILD, BROTHERS AND SISTERS MAY BECOME INVETERATE ENEMIES, HUSBANDS MAY DESERT THEIR WIVES, WIVES THEIR HUSBANDS. BUT A MOTHER'S LOVE ENDURES THROUGH ALL." -WASHINGTON IRVING

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

 

Ever since the day Leeteuk hyung talked to me about the proposal, sleep and I became enemies for days now and it wasn’t something likeable at all. Hell sleeping is my number one refuge from all the school works and yet I’m not privileged to complete at least five hours of uninterrupted sleep. I think I should have a descent talk with mom about this or I will definitely lose my sanity.

 

After making sure I have all the things I needed for school, I skip my way downstairs and into the kitchen. Good smelling food always put me at ease and today is not an exception. I scoot back the chair and settled in, my school stuff placed on the vacant chair beside me.

 

“Morning mom,” I greeted her after sipping on my coffee.

 

Even if I’m a strawberry maniac by heart, coffee is something I can’t say no to especially in the morning. I prefer it to be black with little sugar and no cream. My mom and I have the same coffee preference and sometimes if I have nothing to do on weekends, we go out for a coffee date. We enjoy our quality time like that, not too expensive but enjoyable.

 

She placed a plate full of food in front of me and takes her sit, “morning son,” she reached for a hand to ruffle my hair, “mom is sorry for not waiting for you last night. I fell asleep right after watching Radio Star. The female guest was obviously flirting with Kyuhyunnie and I don’t like it at all.”

 

My mom rolled her eyes making me chuckle with amusement, “why are you so affected anyway? It’s not like you want Kyuhyun to be yours.” I said while munching my food in concentration.

 

“Watch your mouth, young man. It’s not good to say such thing. I’m like the age of her mother and your late father will not be happy with that. I’m still loyal to him.”

 

What my mother said is true. Even though my father died for years now, she remained devoted to him. If my memory serves me right she once said her co-worker shows interest on her but she politely turned him down. It’s not like she’s picky when it comes to meeting other men nor she turned to be a man hater or something. She just vowed to my father that no matter what happen, she will not going to marry again.

 

I gulp a good amount of water before turning again to her with a knowing smile, “sorry mom. I’m just joking. So, how come you don’t like the female guest? Was she that ugly or her plastic surgery doesn’t look that good?”

 

“Honestly, she’s quite young and pretty but her humor doesn’t fit the show. She was more like flirting with Kyuhyun in particular. She’s not like that to the other MCs.”

 

I nodded as not to ruin her already ruined mood. It’s too early in the morning to get into her bad side.

 

I let another minute pass by before I open my mouth again to speak.

 

“Mom, can I ask you something?”

 

From her own plate of food, she raise her head answered with a soft “hmmm”

 

“What if you’re given a chance to showcase your talent but you’re too afraid to comply?”

 

She tilts her head to the side, eyes judging my every move.

 

“Are you pertaining to yourself, Hyuk?” she directly asked which I kind of expected already but I still feel the hairs on the back of my neck rising.

 

“Uhmm… yes mom.” there’s no point in keeping it from her so might as well tell the truth.

 

“Tell me more,” she encouraged.

 

“Donghae asked me to join his team for the encore conc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter