Chapter 35

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXCEPT FOR YOUR EMPTY SPACE

EVERYTHING IS THE SAME

MY HEART MUST BE BROKEN

CAN'T SEEM TO ACCEPT THAT I SENT YOU AWAY

ALL MY LOVE IS NOW IN VAIN

 

 

 

DONGHAE POV

 

As the director signaled us to have a break, I hurriedly dragged myself inside the tent especially made for today’s outdoor scene. There’s nothing special inside other than the necessities such as vanity mirror with lots of make-up, hair products, and accessories. Also they placed a single folding bed just in case I needed a quick nap, couple of chairs, a separate table for bottled water and snacks, and of course racks of clothes and shoes. Since the weather is a little humid and dry, I switched on the fan to its highest before settling down in the bed, raising my tired feet up in a mono block chair. Unfortunately for me the moment I’m about to close my eyes my phone starts buzzing inside my pocket. Fishing it out my eyebrows raised when I learned who the caller was.

 

“Donghae,” I answered.

 

“Sorry for interrupting, Mr. Lee but I found something unusual about Mr. Choi.” Park Minhwan is the person I assigned to keep an eye on Siwon. He’s been with us ever since I was twelve and I only have good words for him. Not to mention he works meticulously. 

 

“Speak,” I encouraged. My mind hyped up immediately.

 


“Yesterday, 4:00 in the afternoon, Hyukjae-ssi and Mr. Choi met each other in an old carnival near Paran Boys Academy. Their conversation lasted for forty six minutes.” The man in his late thirties affirmed.

 

The news made me jolt up from the comfort of the folding bed and started pacing around the small space.

 

“I need details.”

 

“I’m currently working on it, sir.” The man answered. “Another point I want to make is that your shares in Tainan Corporation dropped by twenty percent. I’m currently looking out for the possibilities that Choi Group have to do something with it.”

 

“That’s huge.”

 

“But not huge enough to take your place as the major stock holder. The performance of Tainan has been dropping constantly for six months though.”

 

“I know. I’ve been reading the reports but I still want to give them a chance, last chance to prove to me the worth of their company. Please coordinate with Kim Youngwoon about it and report back to me.”

 

“Gladly, Mr. Lee. Have a good day.” he’s about to hang-up when I stopped him.

 

“Don’t mention this to my grandmother. Let Youngwoon-ssi knows that as well. Thank you.”

 

What the actual is happening? I made sure Hyukjae is aware what kind of person Choi Siwon is but still he met him. Is there something I still don’t know about Hyukjae? Is he hiding a secret from me?

 

Just when I’m about to loose control, Leeteuk hyung came in. “What’s wrong, Donghae-ah?”

 

I look at him intently before shaking my head.

 

“Director Im is calling for you already. He said if you can finish all your scenes in one take, we can go home early.”

 

I pocketed my phone and bypassed him without saying anything. A part of me wanted to runaway to confront Hyukjae about what Mr. Park had said but the other side of me told me otherwise. I wanted answers but I can’t leave just yet.

 

The moment I stepped in the filming set I locked away my personal issues and reclaimed the persona of David, the character I’m currently portraying.

 

-----*****-----

Before the clock strikes seven I’m already in the driveway of the Lee mansion, still furious. Leaving the engine on and not bothering to close the door either, I hopped down from the car and make my way inside.

 

“Lee Hyukjae!” I yelled the moment my feet stepped inside the living room. Clouded by enormous amount of pent-up emotions and questions I didn’t noticed the presence of Ryeowook who is standing by the hallway leading to the kitchen.

 

“He’s not yet home, hyung.” the youngster informed, walking his way towards me. “Mr. Kang said he went out this afternoon. Is there something wrong?”

 

“Can you call him? I tried several times but it always goes to his voicemail. I’ll be in the study.”

 

“Y-yes hyung,”

 

I made my way up to my study and locked myself in. I don’t know what to think anymore. Surely Choi Siwon got something on his sleeve and he’s going to use it to put me down. He’s been doing miracles to chase away potential investors from Lee Holdings for months now and even though they are kind of small companies  compared to the ones we are currently tied on, the fact that he’s been doing it purposely ring some bells already, huge bells that is. And now he’s also starting to pester my personal life.  

 

I tiredly poured myself a glass of whiskey before plopping down the swivel chair, looking extremely lost. I’m the type of person who doesn’t take trust as a joke. When I trust someone I trust them hard. And it hurts to know that someone, my boyfriend nonetheless, didn’t trust me as much. I mean from the very start I trusted him, from the secret of having a half brother to the dark secret about my broken family. From my failed relationship to my reunion with my mother. He knew everything about me, both good and bad, yet he kept something this huge from me. I respected the fact that maybe he got scared and all but it doesn’t justify the fact that he doesn’t trust me enough to handle this, to protect him.

 

As I’m intently preoccupied with different scenarios later when I confront Hyukjae, my eyes caught a glimpse of what looks like a photo hidden underneath the stack of papers atop my desk. I reached for the questioned object and my eyes widen in shock when I learned that it was me and Hyukjae in front my door, of my very own home, kissing. Whoever took this photo is goddamn professional and managed to have ninja skills to be able to capture such picture around the vicinity of the manor. Turning the photo I saw a message that I’m sure came from Siwon.

 

 

 

Surprise! Surprise! How’d you like these photos of you and your lover? I’m about to send these to Kim Media House but then I thought you want to have a sneak peek.

 

01-03488850-855-00 I’ll expect your call.

 

CSW

 

You son of a ! You just wait Choi Siwon and I’ll crush you until you have no face to show. Mess with Hyukjae and you’ll face hell.

 

-----*****-----

After talking with Mr. Park and finishing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter