Chapter 34

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SOMETIMES THERE IS NOT A RIGHT CHOICE. SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TO MAKE THE CHOICE THAT CAUSES THE LEAST HARM, BECAUSE IN THE END THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO GETS HURT."

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

When I went home that night I feel like throwing up. My energy was drained as if I had danced for eights hours straight. With a silent prayer that no one is at home yet, I stagger my way inside the mansion, up the staircase and into the comfort of our room. I don’t feel like doing anything other than sleep hoping that when I wake up everything is back to normal again. But I’m sure it’s not possible because this is reality. The harsh reality wherein people trying to inflict pain towards other just to placate their enormous egos.

 

Deciding to relax my tensed muscles, I quickly went to the bathroom and stripped down my clothes. I fill the large egg-shapes tub with water and pour in some expensive bath oil, which starts to foam immediately. Lightning one candle out of my lover’s collection, I let a minute passed before I let myself submerge to the warm, aromatic, and soothing water.

 

I let the water do its job as I slowly close my eyes, tired from all the happenings this afternoon. To be honest, choice B is kind of tempting because even though Siwon can really buy all of my man’s shares and all, for sure Donghae had invested his money elsewhere leaving no room for him to be totally broke. Like I said I love, and will love, Donghae whether he’s a billionaire or just a simple Korean citizen but will his grandmother take it well? I doubt she would. And I’m certain her hate for me will escalate to a whole different level if she found out I’m the one who caused it, though indirectly.

 

I flutter my eyes open when I heard a shuffling noise outside the door. I glance at the clock above the mirror and saw that it’s already past 8 in the evening. Donghae must be on his way home.

 

I close my eyes again as I ponder on choice A. Choice A is painful, way painful than when I lost Choco, my pet dog when I was in middle grade because I had to leave Donghae permanently. But in the long run he will benefit from my departure. His career will not suffer any blow of scandalous report and his company will be soaring higher and eventually outshine Choi Group. The consequences will be hard for the both of us, I know this, but it’s for Donghae. Donghae is worth every sacrifice.

 

When I open my eyes again, a stark Donghae came face-to-face with me.

 

“Can I join you?” he asked and I give him a nod as an answer.

 

He sits at the opposite end of the bath, which is very full – so full that the slightest movement makes the water laps over the side and splashes to the floor.

 

“What did you do today?” Donghae asked, reaching for my right foot. He starts massaging my soles, pulling gently on my toes.

 

“Nothing much,” I moaned when he bites my little toe. “Just the usual, Thesis and some unfinished office work.”

 

He continues with his ministrations, now with my left foot.

 

“Hmmm…” I hear myself saying. Sure I’m enjoying this.

 

“Hae, can you hug me?” I asked.

 

Smiling, he gestured me to lie between his legs, good amount of water splashing out of the tub. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, my back on his front, my feet resting on top of his. He intermittently kisses my hair as he hugged me tight. I can almost feel the fast beating of his heart. 

 

“You’re affectionate tonight.” He said while gently caressing my skin. “Are you feeling well?”

 

“I’m just so happy I get to see you before retiring to bed. I missed you.” I admitted, absentmindedly popping the bubbles in the foam surrounding us.

 

I felt him smile against my neck. As much as I wanted us to stay like this I know he came from a long filming day and that he needed to be in bed soon.

 

“Are you relaxed enough? Can we finish this and go to bed?” he suggested and I had to agree because I’m tired myself.

 

-----*****-----

“Baby, have you told Rachel about Lee Holdings?” I asked my lover when we are already cuddled in bed with him spooning me from behind.

 

He sighed behind my ear. “No,”

 

“Why?”

 

“Back then I was so in love to care about her knowing that side of me. I planned on telling her though. Before our wedding but then she left. Thinking about it now, I realized it’s a blessing that I didn’t get the chance to tell her. I wouldn’t want her to hold so much information about me, would I babe?”

 

“But why did you tell me?”

 

“It’s because I’m certain that you’ll be my last, my other half.”

 

A pang of guilt conglomerates in the pit of my stomach. Can I really hurt this man here? Can I really sacrifice my happiness for him?
 

“Is this a marriage proposal?” I joked.

 

“Maybe yes, maybe no.” he reached for the sheets to cover us properly. “Don’t think too much and just sleep. Goodnight babe.”

 

“You’re hopeless sometimes but God I love you.” I prompted as I clasped our fingers together in front of my chest.

 

“Good. Because I love you too,” He planted a soft kiss in my temple as he snuggled closer.

 

‘MAYBE IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO RE-THINK ABOUT YOUR PLAN, HYUKJAE. TALK TO SOMEONE BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE.’

 

-----*****------

 As much as Donghae wanted to stay and spend time with me, he can’t let the production team hanging. I was thrilled to see his Lamborghini parked in the driveway.

 

“You drive with this last night?” I asked Donghae as we stand in front of the ludicrous piece of car.    

 

“Yup,” he then wore his aviator before capturing my lips for a kiss. “I’m going to use it more frequently until I feel like keeping it again. Should I change the color, babe? What do you think?”

 

I reach for the collar of his shirt, fixing it dearly. “Red looks good to me.”

 

“Right, let’s keep the red then.”

 

“You should go. I’ll see you later.” I tiptoed to kiss him briefly.

 

“I don’t want to leave you here. How about you come with me?”

 

“I’d rather not.” I chuckle. “I think I’ll go window shopping after I’m done with my paper works.”

 

“That you should do.” he’s about to locate his wallet when I stopped him, knowing exactly what he’s about to do.

 

“I have my money. Keep that gold card of yours.”

 

“But—”

 

I interrupted him with a kiss. “Go now, baby. I love you.”

 

“Alright, you win. laters, babe. Love you too.”

 

-----*****-----

It’s already past 2 in the afternoon when I finished my work and so I decided to have a quick bath and just eat out when I feel like it. I need to unwind, to re-think, and re-organize my mind before making the most difficult decision of my life to date. Thirty minutes later I found myself strolling along different fashion boutiques in Gangnam-do. I don’t intend to buy anything because this side of Seoul has the most expensive brands of almost everything and to be honest I don’t have that kind of money to spend. I just let my eyes shifted from couple to couple having mid-afternoon dates. I envied them somehow. I may have a boyfriend but our life is a lot complicated than any couples and if I could borrow their spot for a day, I’ll do it. I dreamed to hold my lover’s hand in public. To be able to kiss him without making it to the headlines the day after. To enjoy normal dates and finally to be able to spend forever with him without being judge by almost half of the Korean society.

 

As I turn to the corner my eyes caught the familiar building that houses the 2nd store of Moldir. A relieved smile spread across my face when I thought about Jaejoong hyung. He might help me with this endeavor. Well, not that I will base my decision to someone else’s but its good to have options and insights from a much experienced person and right now Jung Jaejoong is the best option.

 

I crossed the street and padded my way towards the store. There’s about five customers inside and two uniformed personnel plus a bouncer man standing outside the glass door.

 

I strain my neck to check if the pretty man is somewhere inside but I can’t see him even in the counter area. I belatedly realized that today is Sunday and I don’t know any big boss who works on weekends. Before loosing my hope entirely, I gather all the courage to ask the rather large man in front of me.

 

“Excuse me ahjussi but is Jaejoong hyung inside?”

 

“Why are you asking, kid? Are you a fan?”

 

‘FAN? IS HE AN IDOL OR SOMETHING? WHY WOULD HE HAVE FANS?’

 

“Ani,” I answered, fiddling with my fingers. “I’m his uhmm…”

 

“He’s my friend, Taehun.” The familiar voice of Jaejoong hyung came from the back of the large man who’s blocking my view of him.

 

In few seconds I’m face to face with the pretty man and I couldn’t deny the fact that Yunho hyung is indeed lucky to have him as his… uhmm wife, I guess?

 

“Hyukjae-ah, it’s good to see you again. Come in.” Jaejoong hyung invited me and as if my feet have a mind of its own, I followed him inside.

 

We bypassed the customers and all of the personnel as he led me upstairs to his private office. One thing I noticed is that like Heechul he has this red executive chair behind his huge office table that is full of different papers, some of which are sketches of bags and wallets.

 

“Have a sit.” He gesture the black couch facing the glass window as he prepare two cups of what seems like tea. “I hope tea is fine with you. I don’t drink coffee.”

 

“I’m fine with tea.” I answered.

 

The room is not as huge as President Lee’s back in Crossfire101 but the design and furniture makes it more spacious and somehow relaxing. Aside from the super red executive chair, the framed picture of the Jungs hanging up in the wall definitely caught my at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter