Jung Hyerim

Don't Play With My Heart

" Ahhhhhhhhhh "

 

Eunji is woken up by the sudden heat on her arm.

 

" Ahhh."

 

She is and she tries to get up from the bed. She gives a glance to Naeun and she is relieved as the later is still sleeping soundly beside her.

 

" Ahhhh. It's hurt."

 

She whispers while she is pressing in her arm by her palm and getting up from the bed. She walks into the bathroom with drunken-like steps and locks it.

 

" Huh!!! "

 

She is breathing heavily and sits down on the marble floor as she can't bear the pain anymore. She undo the buttons and takes off the shirt.

 

And when she checks her arm which is burning hot, she is about to scream in fear.

 

" No. It can't be."

 

She said and her eyes get teary.

 

She is looking at the tattoo on her arm which is in the form of a golden phoenix and thinking of what to do.

 

The tattoo is swollen and red hot. This occurs only when they are near. Eunji knows very well that they are coming to her.

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

Three years ago.......

 

 

She is running in the forest as fast as she can for her life. And she knows they are still following her so she can't stop her steps.

 

Her name is Jung Hyerim and she is under the control of the soulkeepers although she is a vampire. There are many other vampires like her in the team but she becomes more and more afraid of to be on soulkeepers side and kill the same man kind like her.

 

So she decides to run away from them. The leaders of their teams are so great and so scary so she couldn't find the right time to run away.

 

But after they have killed another vampire girl who just transformed by someone, she really hates this soulkeepers and decides to run away.

 

But she has already known that the running is not that easy. When she was not far away from them, they know and they send the other vampires to kill her.

 

" Hyerim!!! We are surrounding you. So there is no way to escape!! "

 

She hears the shout and frozes for a few second. But she decides not to stop and she continues to run.

 

" Hyerim!! Where are you going?? "

 

With that voice, a girl jumps down from the tree beside her.

 

" Choa-ya! "

 

" Hyerim, let me give you advice. Please come back with us and beg the soulkeepers to forgive you. This is the best way we can do."

 

She and Choa are close friends. After a vampire killed her sister, Choa becomes more rough and tough than like always.

 

Hyerim sighs and she shakes her head.

 

" No. They will not forgive me. They will definitely kill me."

 

She said while she is listening to the steps which becomes more nearer.

 

" Choa-ya, will you help me or stop?? "

 

She asks and Choa trembles.

 

" They will kill me if they know that I had helped you."

 

" If you stop me, we have to fight against each other."

 

Hyerim said firmly and she looks at her.

 

" Are you really need to run away?? "

 

" Yes. I don't want to live in the meaningless life anymore."

 

Hyerim said and she looks around as the sounds of coming through the dry leaves are more nearer.

 

" Fine. Let's fight."

 

" What? "

 

But before she can say anything, Choa jumps into her and she starts to fight. 

 

" What are you doing?? "

 

Hyerim shouts but she has to fight back as she doesn't want to be killed. She hears the sounds of the steps more clearly and she has to finish this as soon as possible.

 

" Yahhhhhh."

 

Choa is too much focus to grab her so her neck is unprotected. Hyerim takes this chance and she holds onto the neck of the other vampire.

 

" Jung Hyerim!!!!!!! "

 

The shout becomes more nearer and Hyerim has to decides something. She tightens around her fingers on the neck and the later smiles.

 

" Now, they might believe me. Go."

 

Hyerim widens her eyes at her friend's words. She looks at her and tries to say something but nothing comes out.

 

" Thanks you."

 

She whispers and runs into the dark to the opposite side of the forest.

 

She knows she has used too many forces on Choa and she is afraid that she can die from this. But she can't help her friend. She has to run for her life.

 

She runs and runs and runs finally she reaches to the highway road. When she is about to cross the road, a speedy car runs through her. And her whole mind becomes shut down.

 

When she opens her eyes, she is at the Seoul hospital. She is hit by a car and that driver sent her here.

 

She sneaks out from the hospital and decides to stay at Seoul. It is more populated than countryside and so this will be more easy to hide from the soulkeepers.

 

She stays in everywhere and she goes everywhere she wants. She becomes a gipsy and she thinks she can feel the freedom now. She changed her name from Hyerim to Eunji and enjoyed her new life as a free vampire.

 

And she met with that girl. 

 

She is working at a coffee shop and she notices a costumsr who always comes to the shop daily and orders her coffee before she sits down at the table by the window and looking out from there.

 

She stays like this the whole day and Eunji notices her strange behaviour.

 

And she starts to talk to the girl. The girl at first refused to talk with her but later they become friends. And after about a year, they become a couple.

 

Naeun loves Eunji so much and she even takes her to the family. The Kwon welcome her to the family and they told her to stay with them.

 

Eunji agrees to stay with them for two reason. One is she can hide from soulkeepers if she stays with them. And the other is that she also wants to stay with her beloved girlfriend.

 

And like this, she has been living here for two years already and be a part of Kwon. 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

Eunji is leaning her head on the door and she is resting a bit. She looks at her arm and she can feel that the soulkeepers are here. 

 

* Knock Knock Knock *

 

" Eunji unnie?? Eunji unnie?? Are you in there??? "

 

Eunji hears Naeun's voice and she slowly stands up from the floor. She wears her shirt quickly so that Naeun will not see the tattoo which becomes strange.

 

" Yeah. I'm."

 

She said weakly and slowly opens the door for Naeun. Naeun enters the bathroom and she looks at Eunji who is covered with sweats.

 

" Are you ok?? Why are you sweating that much?? "

 

Naeun asks her and Eunji shakes her head.

 

" Nothing. I had a nightmare and I came here to wash my face."

 

She said and Naeun sighs.

 

" You should wake me up next time. Come on. It's still early in the middle of the night. Let's sleep again."

 

" Immm."

 

Naeun pulls Eunji back to the bed and they both lie down again. She then pulls Eunji to her and said.

 

" I will hold you so that you will not have the nightmare again."

 

" Immm "

 

Eunji just makes a sound as she doesn't want to show her pain to Naeun. And at the same time, she is too worried that what will happen if Naeun finds out that she was once on soulkeepers' side. 

 

She can only hope that Naeun will understand her if she tells her the truth one day.

 

" Eunji-ya, sleep well."

 

She last hears the whispering of Naeun into her ear and a light and soft touch on her crown before she falls asleep.

 

 

 

The next morning..............

 

 

Eunji is still feeling unwell and she doesn't speak too much. When they go to school by Sooyoung's car, she has been quiet the whole ride.

 

Naeun notices her lover's strange behaviour and she sighs. When they arrive to school, she quickly holds onto Eunji's hand.

 

" Eunji-ya, what happened?? The nightmare still bothers you??? "

 

She asks and Eunji looks at her. Her face is white and her forehead is covered with sweats. Naeun takes out a piece of tissue and she wipes the sweat for her.

 

" Don't worry too much. It will be alright."

 

" Imm."

 

Eunji doesn't want to talk that much so she just nods to Naeun. She sends Naeun to her class like usual and she then walks back to her class.

 

She feels uneasy the whole school time and finally, it becomes lunch break. She takes her bag and walks to Naeun's class so that they can go to canteen together. But -

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhh."

 

She moans as the pain becomes worse suddenly and she holds onto her arm while she is biting her lip.

 

What happened???

 

" Hello Hyerim-na."

 

She frozes when she hears a familiar voice from her back. She slowly turns around to see five boys and two girls who are wearing like the same outfit like their school uniforms and walking slowly to her.

 

" You- "

 

" It's been a long time we last meet."

 

The guy called Kibum said. And Eunji's face darken.

 

" What are you doing here?? "

 

She asks but he stops her with his palm.

 

" We are here not because of you. We have a special mission here. And finding you is a bonus for us."

 

He said and Eunji furrows her eyebrows. Soyul moves forward and she said.

 

" I will not forgive you, Jung Hyerim. You killed our Choa."

 

" What!!! Choa died?? "

 

" Don't pretend that you are innocent. I will definitely take revenge on you."

 

The girl called Ellin said but Minho stops them.

 

" Wait, girls. We have a very good plan for her so let's let her live for once. And Hyerim-na, I have a bad news for you. The four leaders are also here, too."

 

" What!! "

 

Eunji is so surprised and she now understands why the tattoo mark is hurting. They are here. The most powerful soulkeepers are here. 

 

This is not a good sign. If Yul appa fight with them, she is not sure who will win. They are not ordinary soulkeepers.

 

" Eunji-ya, what are you doing here?? "

 

At that time, to her nightmare, Naeun is looking for her and she saw them. Eunji looks between the seven old friends and Naeun. The boy called Taemin smirks.

 

" Ahhh. We don't know you are Eunji now. And who is she??? She looks so pretty."

 

" Shut up."

 

She said and she pulls Naeun back to her.

 

" Don't worry. We will not lay even a finger to her if we get no command from the leaders."

 

Kibum said and Eunji wants to hit their smirking faces badly.

 

" Let's go Naeun-na."

 

She said and she pulls Naeun out from there. But Soyul shouts to her.

 

" Be careful next time, friend!!! "

 

She ignores them and continues dragging Naeun away from there. When they arrive at the canteen, Naeun asks her.

 

" Unnie, who are they?? "

 

" I don't know either. They must be some school gangsters."

 

She lies while she is nervously rubbing her temple.

 

" What are they??? Vampires?? But I can't feel any sign of vampires from them."

 

Ordinary vampires and warewolves can't distinguish the vampires who are working for the soulkeepers as the soulkeepers give them a different power from the other vampires. That's why warewolves and vampires can't know when the vampires under soulkeepers are coming to them.

 

" I think they are not. Don't think much about them. Kids of nowsaday are like this. They don't dare to touch me."

 

" Yes. Who dares to touch the daughter-in-law of Kwon?? Appa will kill them for sure."

 

Naeun said and Eunji sighs. She lied to Naeun as she is not ready to tell Naeun about her past as a soulkeepers' slave.

 

Naeun seems she believes in Eunji and now she is eating her food happily. Eunji knows that she can lie to Naeun just for once. She has to tell her sooner or later. If not, it will be more complicated.

 

Eunji is secretly staring at Naeun and she is hoping that the girl will believe her when she explains her about her past.