ChangJo! ChangJo!

I'll protect you

(EunJi pov)

I asked Jonghwan’s parent that me and Niel oppa will go back on our own. At first they didn’t approve it until I told them that we’re with our friend. Three of us spent our time shopping and play games. I don’t know should I be happy or not? I’m happy because ChangJo was with us but opposite when I think of Yoomi. She wasn’t here with us. Furthermore, Yoomi didn’t know that I like ChangJo. She should be here with ChangJo. I hope she will not be sad or hate me. We went back to our resort at 7.45p.m. as Jonghwan’s parent keep calling me and ask us to have dinner together. They also asked us to invite our friend, that’s mean ChangJo. I shouldn’t invite him as Jonghwan will be there also. I didn’t even told ChangJo they invite him for dinner. We just went separate way when we arrive at the resort. I went back with Niel oppa to our room while ChangJo room is on the next level.

“Oppa oppa.. Omma appa asked me to invite ChangJo also but we shouldn’t invite him right?” I immediately asked Niel oppa as soon we enter our room.

“Just invite him. What’s the problem?” Niel oppa laid down on the bed. Maybe he’s tired.

“Oppa~ Jonghwan will be there also. And they’re not our real parent. ChangJo thought of them as our parent.”

“It’s not my problem.”

“OPPA!! What should I say to omma appa if they asked about ChangJo later?”

“Just ask ChangJo to come. So that you don’t need to think about it.”

“I’m serious oppa~”

“If you don’t ask him, I’ll ask him.” he took out his phone and make a phone call. I wait for him to talk to whoever on the phone.

“ChangJo.. What are you doing later?” I was shocked when Niel oppa blurted out his name. Don’t tell me he will invite him later. I approached Niel oppa and wanted to snatch his phone but he got up from the bed.

“Let have dinner together later. Meet us the the dining hall at 8.30p.m.” he hang up and look at me with an evil smirk.

“Oppa! Why you invite him?” I sat on the bed.

“Omma invite him right? We should do it.”

“Oppa! I don’t know you’re so cruel at me. What should I say to him if he saw Jonghwan? What if he know later that they’re not our real parent?”

“Just tell him the truth.”

“OPPA!! You think it’s that easy? What if he ask how I can be close to Jonghwan? What if they start to have fight later?”

“Then don’t be with Jonghwan anymore.”

“OPPA!!!!”

“Alright alright.. I’ll help you to explain it later. Ok?”

“Ne~” I hug him before going to take a bath and get ready for the dinner.

After both of us done our preparation for our dinner, both of us went to the lift and went the lift open, ChangJo was inside it. I was frozen when our eyes meet and it’s like the time stop suddenly. I was back to reality when Niel oppa grab me inside the lift and left me standing between them.

“Niel hyung.. Is it just the three of us or anyone else?”

“There’s other but just see later.”

“Alright.” As the lift open, we walked together with me and Niel oppa walk hand in hand. ChangJo following us from behind. We enter the hall and saw Jonghwan’s parent already sat at a table. But there’s no Jonghwan around. We approached them following by ChangJo.

“Omma appa.. This is our friend, ChangJo.” I introduce him to them. He greet them with manner as he bowed at them.

“I’m Choi JongHyun. All my friends call me ChangJo.”

“You’re really good-looking. Sit here.” Jonghwan’s mother motioned him to sit beside her and that’s mean he’s sit beside me also.

“So since when did you all become friend?” Jonghwan’s father asked us.

“He has been my friend since 3 years and EunJi I think this year.”

“How old are you ChangJo?” Jonghwan’s father again asked.

“15. Same as EunJi.”

“Really? Why you just become friend this year?”

“There’s some incident happen making us become close.”

“Omma appa.. Stop asking. Can we eat now?”

“Alright. We’ll talk again later.” With that we get our food and have our dinner together. Something’s weird as Jonghwan did not attend our dinner. I would like to ask his parent but ChangJo was here. He would know that they’re not out real parent.

“Omma.. Where’s Jonghwan?” I ask her as soon ChangJo excused himself to the washroom.

“I don’t know. He said he need to meet someone.”

“Who?”

“He didn’t tell us.” Jonghwan’s father answered back.

“EunJi.. Don’t bother about him.” Niel oppa whisper to me. I about to answer him back but ChangJo came back from the washroom.

“ChangJo-ah.. Do you have girlfriend?” Jonghwan’s mother suddenly asked him. I was about to drink my orange juice choked upon hearing the question.

“Girlfriend? N-ne.” I don’t know was it my imagination or what as I feel that ChangJo stared at me for a while.

“Are you on the same trip with her?”

“Ne”

“Can we meet her?”

“Omma~~ Stop asking him. His girlfriend is busy right now.”

“Are you friend with her girlfriend?”

“Ne. Please don’t ask again.”

“Then.. Do your boyfriend also her friend also?” Boyfriend? I think for a while until I get what that mean. My boyfriend, Niel oppa.

“No. He don’t know her.” I take a look at ChangJo and he also seem confused or curious about the boyfriend.

“You have boyfriend?” his direct question making me more nervous. What should I say now? He know Niel oppa is my brother and he wouldn’t be my boyfriend. Then he also would know that they’re not my parent. It would be weird right if own parent don’t know their own child.

“I thought you’re their friend. Isn’t Niel you boyfriend?” Jonghwan’s mother asked me. I was left dumbfounded there without knowing what to answer.

“Niel hyung? Isn’t they’re your child?”

“My child?” she chuckled a bit. “You must confuse because they call us omma appa. We’re not their parent but I thought of them as my own child.”

“How.. do… you meet?”

“My son brought EunJi to my house. I start to like her and think of her as my daughter. Then she brought her boyfriend, Niel, along to this trip.”

“ChangJo-ah… I’ll talk to you later.” he ignored me and keep asking Jonghwan’s mother.

“Then… Who’s your son?”

“Jonghwan.” I can saw that he got shocked and look at me. His eyes tell me that he was disappointed.

“ChangJo! ChangJo!” I yell his name as he went away from the dining hall to someplace. Niel oppa hug me to comfort me from bursting into tears in front of Jonghwan’s parent.

“EunJi-ah.. Wae? Omma said something bad?”

“No no omma.. Omma appa.. I think I need to go now. Niel oppa, I’ll search for him.”

“I’ll go with you.” With that both of us ran out from the dining hall and search for ChangJo. He look very mad just now and leave without a single word. I’d call Yoomi also but she said he didn’t call her. We already searched for him about 15 minutes but can’t find him. I suggested at Niel oppa the he should went back to his room while I’ll continue searching for ChangJo. Even though Niel oppa disagreed, I insisted to search for ChangJo. I wandered around the resort, didn’t care the darkness of the night anymore. I when to the place where me and ChangJo was left alone that day and surprised when I saw a back figure of a guy sitting there. I approached him slowly and sat beside him.