The story

Don't Play With My Heart

" Count to twenty and then you can start to find."

 

" Arasso. We have been playing hide-and-seek since we are born. Geez."

 

Bomi shouts at her friends while she is closing her eyes with her palms.

 

Sulli and Hayoung ignore her and they start to run away from her to find a good place to hide in the house.

 

The three girls are enjoying their summer holidays and they are playing in the house as the guardians of them are out for their works.

 

Well, Bomi is said to be a poor orphange who doesn't have a chance to see her parents faces. But she is so lucky as they left this house and enough money for her life. So she can easily attend the school and focus on her studies.

 

The ones who raise her up and stay together with her are Nana and Lizzy who also are her parents' friends. They love her as their own daughter .

 

Sulli is Lizzy's little sister. They take her here as they don't want Bomi to feel lonely. They grew up together and they are more like than sisters.

 

And Hayoung is Bomi's kindergarden friend. She is from a small town and Bomi told her to stay with her so she becomes living here for years.

 

Nana and Lizzy never want to tell Bomi about her parents so she also doesn't ask them about her parents. Because her life is ok without them.

 

" Eighteen... Nineteen... Twenty... I'm coming~~~"

 

Bomi announces and she removes the hands on her eyes.

 

" Ahhh. My eyes. Aish~~ This is not important. I have to find them. They both are taller than me so I will easily find them. Hee hee."

 

She said and she starts to look for them at downstairs.

 

" Where are they??? In the kitchen??? "

 

Bomi said and she enters into the kitchen. She looks around in there but there is no sign of Sulli and Hayoung.

 

" Ummm?? No?? Where are you, Sulli-ya!!! Hayoung-na!! "

 

She calls their names and looks carefully at downstaris but they are not here.

 

" Hmmmm. They are not here?? Then they must be upstairs. I'm coming kiddy!!! "

 

She walks up to the upstairs and start to check the rooms. First, her room, no one.

 

Second, Sulli's room. Still no one.

 

Third, Hayoung's room. Nooooooooo one.

 

" Ah ha. Not here?? Then you will be~~~~ in the bathroom!! "

 

She opens the door in a flash of light but to her disappointment, there is also no one.

 

" What!!! Not here??? "

 

Bomi is surprised as she can't see any one of them in everywhere. She is thinking for a while and she remembers that she still haven't checked one room.

 

" Awww. Nana unnie and Lizzy unnie's room."

 

She said to herself. She walks to there and holds onto the doorknob.

 

" But should I enter their room??? There is neither one of them there."

 

Bomi thinks for a few seconds.

 

" I am not doing anything wrong. I will go in."

 

She decides and opens the door. She never comes into this room as she is afraid of witnessing something weird from the couple. 

 

When she looks around the room, it is neat and tidy. 

 

" Hayoung-na??? Sulli-ya??? "

 

She calls them and starts to look for them in the room. 

 

" Wow. This vase looks so expensive."

 

Bomi is amazed by a vase which is placed at the corner. She gently touches it and smiles.

 

" Immm. That's beautiful and I think, ancient. Is it an antique?? But I never know that they love antiques."

 

She said to herself and she turns around.

 

" Ahhhh."

 

But she slips and falls onto the ground. Her body knocks accidently to the shelves behind her and the books on it are dropped.

 

" Oh, no."

 

She mutters. Nearly every book on it are dropped and she sighs.

 

" Now I have to arrange them."

 

She starts to pick up the books and put them on the shelves.

 

" They really like to read. There are so many books here. "

 

Bomi is putting the books back on the shelves. She is about to finish when she notices a thin book on the floor.

 

" What is this??? "

 

This book is so old and the papers seem that they are about to break if they are touched once again. Bomi picks up that yellowish brown old book and she read the title of the book.

 

" The Legand of Soulkeepers."

 

She reads out loud. And she feels that a strange wind is passed by her. Bomi widens her eyes and she looks around.

 

The windows are closed and there is no opening where the wind can enter.

 

She reads the cover of the book again. There is no author name on it. And only the picture of the beautiful sword whose blade is deep bloody red in colour.

 

" The legand of Soulkeepers??? A story??? Ha ha. I can't believe they like to read stories. But why it is handwritten??? "

 

She said to herself.

 

" But this must be first edition. The book seems so old. If they are keeping this, it must be a really good story. I will take it to read."

 

Bomi decides and she walks out from that room. When she closes their room and about to enter her room, 

 

" Bomi-ya?? "

 

" Ahhhh."

 

" Wae?? "

 

" Nothing. I was just scared. We are playing hide-and-seek."

 

Bomi said to Nana who is looking at her with suspecious eyes.

 

" Did you enter our room??? "

 

" Geez, Nana unnie. What's wrong with you?? Why I have to enter your room?? I don't want to see your photos or something similar of your Lizzy."

 

Bomi said and she runs into her room. Nana who is leaving there becomes angry and she starts to shout.

 

" Yah!! Yoon Bomi!! You dare to talk to me like this??? "

 

Bomi ignores her and lies down on her bed.

 

" I wonder how she becomes friends with my parents. She is too young to be their friends."

 

She said but it is not important for her. The only one she is now interesred in is the book she found in their room.

 

She leans back onto the bedpost and prepares herself to be comfortable to read.

 

" Ahhhh, I am in the middle of a game."

 

She suddenly remembers about the game but she also decides to ignore them.

 

" They are hiding in very good places and I will just let them to continue to hide. I will find them later after I have read it."

 

Bomi said and she starts to read the story book that she has found in Naliz's room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Dinner is ready!!! "

 

Nana announces and the three kids enter the dinning room. Lizzy is coming out from the kitchen and she is now untying the apron.

 

" Ahh, the dinner seems so delicious!! "

 

" Let's dig in!!! "

 

They all sit down and start to eat the food that Lizzy had made.

 

" What you guys did today?? "

 

Lizzy asks while she is getting up to take an extra bowl of rice for Nana.

 

" We?? We played all day. But Bomi cheated on us and she didn't look for us while we played hide-and-seek."

 

Sulli said with a pout. She then glares at Bomi who pretends that she doesn't hear anything.

 

" What about you guys?? "

 

" The business is normal. The only one problem is the new assistant of Honey's coffee shop who is pretty and young."

 

Nana said with a pout. Lizzy puts down the spoon and she holds onto Nana's hand.

 

" I have already told you. She is only young and not pretty. Even if she is pretty, I am not interested in her. Why I have to look at others' face when I have the most beautiful girl in the world??? Hmmmm?? "

 

" But- "

 

" And she has her own boyfriend. If you don't believe me, I can introduce her with you. So please don't be jealous, baby unnie."

 

She said and Nana automatically turns to Lizzy with teary eyes. Uhhh oh.

 

" Are you telling the truth, honey??? "

 

" Of course. Why I have to lie you?? "

 

They start to flirt in front of them like always. Bomi and Hayoung who are done with their food stand up almost in unison and said.

 

" We are going to the room."

 

They said. And they look at Sulli. But the girl is so busy with her third round so they just leave her at there.

 

" Bomi unnie, can I come with you?? "

 

" Immm."

 

They enter into Bomi's room. Hayoung sits on the bed and she looks at Bomi.

 

" What happened, unnie?? "

 

" What happened what?? "

 

" In this afternoon. Why you don't look for us?? "

 

" That is??? I was reading a book and forgot to find you."

 

" Really?? But you are not the type who will choose reading over playing."

 

" Believe me. I found an old story book from Nana and Lizzy unnie's room and I started to read it. See."

 

She gives Hayoung the book she found and Hayoung is surprised with the book.

 

" Ohhh. It looks so old."

 

" Yeah. And the story is also an old one."

 

" What it is written about?? "

 

" It is about a love-story between a young man called Yoon Doojoon and a vampire girl called Park Jiyeon."

 

" Awww. But what is the Soulkeepers?? "

 

" In the story, it is said that there are four kinds of man in this world, humans, vampires, soulkeepers and warewolves."

 

" Like Twilight."

 

" Yes. But this story is about how soulkeepers are formed on the world."

 

" Unnie, tell me about it."

 

" Ahhh. Go and read it by yourself. "

 

" But I'm bored. Tell me, please."

 

" Arasso. Arasso."

 

Bomi has to agree Hayoung ad she tells her the story.

 

" It was based on the time which is very far from nowadays. At that time, there are only three kinds of man and soulkeepers are not born yet. One day, the god knows that there will be a beast who will kill everyone on this world by its power so he decides to send his apostle to stop it."

 

Hayoung is listening to the story carefully. Bomi continues.

 

" The angel is borned as a young and handsome man at a small village at a blacksmith's house. He was named Yoon Doojoon. And he met with a girl called Park Jiyeon one day."

 

" They fell in love?? I love this kind of stories."

 

" Yes. They did. They fell in love but unfortunately, the girl is not a human like him. She is a vampire girl."

 

" Didn't he know about it?? "

 

" Of course, he didn't. They married after three years and they were very happy at that time. One day, Jiyeon needs blood immediately and she accidently killed a child. Vampires didn't drink man's blood. They only drink animals' blood."

 

" So this is the first time she drank human blood?? "

 

" Yep. And she becomes addicted to the taste. She wanted to drink human blood more and more. And she becomes a beast who killed many people for blood."

 

Bomi sighs as she doesn't like the rest of the story.

 

" Doojoon knew that it was his wife who was killing the people and he decided to stop her. He hated her for she doesn't tell him about her. He made a sword with all his effort and he starts to look for his wife. At that time, Jiyeon has no memories left as her human life and all she knew is to kill everyone."

 

She paused for a moment.

 

" And when he reached to her, he found many dead bodies around her. She tries to kill him also and he slides the sword into her heart directly."

 

" That's not good."

 

" Immm. When he slides the sword into her heart, she remembers everything. She was so surpried when she realsied that it was her husband who killed her. And she was so angry at the same time. She hated him for that and she made a curse on him."

 

" What is it??? "

 

" Every three hundred years, her soul will be alive again at bloody red full moon day and she will kill everyone who will stop her including vampires, humans and the most important is the ones from Doojoon's generation."

 

" That's a little violent."

 

" Yes. And she died. Doojoon was so afraid of her curse and he prepared for the curse. He has the power of immotal and he trained some young people to be like him. And they called themselves as Soulkeepers."

 

" And they killed every vampire they know as they all are afraid that the soul of Jiyeon will arise again. Later, Doojoon died in a battle with vampires but the Soulkeepers are still there and they are looking for the vampires and killing them."

 

" So they are still there on the world?? "

 

" It is written like this. But I don't think they are real. Come on, Hayoung. This is a story and why are you taking it so serious??? "

 

Bomi said and she puts the book on the table. Hayoung looks at the cover and she whispers.

 

" This must be the sword that he used."

 

" Yes. This is called 'Loveless Sword'. He made it with all his hate for Jiyeon and only the one who has no love for anyone can use it."

 

" Awww. I don't wonder why it is red. This must be filled with anger and hate."

 

" But I don't like this story. If I were him, I will not kill her. I will try to save her. I will do anything for her. There is no need to kill our own love. We should treasure the love we have."

 

Bomi said as she is staring at the book. Hayoung sighs and she puts her arm on Bomi's shoulder.

 

" Unnie, like you said, it is just a story. So don't think too much about it. Ok??? And don't forget to return it to their room. I'm going to sleep. Good night."

 

" Good night, Hayoung-na."

 

Bomi said and she watches Hayoung leaving her room. Then she looks back to the book on the table and she feels the strange breeze again.

 

" Ahhhh. I have been crazy the whole day. That must because I will be a senior high school student soon. Teenagers are crazy. Yeah. That's all."

 

She said to herself, put the book into the drawer of her table and then she decides to go to bed.

 

 

 

 

 

After five hours later.....

 

 

" Yoon Doojoon!! I will kill you!!! "

 

" Jiyeon-na. Let me explain."

 

" Go away!! "

 

" Please."

 

" Don't come closer to me!!! I hate all of you!! "

 

" No. Don't go."

 

" Slide me."

 

" I can't!! "

 

" Please. I can't control anymore."

 

Bomi looks at the girl in front of her with red eyes.

 

" Unnie, please."

 

" Kill me, please."

 

" I... I can't."

 

" Bbom-ah, I love you."

 

" Unnie!!!! "

 

She doesn't know but someone embraces her and she knows that something bad is happened to her.

 

" Ahhhh."

 

She opens her eyes in fear and looks around the room. But she knows that it is just a bad dream. 

 

She sighs and puts the blanket over her again and closes her eyes.

 

After a few minutes, she falls again into the dreamland and forgets about that dream she had.

 

 

 

And she will definitely not remember about the girl in her dream the next morning.