I'll do anything!

I'll protect you

(EunJi pov)

I know that I’m nothing to ChangJo but at least this time I want to protect him from Jonghwan. Jonghwan have the courage to tease ChangJo after that incident. I can’t let ChangJo just like that. It’s my fault that the other students not afraid of him. That’s why there’s rumour about me threaten ChangJo to be my boyfriend.


(Flashback)

I saw Jonghwan tease ChangJo infront of other students at the canteen. ChangJo can’t defend himself as he look depressed this few days. Because of this Teen Top and Jonghwan always get in a fight but ChangJo didn’t step into it. He just stay silent. I can’t look him like that. I think of a solution to help him. As I get not so good idea, I gather my courage to work my plan. As I saw him pass in front of me, I called him.

“J-j-Jonghwan” he turn to look at me.

“Me? You call me?” he point his finger to himself. I nodded as I’m sure that I call him.

“C-can I tal-talk to you?”

“Me? Woo~ Are you not afraid of me? Nevermind. So what is it?”

“I-I want to ask you a favour.”

“You ask me?”

“Pl-please leave ChangJo. He’s not at fault. I was the one that force him. I threaten him to be my boyfriend. I already know that he already has girlfriend so that’s why I threaten to be my boyfriend.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“I beg you. Please don’t disturb him anymore. I’ll do anything for you.” I kneel down on my knee.

“You’ll do anything?” I nodded at him.”Alright. I’ll think about it.”

“Ne.”

“Then.. We’ll see again.” He went away while I tried to stand up. i don’t regret it anyway as long as ChangJo back to his normal life. The news spread afterward and I just let it go. I’ll take the risk for ChangJo.

(End of flashback)
 

Instead of ChangJo, he now bullied me or asked me something. It’s not that I like it but someone must be getting back what they’re done. So I must be the one who suffer because of what ChangJo gone through.

When ChangJo came to Jina’s classroom that time, I felt nervous because not that I don’t want to meet him but my heart can’t control itself. And at one time I felt I want to cry after looking at him. I finished the task Jina asked me quickly so that I can get away from ChangJo.
‘I’m sorry ChangJo but I done it for your good. You know that I like you.’ I ran away to the backyard and cried out loud.
“ChangJo-ah.. I really like you. I hope you get back with Yoomi. I know I’m nothing to you.” I cried it to myself. It’s hurt me so much.

 

~~

“Where are you going?” I hear someone called me. I turn around and meet Jonghwan. I ran toward him before he get mad.

“W-wae?”

“You’ll done anything for me right?” I get scared thinking what will he done but it’s me that make that deal. I nodded at him. “Now.. Follow me.” he walk away while I follow behind him a bit far. I followed him until we arrived at his car. He motioned me to enter his car.

“Wh-where are we g-going?” I still get afraid of him.

“Just get in.” I can’t protested him. My hand was trembling to open his car door but I brave myself to enter his car. I suddenly thought about Niel oppa. He would be worried if he can’t find me. I text him telling him that I’m going out with my friend.

“Who are you texting? Are you reporting to someone?” he start the car engine and exit the school.

“No. I’m telling my parent that I won’t go home now.”

“But.. Where are we going?”

“Just SHUT UP!” he yell at me making me get in fear. What would he do to me? Is it something bad? I hope Niel oppa and ChangJo will help me but it won’t happen. About 15 minutes later, we arrived at his house. I start to get weird thought.

“I won’t do anything. Get out.” I went out of his car same as him and follow behind me. We were greeted by his parent.

“Jonghwan~ You’re back.” I guess his mother went toward him happily. She smile at me and I smile back at her.

“Who is this?” his father join in and point at me. I bowed at him but I don’t know how to introduce myself. I’m not his friend and of course not a girlfriend. I glare at Jonghwan.

“Omma appa.. This is EunJi.”

“Alright. So you really want that thing badly. Alright. I’ll buy it for you.” His father said. I can’t get the meaning behind that. What is it between me and the thing that his father mentioned?

“Of course.. I want it tomorrow appa.”

“Alright alright. Talk about it later.” His mother stop both of them before turn to me.”EunJi.. Let’s eat for lunch together. “ I nodded at her and followed them to the kitchen. I help her to prepare the food on the table. Without I realise, I get close with her mother. It make me miss my mother right now.  We start to gather around the table and start eating.

“You must be curious about what thing I talk about with Jonghwan.” I nodded and wait for his father to continue. “I told him to bring his friend to our house. And they must be a girl. So he already brought you here and introduce to us. I promise him to buy his favourite car.” I was speechless. Why would he brought me? I just can simply smile at him.

“You’re his first friend that he introduce to us.” His mother added.

“Stop it omma appa.. We’ll talk it later.” Jonghwan stop them. When I saw Jonghwan, something about him make me feel that he’s not that bad person. There must be something happen in the past making him to act bad at school. He’s very close to his family and seem kind when I look at him talking to his family. After we’re done, I help his mother to wash the dishes. I felt comfortable around her. It’s been a long time I met my mother.

“You and Jonghwan just friend?” his mother suddenly asked me.

“Ne..” I also didn’t sure. Are we a friend?

“Since when?” Now this question making me flustered. What should I say? We aren’t a friend. I don’t have a choice but to lie again.

“2 years ago.”

“Can you tell me how he’s done at school? He never told me what happen In his school. He didn’t introduce his friends to us and it’s difficult to know how he’s doing at school.”

“He… Jonghwan… He’s kind. He help me a lot..” what I just said? I guess Jonghwan need to thank me as I didn’t tell the truth to their parent.

“Omma! I need to talk with EunJi.”

“Ne.” with that, Jonghwan grab my wrist and brought me to his room upstair. I can’t believe when I saw his room. I thought that he’ll be messy person but I’m wrong. It very clean and arranged well not like his attitude. He grab a chair and put it beside his bed. He motioned me to sit at the chair while he sat on his bed. We’re now face to face.

“I hope you won’t tell anyone about this.”

“Ne. But… Why you bring me?”

“You said you would done anything for me.”

“But you can bring Jina instead of me.”

“She’ll expose everything about me later.”

“Then me? I also could expose everything about you.”

“Really? But why don’t you tell the truth to my parent just now?”

“Th-that.. You have to thanks me later. I hide it from your parent.” He chuckled at me. it my first time seeing him smile and different from what I used to see him at school.

“Thank you then.”

“But.. They keep asking whether we’re friend or not. And since when. I just answer since 2 years ago.”

“Then act as my friend.”

“What?! But …….. I discovered something new.”

“What?”

“You’re not that bad person. Why you act different at school?” his face that smiled just now faded.

“None of your business.”

“Anyway. Thank you.”

“Wae?”

“Because you don’t disturb ChangJo anymore.”

“You have to do everything for me.”

“Ne.. But.. Until when?”

“Forever?”

“NO!! Can you please think about it?”

“YA! Not that you can act as my real friend here! Don’t raise your voice at me!”

“But.. Please~~~”

“Alright alright.. I’ll think about it.. But… Give me your phone number.” We both exchanged our phone number. I also don’t mind to be his friend. He’s not the cruel.

“Can I go back?”

“Alright.” We went out of his room. I bid goodbye to his parent. His mother hug me and it make me about to cry as I miss my mother.

“Come here anytime.” His mother said.

“Ne..” I went out with Jonghwan. He said he will send me back home. He’s really different now. I don’t tell him my address as I’m afraid he’ll come to my house and found Niel oppa. I just tell him to drop me at the bus station near my area. It take me 5 minutes to walk back home.

As I was about to enter the kitchen, Niel oppa popped out from his room. He ran downstair toward me.

“Where are you going just now?”

“I’m with my friend.”

“Who?”

“I-Ina..” I left the kitchen and went back to my room before he asked me further question. What will his reaction be if I said I’m with Jonghwan just now?