REMEMBER

I love you baby I'm not a Monster

“I guess, I have to go kill some monsters for now.” Jale said, as the four stood in front of their house. Bom is carrying a lot of plastic bags with her fashion items and other girl items. Dara carries some books, veggies and flowers. Neptune carries some overcoat and other food to fit in their fridge.

As soon as he said that, Dara turned unhappy.

“Can I go with you?” She asked, hoping he can take her.

“No way!” He said, too harsh because he is very surprised.

“...Why?” She asked, dropping her plastic bags to the ground.

“Because.. It’s very treacherous for you to be there.”

“B-but..-“

“Remember the time we went camping? Do you want that to happen again?” He asked. Her eyes grew wide, she still remember so well, the time where Jale hurts himself, risking his life to protect her. Fighting off more than seven horrendous monsters. His blood gashing from his skin. The smell of blood. She hate it.

“Y-you’re right.” She nodded. She felt like she wanted to cry.

“....” He looked at her watery eyes.

She tried to bite back the tears but her tears are too stubborn to do so.

She avert her gaze and ran all the way to her room.

“Dara!” Jale wanted to chase her and hold her in his arms forever but.. there is just one important thing he need to do.

The thing that he wants to know if it is true.. or false.

He wants to know his past. He wants to know if he is brainwashed. He wants to know his childhood. Who is he? Who are his parents?

“Jupiter..” Bom sighed. “Please don’t hurt Dara.” She grimaced.

“You don’t know anything.” Jale said, his eyes suddenly cold and icy.

Neptune knew that Jale is trying to prevent Dara from hurting but being a monster has it’s own obstacles to face. Dara have to surpassed the problems all along their story. If she passes, then true love conquers all.

“I may not know you at all..” Bom studied Jale’s face. “But, I can see deep within her eyes and soul that she is in love with you. She never looked at you the way she look at everybody else. It’s like.. she had this.. warm aura when she looks at you.”

Jale avert his gaze.

“I don’t know what kind of a man you are. I don’t know your true identity. I don’t know anything but for sure I could see the aura too. The warm aura surrounding you whenever you’re with Dara. I can’t deny that myself..that you’re really in love with her.”

“Yeah.” Jale said simply.

“So.. please try your best not to hurt her.” Bom cleared .

“I understand.” Jale cleared his throat too and walk away.

Neptune bite his cheeks. “Bom.”

“Uh huh?” Bom turned to him.

“Jale .. he knows how to handle himself well. You don’t need to give him advice. He is the type of guy who can stand up on his own feet and build up himself even stronger than before. What kills him and doesn’t kill him makes him stronger.”

Bom squinted her eyes.

“How can you know so much about him? I thought you guys just met?”

Neptune cursed in his mind.

“I mean... sure of course. I have a lot of boy talks with him. So we are getting very close right now.” He smoke his way out.

“Oh..what do you usually talk about? Boy talks..” She asked crossing her arms relatively.

“...Uh.. well... monsters.. around here.. and.. probably weapons...too.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t you want to go check on your best friend?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“OH RIGHT! OH MY GOD~” She gasped. “ I totally forgot. Damn what a bad friend I am.. Alright.. I’ll go inside and speak to her first.” She smiled and walked away.

“Bom.”

She clutched the doorknob, but turned to look at his y eyes.

“You’re a good friend. You’re special.”

He turned and walk away in a fashionable manner.

She stood there for more than five minutes, wondering if what she heard is real. She could feel her cheeks getting warmer and her stomach full of fluttering butterflies. Her heart beating like drums in a parade.

She twist the doorknob and comfort the sad Dara.

 

**

 

“Antibiotics.” Jale murmured, throwing the broken beaker to the garbage can and continuing to prepare the Human Form Liquid while trying to invent the Past Generator, which allows him to know his childhood and all the past.

He had tried for a long time but it never work. He swear he will do it.. no matter what he need to finish it now. No breakfast. No dinner. No nothing.

He has to know about his past.

He needs to. He wants to know whether his parents are alive or not.

And who is he?

 

“..Boron...Sodium..present... Aluminum.. uhuh...” he twisted the cap off and put some iodine inside. The Past Generator still doesn’t work.

“Goddamn it.” He cursed several times.

If this doesn’t work. He has to do it using his own goddamn head. He tries to rake his own head for more information.

Tried, tried and tried until his head throbbed so much that he felt like it wants to rip itself into two.

He bent down until he sat on the floor. Think. Think and think.

There is one last thing he needs for the Past Generator to work.

But what is it?

He looks at the scientific materials on his desk.

No nothing to do with all this.

It has to be about himself.. He rise from the floor, his eyes grew wide.

Found it.

He opened his laptop. Took the camera and screenshot his eyes. He zoomed in. The red irises of his so clear at the computer screen.

He used biometrics. The red irises he put it to life.

He used his own thing.

He used his eye.

The Past Generator worked.

It was set in forty eight hours.

“Forty eight hours to intact.”

Jale sighed and chuckled on his own. He sat on the floor. Finally.

All his hard work will be paid off.

He will finally know his past in exactly two days. He can know who his real name is. His age. His ambitions. Passions. Goals and targets. His family. His past friends. Where did he live? Did he have a girlfriend before? Or a fiancee?

The thought really excited him.

“Master. Can I help you?” The robotic voice came to him. He looked and saw Oogy, the robot that he created looking at him happily.

“A cup of coffee will be great.” He grinned and let his tired legs fall to the ground.

He kept thinking... about his real biological parents. Where are they? Do they search for him? Are they in the happy place called Seoul?

He laughed and smiled.

Everything is going to change in two hours.

Smooth.

He close his eyes, inhaled and exhaled.. fell into the deep slumber..

 

**

 

“Dara.. it’s okay. Trust me, Jale is not that kind of person.. the one who will leave you.. no he isn’t.” Bom said, giving her friend a reassuring look.

Bom and Neptune are there at the room comforting the crying Dara.

“How do you know Bom? You haven’t even known Jale for a long time.”

“Of course. We do speak Dara. We talked. He really does love you. His eyes just explains it all.” She said.

Neptune swallows. He want to ask. So he tried.

“Dara.” Neptune began.

Bom looked at him and Dara turned her head.

“Yes?” Dara tilt her head sideways.

“If Jale..” He paused for a moment. “ If Jale.. is involved in a freak accident and... and ... he lost his handsome face... will you still love him?”

Dara and Bom gaped at him like he lose his freaking mind.

“I mean... like he turned horrifically.. hideous or.. looked like a monster.”

Dara sobbed more.

“Oh my god. Did I just make it worse?” Neptune’s mouth shaped a big ‘O’ and he put his palms on his mouth, covering it.

“OF COURSEEE!” Bom groaned. “Put yourself in her shoes, Tide!” She called.

“Since when do you call me Tide?!”

“Why?” She raised her eyebrows. “Is there any problem?”

“YESSSS! A LOT!” He argued back.

“URGH.” Bom stomped on her foot but stopped bickering with Neptune as they exchange glances looking at Dara who looks more hopeless each minute.

“Dara... does it mean, that you won’t love him if he... uhmm.. you know look hideous?” Neptune asked. He secretly wish that she would still love him despite his monster looks.


Dara’s eyes met Neptune’s and Neptune try to smile sweetly and tenderly at her.

“Of course I do.” She wiped her tears away with her palms. "Jale is Jale. I love him for he is Jale. And he will forever be my Jale. I don't care if his charming face turns hideous, I will never care. He will always be Jale. The Jale I love very much.” She grimaced.

Neptune smiled widely as he heard that. He felt proud for his big brother that he could find a girl, loving him so.. entirely.. like.. he is the only guy in the Earth.  He will keep praying for this two people.

Two people who are from a different universe. A mundane and a monster.

He will wait until both that universe collides and become one. That will be one of his happiest days too.

If Jale loves Dara so much, then Neptune really loves and cares about her too.

She looked across at Bom who is smiling and patting Dara’s head too.

“Special.” He mouthed the words to her and she blushed.

“I am?” She mouthed back.

Neptune nodded. He felt his palms getting sweaty and his whole body.. warm. It’s temperature rises every time Bom gazed and smiled at him.

He is unsure of what these feelings are. Sometimes it appeared but sometimes it doesn’t.

What are these feelings?

He scratched his head when the doorbell rings.

“Ah! Jale!” He shot up.

Dara who was sobbing even began to go enthusiastic. Bom smiled at Dara’s actions.

“I’ll go get the door. You guys can stay.” Neptune said.

Bom and Dara nodded.

Neptune left the room and walked to the main door.

He opens the door. His breath . 

His mohawk hair is freshly done with gel, his liquid brown eyes met Neptune’s. He was wearing a tight and sleeveless shirt, which exposes his lean and tan arms.

Solar.

“What the hell are you doing here?” He asked.

“I came to see her. The one and only person I love.”

 

 

Writer's Note:

New Updates! :)

Feel free to leave comments about the fanfic below, Thankss! If for some reason i can't reply below, just ask me via twitter anytime!^^

AND Please Subscribe, it'll mean a lot to me!

Click here to subscribe to ILYBINAM!

Kamsahabnida! <3

 

Twitter: @ShikiHikaru

 

Love,

ShikiHikaru