Chapter 2

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LIFE OPENS UP OPPORTUNITIES TO YOU,  AND YOU EITHER TAKE THEM OR YOU STAY AFRAID OF TAKING THEM." - JIM CARREY

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

Few minutes after the unexpected encounter with Donghae, I settled in my usual table – the one near the glass window – speechless. My senses came back with the soothing aroma of my favorite hot chocolate prepared by the owner himself, Lee Sungmin.

 

“Thanks, Sungmin-ah!” I said as he put down the hot beverage together with a plate of blueberry muffin.

 

He eyed me speculatively. “If I’m not mistaken, you owe me one hell of explanation, Lee Hyukjae.”

 

“But I didn’t do anything.”

 

“Oh yeah? How come I heard you yelling at one of my costumers? Not to mention he’s Lee Donghae! God gracious Hyuk! That big mouth of yours knows no boundaries!” he said, exasperated.

 

“Have you heard him insult me, Minnie-ah? It isn’t fair that I only got the blaming and hate. He insulted me first! And even though he’s all handsome and talented and famous, it doesn’t mean he can go and yell someone like that moreover call me stupid!”

 

The older man occupied the chair across mine and grinned.

 

“Knowing you for so long, I know there’s something about Donghae that hyped you to actually answer back. You were born with unexplainable patience that sometimes I get annoyed big time but earlier you yelled at him which is very unusual. Do you perhaps like him? I really don’t mind if you do.”

 

I almost choked on my drink, coughing a bit. Wincing at the slight burning in my throat, I looked up at my best friend, “What are you saying?”

 

“I asked you if you like Donghae.” he repeated, a hint of frustration entering his voice.

 

I stared at him, eyes full of uncertainty.

 

“I don’t know… I mean yes… I like him but… I don’t know… it’s just complicated.”

 

“Love shouldn’t be complicated, Hyukjae-ah.” He breathed, grabbing my hands that rest on either side of the mug. “You’re 23 years old yet you never experience an actual date. If you like Donghae that much, go for it. There’s no harm in trying.”

 

“Minnie-ah, I don’t know where to start.”

 

“I’m not pressuring you to date him. All I ask you to do is to make him notice you and maybe in that way things will fall to your advantage.”

 

“I think you’re right. The fact that he knows my name, my occupation and that I’m younger than him makes me feel ecstatic. But…”

 

I chew the insides of my cheek as I remember something.

 

“But what?”

 

“Earlier he asked me to call him hyung.”

 

“You don’t like that, I supposed?”

 

“Who would? It’s like I’m hyung zoned.”

 

“I’d like that more than seen zoned, honestly.”

 

He pulled himself up and almost ready to leave when I called him.

 

“Thanks, Sungmin-ah.”

 

“No worries, Hyuk. That’s what friends do. Enjoy your food. I’ll just be in the kitchen.”

 

-----*****-----

5:30 pm, CJE Entertainment Dance Hall

 

“One and two and three and four… turn and five and six and seven… STOP! STOP!”

 

I turn and face – the idols – my students with disdain.

 

“What’s happening with you guys? I thought we already polished the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter