Romantic Trip Part IV

Don't Play With My Heart

Chorong is looking outside by the window. She is looking as far as she can hoping that she can see the camping students from her room.

 

She has been locking herself up in the room all day and looking outside and spending her times alone.

 

All the time, she is thinking about what to do in the future. She is wondering that she can stay by ignoring Bomi or not.

 

She knows that Bomi will not give up easily if she continues run away like this. And she also knows that it is too hurt to avoid her.

 

Right now, her heart is telling her to run to the forest and meet Bomi but her brain can't let her to do it.

 

* Knock Knock Knock *

 

" Yes??? "

 

" Chorong-na, it's me. Aunty Hyo."

 

" Ohh, please come in, aunty."

 

Chorong quickly walks to the door and she opens it for her Aunty. Hyoyeon smiles at her and she walks into the room.

 

" What are you doing, Chorong-na?? "

 

Hyoyeon asks as she sits on the bed. Chorong joins her on the bed and she answers.

 

" Nothing. I was just thinking random things."

 

" Immm."

 

Chorong looks at her aunty's face. She is so different from her parents. She is with golden blonde hair and the big crul waves of her hair help her more hot.

 

This business woman loves to work a lot and she usually stays at her work. So it is rare to see her at home. 

 

" Aunty, don't you go to work today?? "

 

" I just come back. It is so tired at work so I want to eat Taeyeon's food, too."

 

Hyoyeon said with a smile and she suddenly turns at Chorong.

 

" Chorong-na, I may stay away from house so I may not close to you as your aunty Sunny but I am more smart than her. Tell me what's wrong."

 

" Yes?? "

 

" I know something is in your mind. That's why you left at home. Why didn't you go to the trip??? "

 

" Because- "

 

Chorong doesn't know how to answer. She never tells lies so she doesn't know what to tell to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon looks at her face carefully and she slowly rubs her hair.

 

" Chorong-na, I love you the most among the three nieces because you remind me of someone. You are so look like to her. Chorong-na, you can tell me anything. You can tell me everything that you cannot tell to your parents."

 

Chorong thinks for a while and she knows that she needs some advice from someone. She looks at her aunty who is waiting for her patiently and she sighs.

 

" Aunty, I have a problem."

 

" It is a love problem, right??? "

 

" How do you know??? "

 

" Chorong-na, young and beautiful girls like you may have lover. I can guess it. So tell me, what's wrong??? "

 

Hyoyeon asks and Chorong lowers her head.

 

" She is Yoon Bomi. She is a normal human girl. She loves me a lot and I love her, too. But aunty, I can't tell her my love because I feel sorry for daddy. She gives me a lot of love and I feel guilty for her. That's why I lock up myself in my room and refuse to see her. If I see her face one more time, I'm not sure that I can control my feelings anymore. Aunty, what should I do??? "

 

Chorong asks Hyoyeon while she is holding her hands. Hyoyeon looks at her for a few seconds without any word and she asks her.

 

" Chorong-na, Aunty wants to ask you one thing."

 

" Yes? "

 

" Do you really love her??? "

 

" Yes?? "

 

" Can you love her forever??? Without any regret, without changing your heart??? "

 

Hyoyeon asks and Chorong nods her head.

 

" Yes. I can love her."

 

" Are you sure??? "

 

" Yes. "

 

" Chorong-na, let me tell you one thing. Regret is something that we experience when we did something that we shouldn't do or when we didn't do something that we should do. I don't want you to get regret."

 

Hyoyeon said and she then smiles at her niece.

 

" Chorong-na, we have to let go the things or person we love when it is needed. And we have to get things or person we love when it is needed. We are living creatures so we should enjoy our lives. Don't think too much, kid. Just think that which can make you happy."

 

Chorong is thinking what Hyoyeon has said. Hyoyeon sighs and she said.

 

" Love has no limit. Love is a thing that you can't control. If you love someone, go and get it before it is taken by others. Love has no unjustice. If you are thinking about your parents and let her go, you will be the one who will get hurt. Not them. Chorong-na, don't think too much and follow your heart."

 

" But, daddy- "

 

" Don't worry about her. She is also grown up from teenager life. She will understand you. She was crazy about your mommy at your age, too. So go and find your love, Chorong-na."

 

Hyoyeon said and Chorong looks at her aunty.

 

" What if Daddy finds out that I am not at home."

 

" Don't worry about it, too. I can take care of it by myself. Just go."

 

Hyoyeon said and Chorong stands up from her bed. She then smiles at her aunty.

 

" Thanks you, aunty. I really thanks you to give me some courage. I will go and tell her how I am feeling."

 

" Ok. Fighting, kid."

 

" Immm."

 

Chorong nods and she jumps out from her window and runs into the dark. Hyoyeon is looking at her disappearing from her sight.

 

Then she puts out a thing in her pocket. It is an hourglass which is not taller than about six inches. She puts it beside her and sighs.

 

" How are you doing??? Are you happy at there??? I have heard many things about heaven but unfortunately, I can't come to you even after I've died."

 

She whisperd while she is trying her best not to shed a tear.

 

" I told my niece to be brave and get her love. I don't want her to have the same fate like me. I was so stupid at that time. And I have to suffer the result for centuries. "

 

She smiles and the lone tear drops from the margin of her eye. But she doesn't wipe it.

 

" I have decided to help her to be ended with her love. This is the only thing that I can do for myself. This is the only way that I can cure my wounded heart."

 

She said and she gently grabs the hourglass and puts it back in her pocket.

 

" I miss you. I really miss you now."

 

She murmurs and lets the tears to run down freely as she cannot hide her emotions anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi is washing the dishes as she was so unlucky to lose in every game and selected to wash the dishes.

 

Everyone is going back to their tents and starts to travel to the dream land but she is still washing the dishes.

 

" Aish!!! How cruel they can be!! Why they want me to do all the dishes??? "

 

She murmurs and washes the froats with water. 

 

" But I have to blame on myself too. Why I have to lose all the games??? "

 

She said.

 

" This is all because of her."

 

She said and she sighs.

 

" I think she was angry with me. She didn't come to trip with her sisters. This means she hates me so much and she doesn't want to see me anymore."

 

She said in a sad mood and puts all the clean dishes on their places.

 

" Finish!!! I can have a rest now!! "

 

She said and she walks back to the tent that she share with the other two students. Eunji doesn't take any tent as she is following Naeun around all day and try to make up with her.

 

While she is walking back to her tent, she saw a figure jumping down from the air like a lightening.

 

" Wow. So cool. But who is this??? "

 

She thinks and she slowly walks towards that person. She knows that it is the girl by looking at her back. She seems she is looking for something or someone. She is peeking into the tents.

 

" What?? A thief?? "

 

Bomi thinks and she moves more closer to her. That girl is so lost in her weird actions and she doesn't aware that Bomi is closer to her.

 

" Where is she??? Should I call Namjoo or Jiyoung and ask?? "

 

Bomi's eyes widen when she hears the voice. Is she Chorong??? 

 

She thinks and she looks carefully at the girl. And she is so sure that this is her Chorong. Bomi smiles widely and she walks fast to the girl.

 

But Chorong is still unaware of the girl who is standing behind her.

 

" What are you doing?? "

 

She asks and Chorong doesn't turn towards her.

 

" I'm looking for Bomi."

 

" Really?? "

 

Bomi said with a playful tone and Chorong frozes at her spot.

 

She then slowly turns towards her back and she saw Bomi who is looking at her with a wide smile on her face.

 

" Hello, Chorong-na."

 

" Bo… Bomi. "

 

" What are you doing here?? "

 

" I- "

 

Chorong doesn't know what to answer as she doesn't expected to meet with Bomi like this. Bomi walks more closer to her and she stops right in front of her.

 

" Chorong-na, I think you didn't come with us, right??? What are you doing here?? "

 

" I- "

 

" Are you coming to look for me??? "

 

" Why I have to look for you?? "

 

Chorong said and she turns to the side as she doesn't want to face Bomi. Bomi doesn't let this to skip easily and so she continues asking.

 

" Chorong-na~~ Tell me~~"

 

" I don't know~~"

 

Chorong said and she starts to walk away from Bomi. Bomi follows her and she continues to asks her.

 

" How don't you know??? You clearly know it. Tell me~~~"

 

" I don't know. I don't know."

 

Chorong said and she continues walking. They reach near the place where the buses are resting and Chorong has nowhere to run away now.

 

" Where are you trying to go now??? "

 

Bomi said and then she walks closer to Chorong.

 

" Yah. Yah. Yah. Don't come near to me."

 

" Wae?? "

 

Bomi said and she tries to srops Chorong. But the other girl is trying to pass her so she has to extend her arms and stop Chorong.

 

" Go. Go. Go away!!! "

 

" Noooooooooo."

 

" Ahhhhhhhh."

 

" Ha ha ha."

 

Bomi tries to stop her and Chorong tries to run away, finally they end up like Chorong running into Bomi's embrace.

 

 

* Du gun Du gun Du gun *

 

The two are surprised as they didn't expect this to happen.

 

" Ya…Yah. Release me."

 

" Ooh. Sorry."

 

Bomi said and she quickly releases Chorong. And she is now rubbing the back of her neck in nervousness. Chorong is lowering her head and she is hiding her blushing face. Bomi is also with red face and she doesn't know what to say.

 

" Ummmm. Let's sit."

 

Bomi points to the bench which is near at the buses and she walks towards there. Chorong follows her and she is about to sit but Bomi quickly stops her.

 

" Wait!!! "

 

She then takes off her jumper and puts it on the bench.

 

" It's covered with dirt and your clothes will be dirty. Sit on this."

 

" But- "

 

" Sit."

 

Bomi makes Chorng to sit and she sits beside her. They both don't know what to say so they just sit at there.  

 

" Chorong-na, you are so like Eunji."

 

" Yes?? "

 

Chorong doesn't understand what Bomi is saying.

 

" No. I mean she is so cold and so do you."

 

She said and Chorong looks at Bomi with confused eyes.

 

" Do you know what she is??? "

 

She asks and Bomi is surprised.

 

" Chorong-na, what did you say??? Do you know what Eunji is?? "

 

" Yes."

 

Chorong answers and the alarms are ringing loudly in Bomi's head. She suddenly remembers how Chorong jumped down from the air not long ago.

 

She looks at Chorong's face and met with the black eyes.

 

" Omo."

 

She whispers. And she dares herself to ask a question.

 

" Please don't be mad at me or think me crazy. But Chorong-na, are you a vampire??? "

 

Bomi asks and Chorong's body becomes tremble.

 

" Is it true?? "

 

Bomi asks her again and Chorong nods her head slowly.

Bomi becomes silent and Chorong dares herself to look at Bomi.

 

" Are you afraid of me?? Or did you disappoint?? "

 

Chorong asks but Bomi doesn't reply. Chorong inhales and she continues.

 

" That's why I can't accept you. I came here to tell you this. Lucky to me, you have already known about the vampires so I don't have to explain you from the start."

 

Chorong tries her best not to shake her voice while talking to Bomi. She can understand that the human will afraid of them.

 

" Bomi-ya, don't be so afraid. I will not do anything to you. But please don't tell anyone about us. I'm going."

 

Chorong said and she stands up. She then slowly walks away from there.

 

One step

 

 

 

I can understand her. She is afraid of me now. Chorong thinks.

 

 

 

Two steps

 

 

 

She blinks fast to hold her tears back. Bomi doesn't really call her.

 

 

 

 

Five steps

 

 

 

She dreams that Bomi and she can be happy while coming to this but now she knows that everything is just an imaginary. There will be no love story between human and vampire.

 

 

 

 

Fifteen steps

 

 

 

Yah!! Yoon Bomi!! Are you really afraid of me now??? "

 

 

 

" Park Chorong!!! "

 

At that time, Bomi who has been sitting silently the whole time, looks at Chorong walking away and she wakes up from her thoughts suddenly.

 

She shouts and calls Chorong. Then she starts to run to Chorong and hugs her from the back, preventing her to go any further.

 

" Where are you going??? "

 

" Yah!! Yoon Bomi!! What happened?? Let me go."

 

" You think you can come to me as you like and you can go away from me as you like??? "

 

She said and she tightens her grip on Chorong. Chorong doesn't understand what is really happening at that moment.

 

" Chorong-na, you gave me hopes and then you dropped them again. You take me to the ninth cloud then you kick me off from there again. Chorong-na, are you trying to play with me??? "

 

Bomi said and she puts her chin on Chorong's shoulder.

 

" Chorong-na, although I can stand your play, my heart can't take it. It is longing for your love. I don't care who you are or what you are. I only know one thing that I love you."

 

Chorong is so touched by Bomi's words. Bomi inhales and she whispers.

 

" Chorong-na, don't play with my heart."

 

She said and Chorong lets her tears to fall. She then slowly turn her body to the side a little to see Bomi's face. Bomi leans closer to Chorong and she whispers again.

 

" Please. Don't play with my heart anymore."

 

She then presses her lips on Chorong.

 

 

One second

 

 

 

 

Two seconds

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three seconds

 

 

 

 

Then she slowly moves away herself.

 

" Please?? "

 

" Bomi-ya, we have to face many things if we decide to choose love."

 

" I can face anything if you are by my side. You know this already."

 

Bomi said and she playfully bites Chorong's ear. Chorong sighs.

 

" Bomi-ya, I'm afraid."

 

" Me, too."

 

Bomi said.

 

" I mean I am now about to date a vampire and what if she will bite and my blood if she is angry with me??? "

 

" Bo-ra!! I'm talking seriously."

 

Chorong said and she walks back to the bench again. Bomi follows her and she joins her on the bench.

 

" Chorong-na, you know?? I have been dreaming to have an alone time with you like this."

 

Bomi said and Chorong looks at her. Then she nods.

 

" Me, too."

 

" Really?? "

 

Bomi asks her in happiness but after that, she frowns. She doesn't say anything but she is now rubbing her arms with her hands. Chorong knows that Bomi is cold as she takes off her jumper.

 

" Are you cold?? "

 

" Huh? No. No. I'm fine."

 

Bomi said quickly but Chorong is already taking off her coat. Then she gives it to Bomi.

 

" Wear it."

 

" No. You will catch a cold."

 

" I'm a vampire so I'm ok."

 

" Don't lie to me. I'm living with a vampire so I know that vampires can catch a cold, too."

 

Bomi said firmly and Chorong sighs. And then she whispers.

 

" Let's share it."

 

She said and she puts the coat over both her and Bomi. 

 

" Come closer."

 

She whispers and Bomi smiles in more happiness. She quickly moves closer and enjoys the warmth of the coat. 

 

" My body is cold, right?? "

 

" No. Your heart is warm so I'm not feeling any cold."

 

" Stop saying cheesy."

 

" I'm telling the truth."

 

Bomi denies and she slowly leans on Chorong's shoulder.

 

" Chorong unnie?? "

 

" How did you call me?? "

 

" Awww. You are a vampire so you are much older than me, right?? "

 

" Yeah."

 

" I want to call you Chorong grandma but- "

 

" Yah!! Yoon Bomi!!! "

 

" No. No. Please don't be mad at me!! I am just joking. Actually, you look like an unnie for me so I just want to call you like this. Don't you like?? "

 

" No. It's ok if you like it, Bbom-ah."

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh "

 

" What happened?? "

 

Chorong is surprised when Bomi suddenly squeezes. Bomi shakes her head and she flashes her toothy smile.

 

" I am just happy that I like your petname for me soooooooooo much."

 

" Pabo."

 

Chorong said but she pads Bomi's head.

 

" Let's sleep now. You might be tired."

 

" It's ok. I still want to talk with you."

 

" We have many times to talk. Let's sleep now. I m tured of running to here from my house."

 

" Immm."

 

Bomi agrees and she closes her eyes as she is snuggling more on Chorong's shoulder while she is holding the older girl's hand. Chorong also leans her head on Bomi's head and she closes her eyes, too.

 

The new couple is sleeping under the moonlight as peaceful as ever. They are enjoying their alone moment and each of them is treasuring this precious moments deeply.

 

Both Chorong and Bomi are happy at that time. They are forgetting that they have to face many things in their future. For now, the only thing they matter most is the person next to them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning………………

 

 

" Bomi-ya??? "

 

" ………… "

 

" Bomi-ya?? "

 

" ………… "

 

" Yah!! Yoon Bomi!!! "

 

" Huh???? "

 

Bomi suddenly wakes up by Eunji's loud voice and she rubs her eyes.

 

" Awww, Eunji-ya."

 

" What are you doing here?? "

 

" I was talking with Chorong unnie and we slept on the bench. Wait. Where's Chorong unnie??? "

 

" Chorong?? Yah!! Are you dreaming?? She didn't come with us to the trip. Stop being stupid. And let's go back now."

 

" Wait. Are you serious?? "

 

" Yes. I was looking for you and saw you sleeping alone here."

 

" What?? "

 

Bomi becomes confused. All the things that happened at night are all dreams??? But it is so real to her.

 

Bomi is thinking but Eunji seems she is not patient with Bomi anymore.

 

" Yah!! Go and have breakfast. I have to look for Naeun. I didn't see her since morning."

 

" Arasso."

 

Bomi answers and Eunji walks away from her. Bomi sighs and she stands up from her seat.

 

" Huh??? "

 

She is surprised when the coat that is on her shoulder falls onto the ground.

 

" This is not mine."

 

She said and she remembers that Chorong gives her coat to her last night.

 

" OMG!! "

 

She thinks and she looks around the place to look for Chorong. She doesn't see anyone but she notices that there are some words on the bus's windowpane.

 

" Sorry to go first. I have to be at home before daddy wakes up. I will come back tonight. Love you."

 

" OMG!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh "

 

Bomi shouts in joy and she throws her fist into the air.

 

" This is not a dream. THIS IS NOT A DREAM!!!!!!!!! "

 

She shouts and she runs back to the place where the others are having breakfast. She thinks her feet don't touch the ground anymore. She feels like floating in the air.

 

 

 

She is so happy at that moment.

 

 

Because she is together with her love now.