Chapter 27

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"PUTTING YOUR LOVE, TRUST, AND UNDERSTANDING TO EACH OTHER LITTLE BY LITTLE, DAY BY DAY IS THE PERFECT RECIPE FOR A STRONGER RELATIONSHIP."

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

Thursday night, Lee Residence

 

“I really hope you’re going with me, Hyuk. It will be our first plane ride together.”

 

I chuckle at the cute whining of my boyfriend who’s comfortably sitted in the couch across his bed, munching some homemade cookies by Ryeowook. Tomorrow morning he’ll be leaving for Japan together with the rest of the team in preparation for the encore on Sunday.

 

After ensuring that I have place the necessities Hae might be needing for the short trip on top of the king sized bed, I walk over to his walk-in closet, locating the small luggage bag underneath the wooden cabinet housing his watch collection.

 

“I know, Hae and I feel bad too but I have no other choice because the exam is a major one.”

 

“Good thing Lixu will be going with you though and we’ll be together by dinner time.”

 

I didn’t bother to answer him because I’m too engrossed in what I’m doing until I feel the familiar arms looped around my waist from the back.

 

“You look like a domesticated wife by packing my clothes for me, babe.” he whispered.

 

“Sure I’m not the wife.” I clarified.

 

“For me you are so your argument is invalid.” he playfully smacked my before pulling away and padded his way back to the couch he vacated, “can you spend the night here, babe?”

 

I put the last few pieces of clothing inside the luggage and zip it to a close, “I have to do some readings, Hae and mom will be waiting for me. Sorry.”

 

“I knew it.” he shook his head and navigates his phone instead.

 

Smiling, I shuffle my way towards him and sit in his lap. I then grab his phone, click the camera button and take some hilarious pictures of us. It’s always fun to have this kind of time with Donghae. I always love to hear his contagious, humorous laughing fits. I would pay a good amount of money to see his sparkling eyes when smiling and the pouty lips when he’s being cute. 

 

We’re catching our breaths by the time we decided to stop. He let me straddle him and placed his arms around my waist for support. We give each other rain kisses intermittently until we both fell into a comfortable silence.

 

Things are happening quite fast to my liking but never did I say anything because I will not lie, I love every damn minute of it, and I feel like I’m the luckiest man because I am Donghae’s other half.

 

“Let’s have dinner,” I encourage the man who was done placing a hickey few inches below my collar bone.

 

“Perfect,” he said, admiring the mark he made.

 

“You naughty fish! What if my mom sees it? What explanation will I give her?” I franticly rub the red mark but he slapped my hand away.

 

“You’ll just make it redder, pabo! Wear my shirt instead.” he fisted the middle part of my shirt, “this one is almost a see-through. Your nippies are visible. I don’t like it.”

 

“That’s why I wear a plaid shirt over it.” I reasoned.

 

“You will wear my shirt. End of conversation.”

 

On the other hand I sometimes feel that Donghae is being unreasonably controlling. May it be towards my clothing, the restaurant we’ll be ordering take-out, or the movies we’ll be watching. I don’t mind obeying him every now and then because they’re just small things anyway but I’m worried that if it continues he will eventually dominate our relationship. 

 

“Baby?” I called him softly.

 

“Hmmm…” he lazy answered.

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure,”

 

“What happened to your parents?”

 

Ryeowook had share bits and pieces about them but never did Donghae talk about them himself. I figured it’s a painful one so I never push him to tell me, well, not until now. My boyfriend knew about me, my family, and my past but I, on the other hand, knew so little about him.

 

“What do you want to know about them?”

 

“Everything you want me to know about them.” I put my free hand over to his back, running it continuously to sooth his inner turmoil.

 

Donghae didn’t speak for about a minute until his muscles relaxed and begin talking.

 

“I grew up in a normal family – or that was I thought I had – because I have a mom and dad. We are living in a huge house, we have cars and we have lots of money. Mama cooks for me and Papa everyday. She plays with me after Papa went to work. She helps me with my homework. She sings and read stories for me every night. My young mind thought I had the perfect family.”

 

Donghae smiled at the memories but soon replaced with a frown.

 

“One stormy night when I was seven, I went to my parent’s room because of a loud thunder when I saw how Papa hit Mama continuously until she was almost dead. Mama was blooded and clutching her stomach tightly. I run to her side and though she’s in pain she managed to open her eyes and say how much she loves me. I was crying so hard when Papa called me from the other side of the room. He was drunk but articulately muttered the words I’ll never forget.”

 

Donghae starts trembling that I almost fell on my due to his unexpected movement.

 

“He said… he… said… I was a product of … and that Mama thought of aborting me. He called her a deceitful . He just stood there and did nothing to help Mama.”

 

“Oh Hae…” I enclosed him safely in my arms amidst the initial resistance.

 

“She was rushed to the hospital but still too late to save her 2nd child.”

 

The derailed man cries as if he never cried before and I found myself crying for him as well.

 

“I counted for days until Mama came home five days later. I was happy because we can play again but I always caught him crying and talking to her tummy. She was like that for two weeks until slowly she regained her normal self. I thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter