No Regret

Don't Play With My Heart

" Hayoung-na!! Hayoung-na!! Wait!! "

 

Hayoung turns around and she saw Hyeri running towards her. She sighs and waits for her to reach.

 

" What?? "

 

She knows that her voice is weak. She doesn't want to meet Hyeri right now. She is the reason why Namjoo is avoiding her.

 

" Hayoung-na, let's talk."

 

Hyeri said and she holds onto Hayoung's hand. Hayoung looks down to the hand and she slowly removes it from hers.

 

" Hyeri-na, I have nothing to say."

 

" Listen. I am sorry about what I have done. And I didn't expect this to happen. But Hayoung-na, if Kim Namjoo doesn't love you anymore, I can - "

 

" Hyeri-na."

 

Hayoung stops her and she sighs.

 

" Hyeri-na, you are my best friend since childhood. And I treasure the friendship between us."

 

Hayoung said.

 

" And I know that you love me. But Hyeri-na, things are different now. I have Namjoo and I don't want her to be sad anymore. I want to stay by her side."

 

Hayoung smiles as she remembers Namjoo.

 

" Even if she can't forgive me easily, I will beg her. I will beg her till she will love me again. Because……………… "

 

She looks at Hyeri.

 

" Because I love her. I love that vampire girl called Kim Namjoo."

 

Hayoung said and she starts to walk away from Hyeri. Hyeri is left there like a statue and she is watching Hayoung's back.

 

Hayoung walks back to her home while she is thinking about Namjoo. She has been avoiding Hayoung for almost two weeks and Hayoung knows that she can't live without Namjoo during these days.

 

She always wants to be by her side.

 

" I am so sorry, Namjoo-ya."

 

She whispers and continues walking. She turns around the corner and at that time, she notices that some shadows are running behind her back.

 

" Huh?? "

 

She is surprised and she turns around to her back. But there is nothing.

 

" What is this??? "

 

She becomes afraid and looks around but there is no one at this street. She is standing alone here.

 

" I've to go fast."

 

She thinks and she starts to walk quickly. Namjoo always walks to her house with her so she is safe. But now, Namjoo is not by her side.

 

She walks and tries to get out from this alley. But when she is about to turns around another corner, two girls stop her.

 

" Wait little girl."

 

One of them said and Hayoung becomes frightened.

 

" Who… who are you??? "

 

" Us????? Aha ha ha ha."

 

They laugh and walks towards her slowly. Hayoung has to walk backward but she is pushed by someone from the back.

 

" Ahhhhh."

 

Hayoung is surprised and she turns around quickly to see a boy.

 

" Hello~~~"

 

He greets and Hayoung becomes more and more afraid.

 

" Who…… who……… who are you??? What do you want?? "

 

" What do we want??? "

 

The boy asks her and he moves closer to her.

 

" We will catch you and make your girlfriend to come and rescue her."

 

" What!! What do you want to do to Namjoo??? "

 

" Don't be so worried too much. We know that you are her beloved girlfriend and if we take you, she will surely come and rescue her."

 

" Why you want to hurt her??? "

 

The girls laugh and they said.

 

" Because this is our job. We are from soulkeepers and our duty is to kill the vampires."

 

She proudly said and Hayoung's face becomes white when she hears the word 'soulkeeper'.

 

" You- you- "

 

" Don't be afraid. If you follow us and be a good girl, we promise you that we will not hurt you. But if you don't listen to us, we will have to use the force."

 

Another girl said and Hayoung bites her lip. She knows that if she follows them, they will kill Namjoo. But she doesn't follow them, they will kill her. She doesn't know what to do.

 

" Come Oh Hayoung. Let's go."

 

He said and he tries to hold on her arm but she quickly jerks.

 

" Don't touch me!!! "

 

She then moves three steps back and said.

 

" I will not follow you. I will not call Namjoo for you. I have to protect her!!! "

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha "

 

" What did you say??? Protect her???? Ha ha ha. That's so funny."

 

They laugh really hard and Hayoung keeps moving backward. She is finding a way of escape now.

 

" You can't even protect yourself. And how will you protect her??? "

 

" I- I……"

 

Hayoung doesn't know how to answer. She is looking around and hoping that someone will come here but there is no one.

 

" Come with us or not??? "

 

" Never! "

 

Hayoung shouts and she tries to run away from there.

 

" Yah!! Don't run!! "

 

But she doesn't listen and continues running. 

 

" Oh Hayoung!! "

 

She hears the calling of her name and the next thing she knows is that her legs are beaten by something and she falls onto the ground.

 

" Ahhh."

 

" Ha ha ha. Where do you want to go now?? Huh??? "

 

They said and Hayoung tries to stand up. She slowly crawls and looks back to see the three people walking to her.

 

" I'm dead."

 

She whispers as she knows that they are going to hurt her. She is thinking a way of escape but she sees nothing.

 

" Stop now."

 

With that voice, a shadow drops in front of her. Hayoung widens her eyes when she saw who it is. 

 

" Namjoo-ya."

 

She whispers and she becomes happy when she saw Namjoo. But she remembers that they are three and Namjoo is alone so she becomes worried for her.

 

" Namjoo-ya, you shouldn't be here."

 

She tries to say but Namjoo igbores her and she talks to the three bad people

 

" Why do you want to meet me??? "

 

She asks and The leader boy smiles.

 

" Oh, Namjoo-ya. We didn't expect you to appear like this. But I think you love her so much. Hee hee. It doesn't matter. Now, you are coming into the tiger mouth by yourself so we have to fulfill your wish."

 

" Shut up. Let's solve our problem by ourselves. Let her go."

 

She points to Hayoung and said. The boy raises his eyebrows and nods.

 

" Alright. Agree."

 

" Go now."

 

Namjoo said without looking back at her. Hayoung is sad by Namjoo's action but she remembers the situation.

 

" No. I can't leave you."

 

" I said GO!!!! "

 

Namjoo shouts and Hayoung is stubborn to listen to her. But the vampires from soulkeepers' side become impatient and they said.

 

" Alright. If you don't go, don't blame on us."

 

One of the girls said and she jumps into Namjoo. Namjoo avoids the attack but she is welcome by another girl from the side.

 

" Don't try to play a game!! "

 

Namjoo said and she fights with the two girls. The boy os watching the whole scense and he is smiling by himself.

 

Hayoung is still on the ground and she is also watching the battle. Although Namjoo is fighting two again one, she can fight back them well.

 

" Ahhhhhh."

 

But Hayoung shouts in pain when the boy suddenly grabs her hair.

 

" Ahhh. Ahhh. Release me."

 

" Kim Namjoo!!! "

 

He shouts while he is pulling Hayoung up with him. Namjoo stops the fight and she is now looking at them.

 

" Release her!! "

 

* Crack *

 

" Ahh."

 

She is looking at Hayoung and the boy so she fails to notice the two girls. They suddenly grab Namjoo and break her hand.

 

* crack *

 

" Namjoo-ya!!! "

 

They don't stop and kicks Namjoo's leg. Pain can be seen on her face and she is now kneeling on the ground. Hayoung is crying and she is trying to come to Namjoo but the boy pulls her hair more.

 

" Where do you want to go, ??? I will kill both of you. Stupid useless human."

 

" Ahh."

 

He said and he starts to grabs Hayoung's neck from the back. Hayoung tries to remove the hands which are tightly held around her neck.

 

" Hayoung-na."

 

Namjoo whispers and she knows that if she doesn't make any move, both of them can die. So she tries to stand up while using all her strength.

 

" Yahhhhhhh "

 

She then jumps towards the boy and grabs his hair. 

 

" Yah!!!! "

 

She uses all her remaining power and pulls off his head from his body.

 

 

* Crack *

 

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhh."

 

The two girls shout in fear when Namjoo kills their friend. Hayoung is now falling on the ground and she is trying to catch her breathe. And when she looks at the person in front of her, she saw Namjoo lying unconcious on the ground.

 

" Namjoo-ya!! Namjoo-ya!! "

 

She tries to call her but there is no reply from Namjoo. Hayoung doesn't know what to do. She has no power to protect Namjoo and herself. 

 

The two girls are looking at them with hate-filled eyes and they seem they are about to hurt them.

 

" You killed our brother!!! "

 

One of them said and they move closer to them. 

 

" What are you doing??? "

 

With that voice, Hayoung saw two people running to here. When she saw her friends in front of her, she becomes relieved.

 

" You ok, Hayoung-na??? "

 

" Yeah."

 

Eunji and Naeun stand in front of them and they face the two girls.

 

" Aww. I was wondering who you are. Finally, it's you?? "

 

" Jung Hyerim."

 

" Hello, Way and Soyul."

 

Eunji greets and she raises her eyebrow when she saw the body of the headless person.

 

" Let's see who it is. Oh, it's Jinki. Right?? "

 

" Shut up!! Don't call our brother's name."

 

" How dare you talk to me with that tone?? You want to die?? Get out of my view before I kill you!! "

 

Eunji said coldly and Way and Soyul quickly pick up the dead body. Then they look at them bitterly and said.

 

" We will meet again later. At that time, I will take your life for real."

 

" Go ahead. I am looking forward that day."

 

Eunji said and the two run away from there. They sit down quickly beside Namjoo and asks.

 

" What happened?? "

 

" I don't know. I was walking bavk to my house alone and they appeared. They are about to hurt me when Namjoo reached and they fought."

 

Hayoung explains and Naeun is now checking Namjoo's conditions.

 

" She seems she has broken bones. Let's go to my house. This is nearer than Kim house. And appa can cure her."

 

" Right. Let's go."

 

" Eunji unnie, you should carry her."

 

" Arasso."

 

Eunji said and she picks up Namjoo's unconcious body in her arms. Naeun is comforting the crying Hayoung and they decide to go to Kwon house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Where's my daughter???!!!! "

 

The whole mansion is filled with Taeyeon's loud and angry voice. She is entering into the house roughly and asks.

 

" I want to see my daughter!!! Where is she???!!! "

 

" Taeyeon, calm down!! "

 

" Where's my daughter???!!! "

 

" Calm down, Kim Taeyeon!!! Will you???? "

 

Yuri shouts and Taeyeon stops. She then looks at Yuri and sighs.

 

" I'm sorry."

 

She whispers and Yuri nods.

 

" It's ok. You seem you are so clumsy so I shouted at you. I am sorry, too."

 

Things become awakened between the two. They didn't talk to each other since six hundred years ago and it is hard for them to start a conversation.

 

At that time, Tiffany and Jessica are talking about what had happened.

 

" My eldest daughter and daughter-in-law found them in the street. When they arrived, the vampires are nearly to kill them as Namjoo is unconcious. She seems she is out of energy as she killed one of them."

 

" Oh, they are so lucky. I can't think of what would happen if your daughter didn't find them."

 

" Yes. Now she is at the upstairs. We have treated her and her girlfriend is staying beside her."

 

" Thank you, Jessie."

 

Tiffany holds on Jessica's both hand and she said. Jessica smiles and she nods her head in understanding way.

 

Sunny enters the house together with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon and she said.

 

" I want to check her."

 

" Yes. We all want to see our kid."

 

" Ok. She is at the upstairs. Please come this way."

 

Yuri said and she leads them to upstairs. Then she opens a room and they find Namjoo lying unconcious on the bed. Hayoung is sitting beside the bed and she is holding Namjoo's hand.

 

" Hayoung-na. They are here."

 

Yuri said as a warning and Hayoung quickly stand up to greet them. Sunny walks to her niece and she checks her conditions. Tiffany is crying while she is covering and Hyoyeon is comforting her.

 

Taeyeon is staring at Namjoo and she can't say a word. This is her last daughter and she loves this loud and noisy talkative maknae so much. It is so hurt to see this kid lying quietly on the bed.

 

Sunny sighs and she turns around to them.

 

" She is ok now. Her bones are broken by them but Yuri has already cured it so there is no need to be worried. She will be ok within a week."

 

" Thanks god."

 

Tiffany whispers and she wipes her tears. Taeyeon is also relieved and she said.

 

" Then let's take her back to our house."

 

" Right."

 

" I will carry her."

 

The elders are busy with the transfer of Namjoo. Hayoung is silently watching them and she moves closer to Tiffany.

 

" Aunty?? "

 

" Yes, dear?? "

 

" Can I come with you?? I want to take care of Namjoo as she is hurt because of me."

 

" No. No. Don't think like this. And don't blame on yourself. This is not because of you. You will be busy if you take care of our daughter. It's ok."

 

" But I feel sorry for her. She saved my life and I want to repay something to her. Aunty, please let me."

 

Hayoung begs and Tiffany sighs. She can't say no to this poor girl anymore so she nods.

 

" Alright. You can stay at our house."

 

" Thank you, aunty. Thank you."

 

Hayoung said with a smile and she bows to her. Then they walk down along the stairs and enter the car. They come here with two cars and they put Namjoo in Sunny's car. Then Hyoyeon, Sunny and Hayoung go back home.

 

" We are going. Thank you for everything."

 

Tiffany said and Yuri smiles.

 

" It's nothing. We are doing the right. If it is one of my daughters who is hurt, I know you will do the same, too."

 

" Imm. Bye."

 

" Bye."

 

Tiffany enters the car. Jessica also enters the house so only Taeyeon and Yuri are left there. The atmosphere become awakened and they don't know what to do at that moment.

 

" Aham. Aham."

 

Taeyeon makes a fake cough and she looks at Yuri. And she finds that Yuri is staring at her.

 

" Yes?? "

 

Yuri said and Taeyeon bites the inner part of her cheek. She then looks at Yuri again and whispers.

 

" Thank you."

 

" What?! "

 

" Thank you for taking care of my daughter."

 

" It's nothing."

 

Yuri becomes shy and she is now rubbing the back of her neck. Taeyeon rubs the tip of her nose and she said.

 

" I'm going."

 

She said and she quickly enters the car. Then she drives off the car without saying goodbye. Yuri is watching the red light of the car till it is disappeared in the dark.

 

She then shakes her head and enters into her house.

 

" Taeyeon~~ Taeyeon~~ She is still the childish dorky and clumsy angry Taeyeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Namjoo wakes up from a long dream and she finds that someone is lying beside her. She looks at the person and she finds that Hayoung is sleeping beside her.

 

" Hayoung??? "

 

She thinks and she tries to touch her face. But she stops her hand right in front of Hayoung when she remembers what had happened.

 

She sighs and she puts down her hand. 

 

" Ahhh."

 

She tries to move but she can't as her right hand and left leg are covered with bandages.

 

" Namjoo-ya?? "

 

She is suffering the pain when Hayoung wakes up by her shout. She is rubbing her eyes and asks her.

 

" Are you awake??? I was worried for you to death."

 

But Namjoo doen't reply and she tries to sit up.

 

" Wae?? You want to go somewhere?? I can send you."

 

She helps Namjoo to stand up but Namjoo jerks her hand. Hayoung feels offtended by this action but she doesn't say anything as she knows Namjoo is angry with her.

 

" Namjoo-ya, be careful."

 

She reminds her but Namjoo loses her balance and she falls onto the floor.

 

" Ahhh."

 

Her leg is hurt and she is now holding the injured leg. Hayoung quickly runs to Namjoo and she tries to help her to stand up.

 

" Are you alright??? "

 

" Don't touch me!! "

 

Namjoo shouts and she tries to stand up by herself. Hayoung becomes sad but she can say nothing. She is at the wrong and Namjoo has the right to scold her.

 

From that day on, Hayoung stays at Kim house. She sleeps on the floor in Namjoo's room and she tries to do everything for her but Namjoo still refuses to talk to her.

 

" Namjoo-ya, let's eat."

 

Hayoung said while she is carrying the dinner with a tray. She then takes a spoonfull of rice and puts it in front of Namjoo.

 

" Say ahhh."

 

She said and tries to feed Namjoo but Namjoo doesn't want to follow her. She takes the spoon with her left hand and tries to eat.

 

" Namjoo-ya, I can do it for you."

 

" Thank you but no need of your help."

 

Namjoo said like they are strangers and Hayoung feels so sad. May be Namjoo is really done with her??? 

 

She thinks and she tries to control the tears not to fall in front of Namjoo. After dinner, Namjoo decides to sleep as she doesn't want to talk with Hayoung.

 

Hayoung sends the tray back to the basin and she comes back to their room. She looks at Namjoo and she finds that Namjoo has already alseep on her bed.

 

She kneels down beside the bed and whispers.

 

" Namjoo-ya. I'm sorry. I know I deserve to take your ignorance. But I'm not giving up. I will try my best to get you back. I love you."

 

She then leans towards Namjoo and pecks her lips.

 

" Goodnight."

 

She said and she lies down on the floor where she sleeps. Namjoo who doesn't really sleep opens her eyes when Hayoung goes back to her place. She takes a glance to the girl on the floor and feel sorry for her.

 

" Am I too tough on her?? "

 

She thinks and she looks at Hayoung. She takes her blanket and limps towards Hayoung. Then she slowly puts the blanket on her.

 

" Good night."

 

She whispers and she walks back to her bed.

 

" Namjoo-ya."

 

She is stopped by a weak voice. Hayoung slowly gets up from her bed and she crawls towards Namjoo. Namjoo can feel the presence of the younger girl behind her and she becomes weak.

 

" Namjoo-ya, I'm so sorry."

 

She whispers and hugs Namjoo tightly. Namjoo closes her eyes and tesrs are falling down on her face. Hayoung hugs her more and she said.

 

" I'm so sorry. I mistakened the friendship and love. I think they can be identical but they are different. I knew that I love you and only you when I saw them fighting with you. At that time, I am feeling like I can die if something bad will happen to you."

 

Namjoo doesn't say a thing and she just listens to Hayoung quietly.

 

" Namjoo-ya. I'm so sorry. I promise that I will be a good girlfriend to you. I really promise. I will try my best to be a good lover to you."

 

She is now crying and Namjoo can feel the tears on her back. She becomes sorry for Hayoung and she can't build the cold walls around her anymore. 

 

She turns around and returns the hug. 

 

" It's ok, Hayoung-na."

 

" No. It doesn't ok. I know I was wrong. Namjoo-ya, please forgive me."

 

She said and she is now snuggling towards Namjoo's embrace more and more. Namjoo tightly holds the crying girl and she nods.

 

" Alright. Alright. I forgive you."

 

She said and Hayoung looks up her. Namjoo looks down and their eyes meet. Namjoo feels that it is so hurt to see Hayoung's red and cracked eyes. She can't stand it.

 

She uses her thumbs to wipe the tears for Hayoung and whispers.

 

" Don't cry anymore. Ok??? "

 

" Namjoo-ya. I'm so sorry. I don't deserve your love. But if I can have a chance, I want to stay by your side again."

 

She said and Namjoo nods.

 

" Ok. Stay by my side."

 

" Thank you."

 

Hayoung said and she captures Namjoo's lips quickly. Namjoo can't move and she takes this chance to control the kiss. Namjoo feels blessing again from the kiss and she responses to it immediately. 

 

They break after a few minutes and Hayoung smiles.

 

" Namjoo-ya, you know?? I never feel regret to choose you. I love you."

 

" I love you too."

 

Namjoo said and they resume their kiss again. Both of them are happy as they can be together again.

 

Hayoung is thankful to Namjoo as she is giving her a chance again. She has been decided to be the best lover for Namjoo. 

 

She will not let go of Namjoo's hand this time.

 

 

 

 

Because she can't bear the pain of staying away from Namjoo. It is so hurt for her to stay away from the one she really loves.

 

Now she understands the value of love. And she will treasure this true love of Namjoo as she knows that Namjoo really loves her and she loves Namjoo too, with all her heart.