ALMOST IS NEVER ENOUGH

I love you baby I'm not a Monster

Two days later..

"Daraling.." Jale hugged her tightly as Dara squirmed in fright. Jale frowned.

"What's up with you?" 

"N-nothing." Dara stifled a laugh while resting her head to Jale's chest. It felt so good to be together. 

"Give me a kiss?" Jale smirked, as he grabbed Dara and place him to the kitchen counter. Dara's heart is beating erratically as she marched her head forward and lean in to kiss him wholly in the lips. 

"Do you want to play a game?" His face was a sly expression as Dara gaze at his face. "N-no.." She whimpered.

"If you lose.. you have to do whatever I say." He kissed her nape as Dara quivered, she was getting a bit used to those kind of things because Jale often do affectionate things to her. He ed his shirt as he pulled of his tie. 

"W-what?" she could feel herself melting like an ice cream. Ashamed.

"I-if I win, please don't go anywhere anymore. If you go there, I will go there. zif you go here, i will go here. We will stay beside each other and we will attack monsters-"

"Are you an idiot?! What if the monster hurts you?! What if one of us hurts you?!" He yelled as Dara's face turns into a conspicuous face.

"One of us?" 

Jale's eyes widened, he averted his gaze elsewhere. 

"N-nothing. I meant what if those d-disgusting c-creatures hurt you. I can't bare to see that." 

"Well, that's very sweet of you Kwon. We will play this game."

"Are you sure? I am one hundred percent certain that i will win this." He gave another sly look and Dara stick her tongue out.

"I can win this too!"

Dara sometimes forgot, Forgot that she needs to find her friends here. She was to stick up with Jale- her first love that sometimes she could forget everything behind and just wish for the time to stop between them. 

Jale sometimes forgot too. Forgot that he is in a mission to find the key. However, he was in love with the revilliant instead and sometimes he could just forget everything behind, wishing that he could create a world that only he and Dara can enter. A world of theirs. A world of Sandara Park and Jupiter Jale.

 

"I don't want to eat! Don't you hear me at all ?!" Chaerin yelled to Delphine and her other personal maids. She was so devastated by Saturn's sudden death. 

"Mistress.. but since Saturn's death, you only drink and eat a loaf of bread.." Delphine complained and Chaerin looked at her sternly.

"At least I ate that." 

"But now you're not eat-"

"Mistress. You should eat.." the other maids pleaded her but she refused and look at the balcony again, recalling the time where Saturn promised her to teach her about love. She had been horrible these past days. She was roaming around with only a t-shirt and plain pants, with no make up and her hair had been a massive tangle like a bird's nest.

The door rushed open as all the maids looked at Mercury entering inside. He was huffing as he just ran up to the Mistress's room. Chaerin spun to look at Mercury, now standing by her side.

"Mistress, Master Zach ordered you to come downstairs." Mercury said with a serious and considerate look in his face. 

"I don't want to." 

"But Mistr-"

"Alright! If that will shut all of you up, I am going to eat and go down." she snatched a bowl of spaghetti in Delphine's tray and drank a glass of water. 

"Miss your tea.." 

Chaerin drank the peppermint tea, which she never drank tea anymore since Saturn's death. She swallowed back the tears as she finished eating and join Mercury down to the library.

"Uncle is in room X ?" Chaerin asked, gawking at the red book. Mercury nodded as he flipped the red book to page 42 and pressing the title. The bookshelves creak as it divides into two. Mercury bowed as he let Chaerin pass to the passageway. Then he closes the bookshelves again by clicking the same button and closing the book. 

Chaerin walked in the long, cold and dark hallway. It has never been her favorite place. She hate the smell, the sight and even the thought of it.. makes her want to scream and scream and scream till her lungs burst out.

"Uncle, what is it?" Chaerin asked, not bothering to knock the door as she saw Zach standing at Saturn's side. Saturn's body was lying in the casket. The room was empty except a study desk, shelves containing several secret books, a coat hanger, a vending machine and a casket-usually empty but now Saturn is there laying down with white roses all over him. White roses.. her favorite flower and color.

"Can't believe he is dead already.." Zach brushed the glass tainted coffin with his fingertips. Chaerin eyes stung but she bite back her tears. 

"Chaerin. I heard that you.. you refuse to do anything.. since Saturn's death." Zach inclined his head, to see his niece's reaction.

"Uncle. Please do something." She pleaded, bending down grabbing his leg.

"...." Zach looked at her, alarmed.

"Please, revive him." Chaerin's tears were already seen. "I know you could do it, but you never did it to anyone. But please! I need him to live, uncle !" 

"why? Why should I ?"

"He existed to guard me. He is born to guard me." she comprehend.

"No. Don't you knew we steal them and brainwashed them at all ?!" Zach was half yelling, boiled with rage.

"I knew! But still, I want him back!" Chaerin snapped.

"Chaerin! I can't do it, I don't want to revive him back." Zach raised his spectacles as he pressed a red button on his study desk, sending Chaerin away to her room like teleporting. Zach lowered his eyebrows, he felt sympathetic for his favorite niece somehow.

 

"So what game is this?" Dara asked as they are sitting by the porch. 

"Easy, hide and seek." he muttered as Dara gawked at him, not believing what she just heard. 

"You can't be serious?" Dara giggled slightly but seeing Jale's expression, she stopped. "Yeah. I'm good at hiding, you will never find me." He give a sly smile. 

"You know what.. I'm good at it too, I always beat my friends at that game." She imitated him, giving a cunning smile back.

"Oh really? Then I want to see you play." he shrugged.

"Alright, scissor paper stones then." 

At the count of three, Jale tried to guess what Dara will be using. He pulled put paper as Dara pulled out stone.

"I win. So I will hide and you will try to find me." He grinned as Dara pouted, facing the wall and count. 

"Don't try to peek okay?!" He kiss her head before going away to hide. 

10... 11... 12... augh.. 16... she giggled.. 19..

"Dara..." 

"A-alright! 20.. 21.... 22.... 23..Are you done?" Jale doesn't respond as she assume he was already hiding. She search behind the doors, bathroom, bedroom, below the bed, she found nothing. She doesn't give up yet. She search outside the house, behind the trees, bushes. 

1 hour later...

"I GIVE UP!" She yelled, crossing her arms, feeling upset. 

"Jale! I lost!" She wailed. 

"I win now ?" 

Dara peeked above, as she saw Jale sitting in the rooftop. She sighed exhaustingly.. How did he manage to climb that?

"H-how..?" 

"Climb and nailed it." He smirked. "So you have to do everything I say." 

"....." Dara grimaced, knowing her consequences. Oh god, how come she doesn't look at that damn rooftop. She swallowed as she follow Jale back to the house.

Oh damn, she shouldn't have fall for his slyness. 

 

Chaerin was back in her room, looking at the balcony again. It was a cloudy day today and she was feeling very miserable herself. She pull out her iPod, put on her headphones and listen to a sad song she loves the moment she hears it.

The only sad and slow song she likes.

She never really likes sad and slow songs at all, she usually likes fast and beat songs like rap and hip hop. She is listening to a song that the mundane world has right now-which her uncle use some device to steal some songs from the mundane world and she finds it super intriguing. Zach can steal anything from the human world, but not that damn key.

 

Almost is never enough- Ariana Grande ft Nathan Sykes.

[Ariana]

I'd like to say we gave it a try

I'd like to blame it all on life

Maybe we just weren't right, but that's a lie, that's a lie.

And we can deny it as much as we want

But in time our feelings will show

Cause sooner or later

We'll wonder why we gave up

The truth is everyone knows

 

 

Almost, almost is never enough

So close to being in love

If I would have known that you wanted me

The way I wanted you

Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

But right here in each other's arms

 

And we almost, we almost knew what love was

But almost is never enough

 

[Nathan]

If I could change the world overnight

There'd be no such thing as goodbye

You'd be standing right where you were

And we'd get the chance we deserve

Try to deny it as much as we want

The truth is everyone knows

 

 

 

She close her eyes, tears can't stop flowing.

 

 

 

Writer's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update.

So far, how's the story? Is it good? Tell me! Comment below!

Thank you for subscribing to this story guys! Saranghaeyo! <3

 

For those who haven't subscribe, click below!

Subscribe here! 

Thankss! ^^

 

Twitter: @ShikiHikaru <--- Follow! (:

 
Love,
ShikiHikaru