CHECKMATE

I love you baby I'm not a Monster

Clinging to his arms, Dara was grabbing some fresh air by Owene waterfall, searching for Bom again as she is now motivated to search with the guy that she loves..

Smiling like a lunatic, she stumbled upon a rock as Jale caught her in his arms. 

"Daraling.. you are seriously going to be the death of me." 

"Sorry.." she apologized while still smiling like an idiot. 

"Stop smiling." he frowned and Dara obeyed but minutes later, she continues to smile.

"Hey smiley, search seriously, is this your friend or my friend that we are searching?" he chuckled as her eyebrows lowered down.

"Search well or else I will punish you." Dara's mouth gaped open and Jiyong use the opportunity to kiss her wholely, letting him shoved her down . 

"Punish with a kiss?" Dara asked, smiling from ear to ear. Jale cocked his eyebrows.

"It will be worser than that. Don't take me lightly." He says, stepping onto a thick patch of grass and stepping a little monster which makes Dara aware of he surroundings but soon notice that Jale was already protecting her as a little monster scurried away. 

"With you it feels safe." she cling onto him again and he could feel his heart beating as Dara's fingertips touched him. 

"I think this is better." he swoop her. Piggyback. 

 

"I can't live like this!!!" Bom shrieked, shaking her hair away the. tying it to a ponytail. "IT'S BEEN A MONTH!! WHEN WILL I GO TO THE MALL?" 

"Bom! Quiet!" Neptune shushed her while cooking some meals for the both of them. "We always have this talk, why won't we just go to Owene Waterfall today so that we can researched more about the cave?" Bom asked.

"No. Not today please." He pleaded, he still remember Jale warning him that today he is going to the Owene waterfall with the revilliant.

"WHYY?"

"Because.. i-i'm uh i-i'm s.. sick" he stuttered. "Besides, you can find nothing in the cave, I've been there a lot if times."

"You are sick?" Bom asked, touching his forehead. 

"Headaches.." he flipped the pan over then went on preparing the plates but Bom help him. 

"Then... we will go tomorrow right?" she asked. 

"Of course." he pats her head and they layed the contents to the table.

 

"Yeah, your position is .., okay just move your leg a bit to the right." Saturn who was in his maid costume is serving Solar. Now is Mercury's shift to guard the Mistress.

"I see. Like this?" Solar trudged his leg to the left. 

"Yeah, let's take a break." Saturn wiped a sweat from his forehead, then turned to the ice box and grabbed two energy drinks. He gave one to Solar and Solar gulped down, his throat feeling cold and relaxed after the hot and challenging practice.

"It seems you overheard my conversation with the mistress." he suddenly goes onto the topic that amuses himself, but .. In the othe hand, Saturn loathes it badly.

"I am warning you Solar Tomb, don't be an ." Saturn frowned, a serious expression on his face.

"Give me a break Victory, I am sure that girl will come running to me and accept that offer. I am sure she is starting to realize that Jale doesn't and never loves her at-"

"Mister, this is your apple pie." Zyra, the maid called, laying the apple pie on the table. "and mister, this is your glaze doughnut." she turned to Saturn. 

"Thank you." Solar smiled. 

"Thank you, Zyra." Saturn is not smiling nor looking at the maid at all. He is frowning at Solar. An ultimate frown.

"Why are you not flirting with the maid, victory?" Solar chuckles, amuse by Saturn's expression. 

"I am not joking, Tomb." he snapped.

"You look funny when you are serious." Solar mumbled.

"Don't underestimate me." 

"Why are you doing this then? Perhaps... Have you fallen for Chaerin?" His grin grew wider and wider. Saturn's mouth hung open, as if he is caught stealing a candy from a store. 

"A bodyguard's job is to defend his mistress." a wild yet gentle voice appeared behind. Saturn turned to looked around and he knew by the voice that it is definitely Lee Chaerin. Chaerin walking with Mercury by side by side. Her hair was tied into a  braid and she is now wearing a flowy green dress with shades. Her long legs are tugged with green flat shoes. Saturn could not stop looking at the beautiful mistress in front of him. 

"Mistress..." His tongue felt like it was tied in a knot. He wanted to say something, maybe to compliment her beauty but he was sweating all over at the thought if it. 

"Tomb, you have to stop this unnecessary thoughts and stop being such an to Saturn." Chaerin pulled off her black glasses, her eyes are the colour of fresh green grass or green tea. Solar smiled at the sight of her. It is getting more amusing for him. 

"And no matter what, I will never accept that offer of yours, how insane." she blurted out and put on her shades again. He is totally mesmerized by this strong venus girl. A few hours ago, she is crying in the rain, like a weak and frail girl, as if she's giving up hope, surrendering. Now, she looks like a swan and a tiger. So beautiful yet strong and brave at the same time, very sensible and determined. He is so proud of her, how she could pull out a strong front at Solar when he is capable of hurting her with emotional words.

"How sad it is. Just don't regret it." Solar murmured. "Don't come crying and begging down to my knees wanting that offer."

"Don't worry, I won't." Chaerin smiled. "I never cry in front of anyone." 

But she transfixed her gaze towards Saturn and Saturn nod and gave a quick wink at her.

Solar walk away, staggering through the green grass and went inside the passageway, leading back to the dormitory. While, Saturn, Chaerin and Zyra stood there looking at the newcomer. 

"He memorized the locations real fast.." Zyra mumbled, ruffling through her hair as the wind was shaking. It's going to rain again. The weather seem to change all the time. It was sunny back then, and raining. When they were training it was sunny, and now when the training ends, the skies are becoming grey again. 

"Yeah and now a storm is coming again." Saturn looked at the grey skies above them. Thunder cackled and lightning strikes. Saturn dragged Chaerin away and Mercury follow them suit behind.

 

"Let's just separate ways, maybe we c-" Dara offered her brilliant idea with a genuine expression.  

"Idiot, what if you are lost?! What if you are attacked by a monster?! What if you pass out again?! What if you met that bastard again?!" He babbled everything out without thinking and Dara looked at him, petrified.

"Sorry. You.. just cannot leave my side okay. It's dangerous." He said, softening his expression than the previous one " You really have the knack of making people worried about you." 

Sometimes, he really felt himself as a villain for lying to Dara, even though she is innocent. He was obliged to do his mission and sometimes he felt he was obfuscating everything to Dara, every lies he tell will make her go confused. He just wanted to tell everything to her, that he is on a mission, he needs the key for Master and he is a monster...

But he could not bring himself to tell such an ugly truth. Once he told his true identity to the girl he loves, she will leave him. She will walk away for someone with a better future and identity. Who would want to love a beast? Who would want to love a monster like him?

"Jale, I love you." she whispered, clasping his hand while giggling. 

"You're so cheesy." He commented while chuckling, trying to hide his thoughts away.

 

It was  almost midnight and Jale told Dara that he needs sometime alone after sending her back home safely. He sprinted fast, as he was not on a human mode.  Passing through the boundaries and knocking on the door. He found Master in the library with the black book in his right hand. He was scribbling furiously on a piece of memo while clutching the book. The master looked up as he saw Jale knocking the silver door.

"Jale. Come in." He uttered, crumbling the memo away as he tossed it to the huge rubbish bin inside. Jale came in and sat beside Zachary. 

"I need to ask something." He crossed his hands, sitting straight.

"And what is that?" Zachary asked, putting the black book to his lap. 

"My family." he pointed out. "How is my childhood? Why am I not remembering anything?" 

"We have talk about this before Jupiter." "Mind if you tell me again, please Master." he pleaded, transfixing his gaze to the old man. 

"Fine. Viewin and the Forbidden Land are once connected. Monsters and mundanes are mixed together in this universe. However, Afloure build a door to block the two worlds. Afloure made a contract with mundanes to kill some weak monsters when doing so. A large population of us are killed. I remember, the day I found you, you are standing in front of the mundane holding a knife in his hand. I can still re-enact those scenes where you face the mundanes so bravely when other individuals, kids or teens or adults are running madly away. You just stand there with an impassive expression on your face. A heroin." 

He listened, concentrating with every words that the Master say.

"I did not know your parents, you were just there standing.. I only saw you and some others like Neptune who ran away. But they are found by my guards. I was amazed by you. Why does everyone runs away when you are there facing a thing that could kill you." 

"People are bribe with money because of Afloure. It is crazy. It is a catastrophe. I ran towards you as I saw them coming closer, with it's dangerous slashing knife. I took you away, carrying you in my arms and kill some of those mundanes. However, as we ran, they close it. They close the door. The door that connects us to Viewin and the entire world. That is why I need the key badly."

"Why does everyone suffer this kinds of memory loss?" 

"I told you, I think Afloure brainwashed most of the monsters at first. Secretly. He did crazy stuffs to us because he wanted revenge, for being jealous towards me. I was a mad scienist, inventing lots of fun stuff. He was jealous and wanted revenge."

"I see.." Jale said. 

"How is the revilliant?" 

"She would still asks me to search for her friends but don't worry, i handled her properly."

"We have to keep her until we find the key. She may know where it is, she may know which area she is in when she lost it. So I'll leave this mission in Your hands." He stood up and so did Jale.

"And.. the Warp Clan is another story.. they are once good friends with Afloure. But, Afloure tricked them, betrayed. He also left them here, not bringing them to the mundane world. They ended up hating us, They thought it is our fault, how we raise Afloure to become such a tyrant. So our clans are divided. They killed our fighters and so did we. We became enemies."

"Why does Afloure wanted to be with the mundanes?" Jale asked.

"He told it in the letter, he think mundanes are much nore natural and intriguing. We are disgusting monsters. So, he disguised as a mundane in the mundane world." 

"That's plain pathetic." he replied with expressionless eyes.

"Once we retrieved the key, what will we do?" 

"We will find Afloure definitely and kill that bastard. I've offered Warp Clan regarding this mission. They wanted to do it on their own, they hated us as much as they hate afloure or even worse. Then, i have this dream.. of ruling the world." The master grinned a little. 

"Ruling the world.. how?" 

"I have a plan in mind but I still keep it to myself. It's a fantastic plan." he cackled loudly as he walked to the door. 

"The revilliant.." The master look at Jale in the eye. "Make her fall in love with you, make her intrigued by your charms, that she is willing to do anything for you."

"........" Jale didn't say anything as the master left. He walked to the archery room, missing the archery lesson during the morning because he was teaching Chaerin, he take a rough practice.

 

"Make her beautiful, she has to make those idiots charmed by her, then we can launched an attack on the Vibe Clan. If it misfires, do plan B."

"Yes Master Kris." Chanyeol bowed. 

"And asked all of them to train themselves, we have to mop all their butts out."

 

In the woman boudoir, Chen and the other maids are helping the spy with her hair, make up and dress. Everything from head to toe. Chen was good at those female stuffs. He had a good sense in fashion, make-up, culinary skills, etc. 

"Wow. I look different." Minzy uttered out, while looking in the mirror. Her appearance had change slightly for 5 hours of make up. 

"Yeah, no one will recognize you." Chen grinned while placing his hands on her shoulder. The maids helped her with the dress, she was dressing scantily, a tight black dress, flowing down to her thighs, above the knee. She wore an auburn long curly wig. She straightened up and the maids help her with her long black boots. 

"Guns?" Lay looked at her, bored. Minzy pointed to her boots. 

"Woah. You look beautiful." Baekhyun complimented her and she smiled. She dugged another knife to her left boots. 

She stride towards the stairwells, where she saw some fighters down there. The monsters looked at her as she took each steps down from the marbel staircase. Kris, who was sitting in his throne looked at her and smile gleefully.

Everyone saw her lanky features and gasped. Murmurs could be heard as she proceed to bow at Master Kris. 

"Minzy, now that you are in your human form, I will send D.O to walk with you to the Vibe Clan. But we will launch this attack exactly at midnight, so there is still about two hours for you to get ready. You can play in the lake."

"But... You can signal us if you find nothing wrong. Just press this gemstone to signal us, and we will be right behind your back." Kris pulled out an emerald ring from his pocket.

"Alright. Thank you, Master." she bowed a full ninety degree then sauntered towards the doorway to go to the Lacezie lake.

 

"Ailee!" Minzy called out, bending by the lake. The waters of the lake are quite dark as it's almost midnight. 

"Ailee yah!" Minzy called out the second time. She wanted to meet Ailee before she launched this attack. 

A girl rise from the lake, her fins rising to the surface. Her beautiful straight purple hair was seen and Minzy looked at her sternly. Ailee smiled once she saw Minzy.

"Minzy ah, Why are you calling me this late?" Ailee said in a languid manner. 

"I wanted to see you before I do my mission." She gave a peck on Ailee's lips.

Her lips tasted salty yet intoxicating. 

"Make sure you did well.. and don't forget to bring your guns, knives, whatever it's called okay." Ailee whispered.

"Yeah, where are-"

"Sssh, Don't speak loudly, You'll wake them up." Ailee frowned and Minzy giggled.

"Sorry, Ailee. I really love you, you know that don't you." Minzy her wet hair and Ailee rest her head on Minzy's thin hips.

"Yeah, I know that, I love you too."

"I really hate sneaking out like this. I really hate the fact that our relationship is a private matter, I want to tell the world that we are in love with each other, and no matter what people said. Don't care about it okay." She winked.

"Let's just go public." Ailee pouted. Minzy shrugged but then nodded. "I'll think about it."

Ailee raised her head again. "Then go beat those monsters, girl. Beat those monsters and bring my friend back." 

"Alright." She kissed her forehead and ran away, leaving Ailee behind.

As she walked towards the hall, after several minutes later, she met up with D.O and Sehun who are playing video games in D.O's room. 

"D.O let's go." Minzy whined and D.O paused his game. 

"Yah! Luhan! Play it for me!" D.O jabbed a finger at Luhan and Sehun groaned.

"Yah! D.O! Don't do-"

"YEAHHH!!! I'LL PLAY IT FOR YOUUU!! I'LL MAKE SURE I WIN IT FOR YOU!" Everybody knows that for sure Luhan will beat out the crap in everyone's if it's about video games. 

"Okay, Minzy let's go." D.O her to the forests, having a jaunty walk towards the boundaries of the Vibe Clan, entering their land.

 

 

Writer's Note:

 

Hey guys, so chapter 10 is up! Please read and continue support us!

 

Feel free to comment anything below! 

And, don't forget to subscribe to ILYBINAM! 

Click Here to Subscribe to this story!

Saranghaeyo! :3

 

Twitter: @ShikiHikaru <--- Follow!

 

Love,

ShikiHikaru