Chapter 25

Beyond What is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"ONCE IN A WHILE, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE"

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

“When did it happen? Tell me he gave you a ring. Tell me son. Tell me.”

 

“Last night, it was a simple confession mom. And no there’s no ring. Why would he give me a ring? He’s not proposing… not yet.” I grin at her.

 

Both my mom and I are having a nice breakfast when I opened the topic of the happenings last night. At first I was hesitant to tell her about my new found relationship with Donghae but then I realized I’m the one responsible for that because I am her son. I should at least give my boyfriend a breather by putting less in his shoulders.

 

“A couple ring. You know a simple representation of your commitment to each other. Most couples have it.”

 

“I would love my boyfriend with or without a couple ring, mom.”

 

Reaching across the table, she holds my hand and squeeze it lightly.

 

“I’m sure your dad is also happy for you, son.”

 

“Are you sure about that mom? Your son is gay and in a homoual relationship with another man. It isn’t something you both can admit during church and brag about at work.”

 

She slide out of her chair and padded around my chair. She comfortingly draped her arms around my neck and I found myself leaning against her arms.

 

“Gay or not, you’re still our son and as long as Donghae makes you happy, we are happy.”

 

“Oh mom, I love you and dad too. Thank your for always understanding me.”

 

“That’s what we do, son. And we love you too, always.”

 

We resume breakfast and I volunteered to do the dishes thereafter since I still have quite plenty of time to spare.

 

“I’ll go ahead, son. See you later.”

 

“By the way mom, don’t wait for me later. Donghae invited me to a party and it’ll end pretty late so you can sleep ahead of me.”

 

“Oh is that it? Alright then. Just be careful okay?” she checks on her wrist watch again, “I’m running really late. Say hi to Donghae for me, okay? Bye, son! I love you.”

 

“Love you too, mom.”

 

-----*****-----

As I’m getting ready to leave the house someone buzz the doorbell. I walk over to the door and check on the peephole. The unfamiliar man is wearing a white button down shirt and black fitted jeans while holding a huge neatly wrapped box. My curiosity got the best of me and I push open the door.

 

The man, who I think is in his early twenties, greeted me politely.

 

“Yes? How may I help you?” I asked, still looking at the box he’s holding.

 

“I have a delivery for Lee Hyukjae.” He answered, smiling at me.

 

“I am Lee Hyukjae.” I admitted.

 

“Ohh… Hyukjae-ssi this is for you.” finally, he handed me the box which to my surprise is kind of light considering the size.

 

“T-thanks, but I’m not expecting anything from anybody. Could you perhaps tell me who the sender is?”

 

“There’s a card there,” he pointed the small card placed at the center of the box and grin, “have a good day, Hyukjae-ssi.” even before I could thank him again, he’s already gone.

 

I went back inside together with the huge box and settled in the couch. I reach for the card and starts reading it.

 

 

Wear these tonight. Someone will pick you up 7’clock s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter