Chorong's story Part II

Don't Play With My Heart

Silence…………

 

 

 

 

Only silence is taking place in the room. No one dares to talk and they are afraid of breaking the silence.

 

But they know that they have to talk. Bomi looks at Hyoyeon and she asks.

 

" What do you mean, aunty Hyo??? "

 

Hyoyeon doesn't answer and she keeps quiet. Bomi sighs and she asks again.

 

" What do you mean?? "

 

Hyoyeon looks at them and they notice her red eyes.

 

" Yes, that is."

 

She whispers. 

 

" I am sorry. And I feel sorry for myself, too. Why I have to be the one who have to tell you about it??? "

 

She is talking to herself and sighs.

 

" Chorong-ah, you can't change the fate. You are the chosen one."

 

She said one word by word and Chorong lifelessly falls back to the couch. Bomi is trying herself not to explore out and she asks in confirmation.

 

" Are you telling that Chorong unnie will be like Juhyun unnie??? "

 

Hyoyeon nods heavily. Bomi swallows the saliva with difficulty and she bites her lip. She looks at Chorong and turns back to Hyoyeon again.

 

" There is no way to save unnie??? "

 

" It's not like this."

 

" It is possible to save unnie?? "

 

" Yeah. We are trying our best to save Chorong."

 

" I don't want to!! "

 

Both of them are surprised when Chorong suddenly shouts. She looks at them and she shouts again.

 

" I don't want to be like her!!! Why I have to turn into an evil?? This is……………… This is so……………… impossible."

 

" Chorong-ah, listen to me first."

 

" Unnie, please calm down."

 

" How can I??? How can I calm down when I know that I am an evil!!!!! "

 

" Unnie, unnie. Look at me!!! "

 

Bomi tries to calm down the angry Chorong. She holds the older girl by the shoulder and forces her to look at her.

 

" Unnie!!! "

 

Chorong looks at Bomi and she becomes quiet. And the younger girl smiles at her.

 

" Unnie, you are not an evil."

 

" But……… "

 

" Believe me. You always are an angel for me. And I know that you will never change yourself. You can fight for it."

 

She said and Chorong doesn't know how to answer. She knows that her lover is saying this only to make her less worried. 

 

At that time, Hyoyeon is listening and watching them and she feels sorry for the younger ones. But she has to break them up no matter what.

 

She sighs and she stands up.

 

" Kid, I am sorry to tell this but you have to come back to Korea with me."

 

Chorong's face changes and she holds Bomi's hand tightly.

 

" Aunty, I………… "

 

" We need to protect you. That's why your daddy didn't accept your love. She just wanted to protect both of you."

 

" No, aunty. I don't want to go back. Daddy will break us again."

 

Chorong said stubbornly so Hyoyeon looks at Bomi who is thinking about something.

 

Bomi seems she is easier to talk. I have to make a story.

 

Hyoyeon thinks and she continues.

 

" We need Chorong to put under our protection. The red fullmoon day is nearer and we need to control her. Bomi-ah, you don't want to hurt her. Right?? "

 

Bomi looks at her and she asks.

 

" Is unnie going to be alright?? "

 

" Yes. After the red fullmoon day, everything will be ok."

 

Hyoyeon said and Bomi nods. And she looks at Chorong.

 

" Unnie, let's go back."

 

" No, Bomi-ah. I cannot have a chance to meet you if we go back to Korea."

 

" No. No. I will talk with your daddy. She will agree you to date Bomi. I promise."

 

Hyoyeon quickly said before Bomi changes her mind. Poor Chorong looks at her lover's face and she asks.

 

" Do you want me to go back?? "

 

" Yes."

 

Bomi whispers and Chorong inhales.

 

" Alright. Let's go back."

 

After this answer, Hyoyeon has already taken out her phone to order the plane tickets for tonight.

 

Chorong is still not sure about going back to Korea. She looks at Bomi and the younger girl weakly smiles at her. But she doesn't smile instead she tightens their intertwined hands.

 

They don't know what their fate will be in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" We are here."

 

Hyoyeon said and Chomi who are sitting at the back seat realise that they are already in front of the Kim house. 

 

Hyoyeon gets out from the car and she is waiting for her niece to come down.

 

" Go, unnie."

 

" Bbom-ah, follow me."

 

" Ummm, but your daddy will be mad if she sees me."

 

" I am not going if you don't follow."

 

Chorong said like a kid and she is crossung her amrs. Hyoyeon hears everything and she knocks in the windowpane.

 

* knock knock knock *

 

" Yoy should come in, Bomi-ah. You should greet them."

 

She said and Bomi nervously nods. She is afraid of going into the Kim house because she is the one who stole their precious daughter and ran away.

 

But she knows that Chorong will not go if she doesn't go in so she comes out from the car together with Chorong.

 

 

* door bell *

 

 

Hyoyeon presses the doorbell and both of the kids' are nervous all of a sudden. The door is opened and a shadow runs into them.

 

" Chorong-ah!!! "

 

And Chorong is pulled away from Bomi and she finds herself in the arms of her daddy.

 

" My girl. Are you alright?? Are you hurt??? "

 

" Daddy~~ "

 

" I am worried for you. Now, it's a relief."

 

Taeyeon said and she pulls herself away from her daughter. And she looks at Chorong's face and touches the skin.

 

" You look thinner."

 

She whispers and tears form in her eyes. But she blinks quickly to hide them from her daughter and tries to smile.

 

" Daddy, I am sorry. I am so sorry."

 

Chorong said and she starts to cry. Taeyeon wipes the tears for her and she said.

 

" Let's go inside. Everyone is waiting for you."

 

Taeyeon said and she hugs Chorong by the shoulder. And they enter into the house leaving Bomi awkwardly standing alone.

 

Hyoyeon pads her shoulder and she smiles.

 

" Let's go."

 

" But, I……… "

 

" It's ok. Come in. Everyone here welcome you."

 

" I think except one."

 

Bomi whispers but Hyoyeon clearly hears this and she laughs. And she leads Bomi to enter the house.

 

" I am coming back!!! "

 

" Hello. Nice to meet you again."

 

" Omo!! Bomi-ah. Welcome home!! Hyoyeon-ah!!! "

 

Sunny runs to them and she gives them a hug. Bomi doesn't know what can happen to her. May be she is kicked out from the house by Kim Taeyeon the Great???

 

" Oh, what are you doing?? Have a seat, kid."

 

Tiffany said and she walks to Bomi from making a family hug with her daughter and husband. She pulls Bomi from the hand and makes her to sit beside Chorong. Chorong quickly holds Bomi's hand as soon as she sits.

 

" Unnie!!! "

 

At that time, the two younger Kim run down from the upstairs and they try to hug their unnie.

 

" We miss you!!! "

 

" Aww. I miss you, too."

 

Chorong said and she hugs her sisters back. 

 

" Hey. Hey. Your unnie is tired. Don't try to break her with your rough hug!! "

 

" Daddy~~ Why are you scolding us?? "

 

" We are just happy as unnie is back."

 

" Don't be talkative and sit."

 

" Yes."

 

The two daughters said in unison and they sit beside their mother. Hyoyeon claps and she said cheerfully.

 

" Now, all the family members are here and we can be happy again. Alright?? "

 

She said but everyone is looking at Bomi and Bomi becomes uneasy.

 

" Ummmm, I………… "

 

She tries to say something but she doesn't know how to start so she pauses the sentence in the middle.

 

" Yoon Bomi."

 

" Yes? "

 

Taeyeon looks at Bomi and the younger is afraid of her so she shifts her gaze away immediately.

 

" Thank you."

 

After a few seconds, Taeyeon said and Bomi is surprised by that. She nervously rubs the back of her neck and answers.

 

" I did nothing good. There is no need to thank me."

 

" No. Thank you for returning my daughter."

 

Taeyeon said and Chorong looks at her father in horror.

 

" What do you mean return??? Daddy, what are you planning to do?? "

 

" You have to stay here. And she has to stay in her house."

 

" Daddy!! I can't live without her."

 

Chorong said and she tightens her fingers around Bomi. 

 

" Chorong-ah, we are doing this just because of you. Bomi is a normal human girl and if you lose control, you might kill her. It is dangerous for her to stay in one room with you."

 

Sunny said and she eyes Taeyeon signaling not to force the kids. Taeyeon notices her mistake and she sighs.

 

" Sunny's right. We still have to improve ourselves to control you. This will be super difficult if she is around us and we have to extra protect her."

 

" But………… "

 

" I understand how you are feeling. But she can always come and meet you everytime you want. And we will let you to talk on phone."

 

Tiffany also joins and Chorong looks at her father. Taeyeon smiles and she nods, confirming that she will agree.

 

" Unnie, stay here. It's safe for you."

 

Bomi said and she holds on their intertwined hands.

 

" We are not breaking up so this is the best we can expect."

 

" I don't want to stay away from you."

 

" Me, too. But unnie, we have to listen to them. They are the elders and they know what to do."

 

" Right. Yoon Bomi's right. We are the elders and you have to listen to us."

 

Taeyeon said and Chorong doesn't like this. What does this mean???

 

Namjoo and Jiyoung look at each other as they also can feel that something is wrong with their father. Why she is too easy to agree with everything??? Their father doesn't seem like herself. 

 

But Bomi who is unaware of everything is smiling like an innocent kid and she is saying thank you to the Kim non-stop for letting them to date.

 

After they had the lunch together, it is the time to go back home for Bomi. She said goodbye to the Kim and they all give them their alone time to say goodbye.

 

Chorong takes Bomi to the yard and they sit on the bench. Chorong is still holding her hand the whole time and Bomi knows that the unnie doesn't want to let her go.

 

" Unnie, you will be fine. And we will be fine, too."

 

" But I am afraid. What if I can't have a chance to meet you again??? "

 

" It will never happen. It seems your parents are promising persons."

 

" Immm. But I am still worried."

 

" Awww, unnie. You are over worrying."

 

Bomi said and she looks down at the older girl's face who is leaning on her shoulder.

 

" Why are you looking at?? "

 

" You are beautiful."

 

Bomi said randomly and Chorong blushes again. It is not the first time that she hears this from Bomi but the younger girl never fails to make her blush everytime she says that.

 

" Bbom-ah, I will miss you tonight."

 

" Me, too. But unnie, like your parents said, you can call me. We will talk the whole night till you fall asleep."

 

" Really?? "

 

" Imm."

 

" Promise me."

 

" Ok. Promise!! "

 

Bomi said and they link their pinky together. And they smile while looking at each other's face. Bomi slowly removes the hair on Chorong's cheek and she caresses the smooth skin lightly.

 

" I love you, Rong unnie."

 

" Love you more."

 

Chorong whispers and she suddenly leans towards Bomi. And they start to kiss. It is just an innocent white kiss. They both are worrying about their future and the danger surrounding them that they cannot see.

 

They pull away after a minute but they lean on each other foreheads.

 

" Unnie, listen to your parents. I will come and find you."

 

" When?? Tomorrow?? "

 

" I will come as soon as possible. I don't think it is a good idea to come to your house frequently. Your father is still angry with me."

 

" Yes. I know. But I am thankful to her as she allows me to date you."

 

" Immm. She is a kind woman. She became a tough lady for her very own reasons."

 

They comment and Bomi stands up. Chorong does't want to let go of her hand and so they walk to the front door together.

 

" I am going, unnie. Go to your room and take a rest. You are tired already."

 

" Bomi-ah~~ "

 

" I can't stay here. Hmmm. I'll be back."

 

" Arasso. Don't sleep early tonight. I will call you."

 

" Immm. Bye bye, unnie."

 

Bomi said and she gently and lightly removes Choring's hand. And she turns around and starts to walk away from the house.

 

" Bomi-ah!! "

 

But Chorong calls her again and she turns around. And she is embraced by Chorong's arms suddenly.

 

" Wae, unnie?? "

 

" I don't know but I have a bad feeling about us."

 

" Awww, silly unnie. There will be nothing between us. Believe me."

 

Bomi said and Chorong pulls away herself from the younger girl. And she is wiping her own tears like a kid. Bomi laughs and she ruffles Chorong's hair.

 

" My unnie is too cute. Don't worry. Just go to your room and take a rest. Ok??? Listen to me if you love me."

 

She said and the older girl nods.

 

" Arasso."

 

" I am really going."

 

Bomi said and she starts to walk. But she is walking backwards and waving at Chorong. Chorong laughs and she waves back till Bomi disappears at the corner.

 

" Unnie, call me tonight!!! "

 

But the younger girl reappears at the corner and she shouts before she disappears again.

 

" She is really something."

 

Chorong whispers.

 

" Unnie, sarangnae!!! "

 

Bomi appears again and she shouts. And she waves at Chorong and this time, she has really gone. Chorong shakes her head and whispers.

 

" Why my lover has to be a dorky girl?? But I love her too much. She is cute in every way."

 

She smiles shyly at her own comments and walks back into the house to do things that Bomi told her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Bomi-ah?? "

 

Bomi turns around when she hears her name is called and she sees Chorong's mother behind her. 

 

" Hello, aunty."

 

" Yes. Can I have a talk with you?? "

 

She asks and Bomi wonders what she wants to say. What if she asks her to break up with Chorong unnie?? But she thinks it is rude to reject the elder's request especially it is Chorong's mother so she nods.

 

" Yes."

 

" Come on, kid."

 

Tiffany leads her into the ice-cream shop that they see in front and they sit at one table. Bomi goes and takes the ice-cream for them and she puts the orders on the table.

 

" Hmmmm. It seems delicious. It's been a long time since I last ate the ice-cream."

 

The woman said and Bomi sits quietly. She laughs and takes the spoon.

 

" Don't be so tense, Bomi-ah. I am not talking about anything serious. I just want to say thank you."

 

" Really??? Aren't you about to force me to leave Chorong unnie?? "

 

Bomi asks and Tiffany smiles. And she shakes her head.

 

" I understand why my daughter fell for you. You are an innocent and lovely kid."

 

Bomi doesn't know what she should said so she just nods. Tiffany gives the spoon in her hand to Bomi and said.

 

" Eat it. It's about to melt."

 

" Yes. Thank you. I will eat well."

 

They sit in the comfortable silence and Tiffany is checking Bomi all the time while enjoying the ice-cream together. When the kid is finished eating, she sighs.

 

" This girl doesn't look like a soulkeeper from head to toe. May be we can tame her."

 

She thinks and she looks at Bomi. Bomi notices Tiffany's secret glances so she clears and puts down the spoon.

 

" You can say anything you want to me."

 

" Hmm?? I have nothing special. I just want to ask you a few questions."

 

" Yes?? "

 

" How far have you gone with my daughter?? "

 

* cough cough cough *

 

" Yes?? "

 

Bomi chokes and her face turns red immediately. Tiffany also blushes but she continues.

 

" I was just curious."

 

" I'm sorry. I………… "

 

Bomi can't answer it easily and Tiffany understands.

 

" So you…………… you know. You did…………………… it??? "

 

" ………………… "

 

" Bomi-ah, you became our family member."

 

Tiffany said and Bomi looks at her in surprise.

 

" We accept you. And thank you for understanding my daughter's condition and return her home. We really need to put her under our eye."

 

" Yes."

 

" And Bomi-ah. Don't worry too much. As we have said, you can call her everytime you want and you can visit home when you want to meet her."

 

" Can I?? "

 

" Yes. But TaeTae is still uneasy with you so don't come frequently."

 

" Yes. I understand."

 

Bomi said and she stands up.

 

" Thank you for letting us, aunty."

 

" Aunty?? Still aunty?? We let you to call us daddy and mommy like Chorong calls since long time ago."

 

" Can I still call you like this?? "

 

" Of course."

 

Tiffany said while she is showing her eyesmile. Bomi smiles with her toothy smile. She is happy as the Kim family accepts her as their family member.

 

" And we have to consider about your transfornation after the red fullmoon day."

 

Tiffany whispers and Bomi believes her now. They really let her to date Chorong unnie.

 

" Mommy, unnie will be alright after the red fullmoon day. Right?? "

 

" Yes."

 

" It's a relief. I was worrying so much the whole flight to Korea."

 

Bomi said as she can't fully believe Hyoyeon. Now, it is unnie's mother who is giving confirmation so she is relieved a little.

 

" There is no need for you to be worried. We can handle this."

 

Tiffany said with a heavy mind. She doesn't want to lie this kid but it is a white lie so it doesn't harm anyone. At least, they are taking everything under control now.

 

" Ummm, Bomi. You need a ride?? I can drive you home."

 

She asks but the teenager girl shakes her head.

 

" No. I just want to walk. I have to go to my friend's house first."

 

She answers with a smile and Tiffany nods.

 

" Alright. Then, I am going. See you."

 

" Have a safe drive."

 

Bomi said and she bows the woman. She watches the car till it disappears from her sight and she walks back to her house. She doesn't know what to say to Nana unnie and Lizzy unnie when she arrives home.

 

" I have to apologize to them. They might be really worried for me."

 

Bomi thinks and she feels guilty. She did something really crazy. But that two weeks were the best days of her life.

 

 

* strong wind blowing *

 

 

" What happens?? "

 

The surrounding is suddenly changed and the wind starts to blow roughly. Bomi looks around and she notices that she is alone in the street. 

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

 

Faint whispers of the laughing sound is running around her in the air and Bomi notices that something is really wrong.

 

" What can I do?? "

 

She asks herself but she knows that she is just a normal human girl who can do nothing. How she can fight against someone who has super powers?? 

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

 

The dusts are flowing in the atmosphere and it prevents Bomi's sight to see clearly. Bomi bites her lip and she shouts.

 

" Who are you??? "

 

" Awww. How cute!!! "

 

Bomi hears the whispers right against her left ear. She quickly turns around and checks but there is no one.

 

" Wae??? Can't you see me?? Is the most powerful person in this world that weak??? "

 

" Who are you??? Show yourself!! "

 

Bomi shouts and the wind becoms weak. The dusts around her becomes calm down and everything slowly returns to normal.

 

Bomi rubs her own eyes and when she opens her eyes again, she sees a lady standing in front of her.

 

She is not a tall woman but with a well built figure. She has golden bangs highlighted with black hair. She looks at Bomi and laughs.

 

" Hello, kid. You have grown already more than I have expected."

 

" Who are you?? What do you want from me?? "

 

Bomi asks and the lady shakes her head. And she walks to Bomi and pads her shoulder.

 

" Don't worry. I will not harm you. And I am a good friend of your parents. I am here to teach you about thr things you should know."

 

" What are you talking?? I don't understand a thing."

 

" What?? Don't you know who you are??? "

 

The lady becomes surprised and she asks. Bomi shakes her head and answers the truth.

 

" I am Yoon Bomi. And my parents are dead. That's all I know."

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! She knows nothing!!! "

 

The lady shouts like a crazy person and Bomi moves two steps backwards. But the lady leans towards her and she points her index finger against Bomi's nose.

 

" You………… "

 

She pauses. Bomi blinks and she is waiting for her speak.

 

" You are a soulkeeper."

 

The lady said one word by word which can wipe off the smile on Bomi's face.

 

" You are the strongest soulkeeper in the world, Yoon Bomi."

 

She repeated while looking into Bomi's brown eyes.