Eunmi

Don't Play With My Heart

Bomi is sitting at the study table and she is reviewing the lessons that she is going to have an exam soon.

 

* Tik Tik Tik *

 

Bomi is surprised when she hears a strange weird sound on the window and she walks to there.

 

" Is there something??? "

 

She whispers and slowly removes the curtains.

 

" Huh??? "

 

She is so surprised when she sees a person hanging ob the branch of the tree and tipping in the window.

 

" What happened!!! "

 

She mutters and opens the door to see the familiar person.

 

" Eunji-ya!!! How you- "

 

She is about to ask but when she saw the blood on Eunji's shirt, she widens her eyes and let her friend to come in first.

 

" Come in. Come in. What happened to you?? "

 

She asks while she is helping Eunji to enter. But Eunji loses her balance and she falls onto the floor of Bomi's room like a heavy rice bag.

 

" Eunji-ya!!! "

 

Bomi widens her eyes when she saw blood coming out from Eunji's mouth.

 

" Are you ok??? What had happened??? "

 

" Water! Water! "

 

Eunji whispers and Bomi quickly stands up to take a towel of water.

 

" Here."

 

" Please help me."

 

" Arasso. Arasso."

 

Bomi helps Eunji to wipe off the blood and Eunji is now closing her eyes in pain. Bomi doesn't understand anything and she just looking at her friend's face.

 

" Eunji-ya. What do you need more??? "

 

Bomi asks but Eunji shakes her head. 

 

" No. I'm ok now."

 

She said and she tries to sit up on the floor. Bomi widens her eyes and she quickly helps her to stand up.

 

" But you have been injured badly. There is the cut- huh??? Where is the cut???? I just saw it clearly."

 

Bomi is surprised and she doesn't know what to do at that time. She definitely saw the cut but now where is it???? 

 

She thought and she looks at Eunji's face again. Eunji seems she is much better now. There is no more bleeding places on her body which makes Boni to surprise more and more.

 

" Eunji-ya. What is happening to you??? Why the cuts are disappearing???? "

 

" I- I- I don't know how to explain you."

 

Eunji starts and she looks at Bomi with blank eyes.

 

" This is a secret of nature but I have to reveal it to you. But before I say anything, you have to promise me one thing."

 

" Yes??? "

 

" You have to promise me tjat you will not tell it to anyone and you will have to transform one day for further security."

 

" What are you talking about??? What transform??? "

 

Bomi doesn't understand what Eunji is talking about and she asks her again. But Eunji seems she is serious and she looks at Bomi carefully.

 

" Promise me??? "

 

" Aish, ok. I promise. Now can you tell me what is the reason of your cuts disappearing like smokes."

 

Bomi said and Eunji sighs. She doesn't want Bomi to change into the creatures like them but she has no choice left as she chose Bomi's house to hide.

 

" Bomi-ya, I'm not a human like you think."

 

" Yes??? Then what are you?? "

 

" I'm a vampire."

 

" Yes??/ "

 

Bomi is surprised. But she smiles immediately and she looks at her with a huge smile.

 

" Yah!! What are you trying to say??? The twilight series??? "

 

She thinks it is a joke but Eunji seems she is serious here.

 

" No. I'm telling the truth. I'm a vampire."

 

" If you are a vampire, I will be the zombie. A gorrila zombie!!! "

 

Bomi said while she is trying to pretend like a zombie. Eunji shakes of her head at her stupid friend and she said.

 

" Bomi-ya, I know you won't believe me but there are four kinds of man in this world including human."

 

" What!! "

 

" There are four kinds of man. Human, vampire, warewolf and the last one is - "

 

" Soulkeeper, I know this story. This is written in the story book that I found in Nana unnie's room."

 

" This is not a story, Bomi. This is a legand. The legand of four kinds of man."

 

Eunji said and Bomi looks at her with suspecious eyes.

 

" I'm not joking around. So don't look at me like this."

 

She said and she stands up with te help of Bomi. And she sits on the bed.

 

" Let me explain from the start. I am a vampire and I don't know how I became one. All I know is that when I open my eyes, I was in the middle of a soulkeeper gang."

 

" They didn't kill you??? "

 

" No. They just make me to be their servant. I have to do everything they asked including killing my own sane kind vampires."

 

" Omo! This is so cruel."

 

" Yes. So I decided to run away from them. I came to Seoul and worked like a normal people before I met with Naeun. She is like a light to my life. I can find happiness again because of her."

 

Eunji said while she is smiling.

 

" And I thought my life is ok again. Last week, the soulkeepers found me again and they tried to ruin my life. The new gang including five boys and two girls. You remember??? "

 

" I know. Kibum is his name. Right??? "

 

" Yes. And I covered my true identity from them. I mean Naeun's family. They don't know I was part of soulkeepers. I didn't te them a I was afraid of losing them. They will hate me if they know that I was under the soulkeepers. So I decided not to tell them."

 

Eunji explains and Bomi still doesn't understand what is she trying to say.

 

" How you get this injuries, Eunji-ya??? "

 

Bomi asks and Eunji sighs.

 

" Today, the four leaders of the Soulkeepers came to our house and they lied to Yul appa that I'm still under them. Yul appa believed them and she kicked me put from the house."

 

" What!!! Did they say like this??? Why the Kwon did listen to you??? "

 

" They didn't believe me."

 

" This is no way. They believed the strangers but not you??? This is so !! What about Naeun??? "

 

" She also doesn't believe me. She thought that I have lied to her."

 

" What!! "

 

Bomi is so furious.

 

" This is really nonsense. This is really- Ahhhhhh. I want to slap her to take some sense into her."

 

Eunji shakes her head and she wants to stop the angry Bomi.

 

" No, Bomi-ya. This is my false. I am the one who make everyone to misunderstand me. I should be more opened. This is all my mistake so don't blame on them."

 

Eunji said while she is silently shedding tears and Bomi hugs her friend.

 

" Don't worry, friend. Everything will be ok. But they really need to hit you that much. See yourself. Everything is bloody."

 

Bomi said but Eunji shakes her head again.

 

" It's not like this. If Yul appa want to hurt me, I might have died now. She only used just one-fourth of her strength. "

 

Eunji said and Bomi sits beside her again.

 

" I don't understand your vampire processes. How you have blood?? I mean you it from others, right?? But how- "

 

" Bomi-ya. This is hard to explain. Vampires are differebt in people. But they are not you think. We do blood but not from the humans. Human blood is like poison to us. If we drink this, we will changed into a monster or a beast. So we don't want to drink human blood."

 

" And of course, we do have blood as we are mankind too. But we are cold-blooded unlike from humans. So if we injured, the blood doesn't come out immediately. And we have an awesome healing ability."

 

Eunji explains and Bomi is listening carefully every words.

 

" That's mean vampires are not dangerous to us. Right?? "

 

" Kind of. We don't harm any people. But we are aleays fighting with soulkeepers."

 

" Why soulkeepers are trying to kill you?? "

 

Bomi asjs and Eunji looks at her.

 

" They think that killing every vampire is the solution of the problem. You know the legandary about Jiyeon's spirit. Right??? They thibk that this is true and they tried to kill every vampire for prevention."

 

" This is crazy."

 

" Yes, this is. But they think that it is the best."

 

Eunji said while she remembers how she had to kill vampires. Then she looks at Bomi and and sighs.

 

" I have reveal all my secrets to you so you have to hide it fron everywhere."

 

" Immm. I understand."

 

Bomi answers. Eunji leans closer to her ear and she whispers.

 

" And you have to transform into one of us one day."

 

" What!! "

 

" This is for furthur security. If you refuse to be one of us, we have to kill you."

 

" What!!! "

 

" I am just kidding so please stop saying loudly. I will not kill you for real. But you have to transform no matter what."

 

" I don't want to be vampire. They are immortal and I hate of watching the ones I love dying day by day while I am forever alive."

 

" No. Vampires do die. And don't worry about it. The vampires are always live in family so you will not he lonely."

 

" But I don't want to watch her dying."

 

" Her??? Who?? "

 

" Who else?? Park Chorong, of course."

 

" Park Chorong??? Ahhh. The cold girl from the famous Kim family."

 

" Don't say her cold. She is not cold. She is so good to me."

 

" Yes. This is because you were a hero for her at that day."

 

Eunji said and Bomi smiles widely.

 

" Eunji-ya. You know?? I can't stay without her. That's why I don't want to be a vampire."

 

Eunji laughs at her cute love pabo friend.

 

" This is not right, Bomi-ya. There is some tricks here."

 

" Hmmm??? What do you mean?? "

 

" I can't tell you."

 

" Yah!!! "

 

Bomi shouts but Eunji is just laughing. 

 

" Is there any vampire family like you??? "

 

" Imm. There are."

 

" Who??? "

 

" Bomi-ya. I can't tell who are vampires and who are wolves. This is their private and if they don't want to tell people, the other vampires cannot reveal it to the others. This is the rule between us."

 

" Awww. So I cannot know who are vampires?? "

 

" Of course. You can't."

 

Eunji said and she lied down in Bomi's bed.

 

" This is not comfortable."

 

" Sorry, if I am not good enough like your Naeun. But I only can do likt this. So close your eyes and just sleep."

 

" You make me to remember about her."

 

Eunji said while she is remembering about Naeun. Bomi feels sorry for her mistake and she pads her friend's back.

 

" I'm sorry. But I believe you guys wil be ok, soon. She loves you too much and she will understands you. She is just saying cruel words as she is now hot headed. Everthing will be set back to normal after they understand the truth. "

 

" I hope so."

 

Eunji whispers but she sighs as she understand how much Yul appa's anger is scary and dangerous. They will not forgive her that easily.

 

" I really love her and I didn't use her."

 

Eunji whispers but Bomi can still hear her well.

 

" She is the reason while I became happy once again."

 

Bomi undersootands how Eunji is feeling now and she