A Peek to the Past part I

Don't Play With My Heart

Yookyung is waiting for someone so she skips her school again. She is leaning on the car and waiting for someone to arrive.

 

" Where is she??? Where is she??? "

 

She mutters but she has to be patient as she wants to meet that person.

 

She checks the watch and found that it is nearer to end the classes. 

 

" She always comes at this time. Half past hour earlier than before the school is over."

 

She whispers to herself and she looks at the school gate. At that time, a car enters the school and it stops not far away from her.

 

" There she is!!! "

 

Yookyung thought and she runs to there.

 

" Hello, aunty Sunny !!! "

 

" Awww. Yookyung-na. Where is Sooyoungie??? "

 

" Yes??? Ahhh, Aunty Soo doesn't still come. She will be here soon."

 

" Oh, really?? "

 

Sunny seems she is disappointed. But she tries to smile and she greets Yookyung.

 

" Don't you attend the classes?? "

 

" Ummm?? No. I mean I have to do an important thing so- "

 

" Ohhhh. You are so look alike to Sooyoungie!!! "

 

" Yes?? "

 

" She never likes to come to school when we were young. She prefers eating and drawing than studying. Kekke kekke."

 

" Awww."

 

Yookyung wants to cry as she has been referred as Sooyoung. She wants to be like Yuri Appa but Sunny is saying Sooyoung's name.

 

" You are so cute!!! As cute as your aunty."

 

" Yes. Thanks you."

 

Yookyung has to answer politely and Sunny said goodbye to her.

 

" Then I'm going."

 

" Wait, aunty Sunny."

 

Yookyung calls her and she stops Sunny not to go any further.

 

" Yes?? "

 

" Can I ask you a question???? "

 

" Yes. What do you want to know?? "

 

" Ummmm. You may think that I'm rude, but- "

 

Yookyung finds it difficult how to tell Sunny but she decides to tell her.

 

" Aunty, can you give me some time??? I want to explain you carefully from the start."

 

" Alright."

 

Sunny agrees as she doesn't want Sooyoung's neice to feel sad because of her. Yookyung takes her to the canteen and they choose to sit at a table which is at the corner so that they can have their privacy.

 

" Now tell me what do you want."

 

Sunny said and Yookyung lowers her head.

 

" I'm afriad that you will misunderstand me if I say you."

 

" No, I won't. So what is it?? "

 

Yookyung thinks for a while and she whispers.

 

" I want to ask you about Jiyoung."

 

" Yes??? "

 

Sunny is so surprised when she hears the name of her niece. She looks at her with suspecious looks and Yookyung sighs.

 

" Don't think me wrong. I just want to make a confirmation."

 

" What confirmation??? "

 

" Aunty, I have to explain you from the start if you want to listen. This is the most important matter for me. And this is the reason why I am survived till now."

 

Yookyung said long and Sunny decides to listen her first.

 

" Ok. Tell me. What is so important for you and what my niece is having to do with it?? "

 

She said and she looks at Yookyung with the most scary look of her life.

 

" Ok. Let me start from four hundred years ago."

 

Yookyung starts. She looks away from the window pane of the building and she is lost into the past.

 

Her painful memories are reappeared again in her head like a film.

 

 

But this is so sure that it has no happy ending.

 

 

Because tears are already formed in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

Four hundred years ago…………

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yookyung's POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been a long time. Although the time has passed, I still can remember the most important memories of my life clearly.

 

The past that I want to forget but I still can't. The past before I become the part of the Kwon family. The past when I had my own beautiful love story.

 

But this is so painful to think about it again. I want to keep it in the deepest part of my heart if I can. Because they are so precious to me. They are the bittersweet times of my life.

 

At that time, I am just an ordinary girl who has to look after the goats at a grass hilly land. I live together with my family at a small village which is situated at the base of a mountain.

 

My name is Hong Yookyung and my family works at farms. I am only sixteen years old so I don't have to be in the farm works.

 

Instead, I look after the goats everyday at the hill which is at the north of our village.

 

My life is just a normal one before someone comes into my life. And let me explain how me and she met.

 

That day is not a sunny day. It is a cloudy day which is a little cold and I don't want to work today.

 

So I just let the goats to do whatever they want on the hill and I lean on the big tree which is at the top of the hill.

 

This tree gives shade and I can rest peacefully there. I close my eyes and decide to have a nap. 

 

The breeze is scrabbing my face lightly which makes me to be sleepy more. And I fall asleep at that time.

 

 

What is this???

 

 

I was woken up suddenly when something touches my face.

 

" Kekke kekke kekke "

 

I was surprised when I hear a giggling voice pf a girl right in front of my face. I try to peek but I was afraid that she will run away so I just pretend that I am still asleep.

 

She falls into my trap and continues playing with me. I smirks in my mind and counting three myself.

 

One

 

She is touching my face with a grass.

 

Two

 

Her cute giggling 

 

Three

 

 

" Omo."

 

She is surprised when I suddenly grab her both hands and pull her towards me and hold her hand firmly so that she cannot be run away.

 

" What are you doing??? "

 

I ask with a cold voice and she seems she is afraid. Her eyes went round and fear can be seen in them. 

 

I think I am surprised at that moment. She is so beautiful. No. No. I mean she is not beautiful. But she has her own attraction on her face. And with one word, she is cute in my eyes.

 

I will never forget her face at that time. She is so so so so lovely. I immediately notice that she is not wearing hangbok, instead she is wearing a chinese long white dress.

 

" What are you doing??? "

 

I ask again and she opens to answer but she quickly closes it as she doesn't know what to say. I smile and want to tease the little white sheep in front of me.

 

" Tell me who are you or I will beat you."

 

I said and I pull her more closer to me, making her to afraid. I want to laugh but I think it is better not to show my soft heart and I wear the poker face.

 

" Hmmm??? Answer me."

 

I said and she shakes her head.

 

" Please. Please don't hurt me. I… I don't have any intension to hurt you. I saw you sleeping soundly and I just want to tease you. That's all."

 

She said and I look at her face in amazement. She is so perfect. The way she speak, the way her lips move, this is so beautiful.

 

" How can I trust you??? You tried to touch me while I am asleep. This is really creepy."

 

I said and she is about to cry.

 

" Please. I'm telling the truth. Please let me go."

 

" Tell me your name."

 

" Yes??? "

 

She is surprised. I really love to see her surprised face. This is so cute and so romantic in my eyes.

 

" I want to know your name. You are wearing the expensive Chinese dress and so I want to know your identity. There is no family in our village who is coming back from China. Who are you???."

 

I ask and she looks at me.

 

" I bet you are a farmer. Your outfit say like this. Right??? "

 

" Yep. I'm Hong Yookyung. The daughter of the Hong family. There is no one who doesn't know me in this village. My work is as you see, to watch over the goats. Now what about you??? "

 

" I'm… I'm Kang Jiyoung. I live on the streets and I go to everywhere I want."

 

She said while she is looking into my eyes. I also stare back and my heart becomes weird at that time.

 

 

What is happeneing to me??? 

 

 

I think and I was looking at her face again. And at that time, an earthquake is happening in my chest without giving any pre-signs.

 

Omo

 

 

I mutter in my mind. I don't know what has happening to me.

 

" You have to release my hand. I have already answer your question."

 

She said and I remember that I have hold onto her hand for really long. And I quickly release it in embrassment.

 

" Sor… Sorry. I didn't mean to."

 

" It's ok."

 

My face must be red as I can feel the hot sensation coming from the cheeks and I think I saw her face red too.

 

She is lowering her head but I still can see the red edges of her ears.

 

From that time on, we become friends and Kang Jiyoung becomes a part of my life. I was so happy to have a friend like her.

 

Although she is a little strange, I mean she can appear from nowhere and disappear suddenly as she like, she can make some miracles in front of me, and she can sometimes wild, but she and me become really close friends.

 

 

This is how me and Jiyoung met.

 

 

Our meeting is not poematic but I think it is beautiful. This is just a random meeting with a girl but for me, this is the day when I met with an angel.

 

 

Kang Jiyoung becomes my inspiration from that time on.

 

 

 

That day when my heart skips a beat…………………………